English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 12 January 2015, 02:17   #1
Pheonix

Anyone with Buddha IDE & CDRom Drive?

I'm trying (while my Amigas are down,) to build an install boot disk & CD for WB 1.3 & 2.1 (Save time from hunting down all the disks for setting up my drive.) I'm working with WinUAE, and am not having many problems. Well, not any more at least. I can boot and use my virtual drive as a SCSI CDRom drive without issue. It read and works with the ISO I've created. So far, I can boot to an ADF image, which detects which KS I'm using, and installs the correct drivers. I can run the HDTools for either 1.3 or 2.1, and set up the scsi.device HDD without a problem. The ISO can then be used to put all the correct files on the correct partitions. Everything works great

The one problem I'm running into now, is how to set the disk so that it will correctly install the CD-Rom (I already know the setting will work for the HDD.) So, does anyone have a Buddha installed and is willing to test CD-Rom mount settings for a real Buddha? I'm using BabelCDFS for compatibility with KS/WB 1.3, and I believe it should work. The main issue I'm running into is if the scsi.device will work through the Buddha, because space is getting tight, and I can't quite get buddha_atapi.device to fit on the disk I'll force it if I have too, I'm sure I can save some space if I use 1.3 files on my 2.1 section of the disk. But would like confirmation, and testing if possible.

Thank you