English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 09 October 2013, 09:41   #161
groundplayer

Would it be possible to add similar commented lines for say Blizkick to next Amikit release and maybe other accelerators too ? My 1260 really comes alive in Amikit, only when using Blizkick proggie. Waiting eagerly for next release,,thankyou Retrofan !

Last edited by groundplayer; 09 October 2013 at 12:50.
Old 12 October 2013, 15:29   #162
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

The thing is that currently I don't have a B1260 (I miss when I had one), so I can't try the right blizkick comand for it. I sent a message to Piru asking for permission and so, but I've got no answer.

The 04 update will be released very soon, and also an online update. The 04 is very trusted here, and it has been too long since the last update with the holidays and so, but there are a lot of updates "in the closet" that I've commented recently that will have to wait for the 05.

Edit: 04 update released today and also 1.6.6 online update.

Edit: I've got good news. The author of one of the best video players (can't tell more) will surely make his program (with keyfile) shareware in a couple of weeks .

Last edited by Retrofan; 14 October 2013 at 23:42.
Old 14 October 2013, 12:19   #163
groundplayer

Just installed amikit 0.4 (upgrade) on my 1200/1260, everything is working fine but when using wb taskbar scrolling with small resolution, not all icons are visible or scrolling inside submenu is not working. Thankyou Retrofan !

Last edited by groundplayer; 14 October 2013 at 13:34.
Old 14 October 2013, 14:37   #164
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

You say Workbench2000 I guess ¿?. Yes, if you use an small screen you should select a configuration for it with less icons, like the lite or better the light one. You can select it with the new preferences of MorpheuZ (MorpheuZ, Preferences, Workbench2000).

Anyway the fastest bar is the one of Magellan. You can install it clicking on MorpheuZ, Preferences, TinyMeter, Magellan Bar. You can also choose the full bar (that later you can setup as transparent) or just the icon-menu. This last is the fastest option.

Last edited by Retrofan; 15 October 2013 at 21:41.
Old 14 October 2013, 14:45   #165
groundplayer

Wb2000 is working now, thankyou for your advice ! Magellanbar it's really fast i will be using that. Did clean install on my other 1200/1231 and speed is reeally amazing. Thankyou again, hope you continue this amazing work !
Old 14 October 2013, 15:10   #166
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Thanks. Yes I also preffer the Magellan bar for my ACA 1231/42. Read the instructions of the install, as it has several things to try, for example the new Themes. I recomend to try them. You just have to make a right click on screen, select Settings, Themes, Load Theme, and for example 3DaDict 800x600.
It will change the fonts, sounds, Wallpaper and Windows backdrops. Make again the same (Settings, themes...) and select again the same Theme. Each Theme has several Wallpapers that are open randomly. You can later leave one saved or return to the original. All is at the instructions.

About speed, yes it's faster, and it will be much faster with the next update, the 05, WIP.

Edit: Thinking again, I better copy here the instructions of the 04 Update:

"RealAmiKit 0.4 UPDATE by Retrofan (October-2013)
--------------------------------------------

- ADDED: MMULib.
- ADDED: Enforcer program.
- ADDED: New Wallpapers.
- ADDED: New Game, AmigaParachute.
- ADDED: NetSurfAGA Beta.
- ADDED: TinyMeter
- ADDED: New custom Magellan Taskbar.
- ADDED: New "Preferences" option for MorpheuZ.
- CHANGED: New menu images for Workbench 2000. Four options to install it.
- CHANGED: Patterns.
- CHANGED: Skins of SilverBlue and SilverGreen.
- CHANGED: Icons for Games and PicShow.
- CHANGED: R.A.W renamed as R.A.W..
- CHANGED: bgui.library now using version for 020.
- CHANGED: Themes fixed and changed to 16 colors.
- UPDATED: New icon.library, 46.4.326 by Peter Keunecke.

Thanks a lot to Thomas Richter for the MMULib, Michael Sinz for Enforcer, PeterK for his icon.library, Gibs for AmigaParachute and Arti for his NetSurfAGA conversion. Also thanks to Novacoder for his help on this last, Thomas like always, and to James for his great tips betatesting it.

HOW DO I INSTALL IT ?
---------------------

You just have to download the update and copy it to any volume, PCMCIA, USB flash disk or any other system you've got to transfer files.
Then unpack it, open the drawer and double click the Install icon.

The installer will ask you some questions, like what WB2000 installation do you want or what TinyMeter Setup do you preffer.
You can select between four different installs for WB2000: Full, Half, Lite and Light. The Full version is of course the most complete, but it will be also the one to take longer to start. Once started all the versions run fast.

With TinyMeter you can select between it showing just the amount of memory available (Chip and Fast) or also showing the CPU use (more demanding for your System).
You can also select it to be used as part of the new Magellan bar, and in that case it will ask you about your monitor driver and at the end if you want to use the Full Taskbar or just the Start Menu (faster for your System).

You can use the installer as many times as you want to try different configurations. The installer will only copy the files the first time, the rest of times it will only change the options you select.

WHAT'S NEW AND WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW ?
---------------------------

- MMULib. What do I get of this? It depends on your system, but to start you've got there the 040 and 060 libraries amigans were asking for. If you want to use them under emulation you can make that too. Select on the install for example a 060 accelerator and later configure WinUAE to use it.

You must know that the installer will only copy the library of the accelerator you are going to use. If you select for example a 030 and later you want to use a 060 you can run the new MorpheuZ option, "Preferences" and select it, or copy it from the MMULib program in AmiKit:Utilities/Expansion, or you can also run again this installer and select that Cpu.

Why? Because if you run Enforcer and SegTracker from the s-s and you have all the libraries there, a message like this will appear:

"68060Lib Installation Alert. The 68060 library requires a 68060, do NOT use it on a 68040. No exceptions, no excuses, no discussion. It won't work this way."

So I'm only installing what you select.

- New wallpapers. They are like always in AmiKit:Prefs/Presets/Backdrops. You have the new ones (800x600 and 1024x768) remapped to 16 colors or also with 256 colors on the 256 Colors drawer. You can try some of this drawer using just 16 colors too, as they use few colors and will look nice.

Ah! You can use them also as backdrops for your windows, and they will look wonderful. You can do it as you won't be cutting a complete image like in another wallpapers.

- Workbench 2000. The installer will let you choose which one you want as explained, but anyway if later you want to use another configuration, you can use MorpheuZ, "Preferences", If you want to make it manually, you'll have a "Versions" drawer on WB2000 (AmiKit:Utilities/Expansion) with all of them. You just have to copy the preferences to the main WB2000 drawer and substitute the existing. Also if you like you can run again this installer to change the options.

With the new "Preferences" option on MorpheuZ you can change these options anytime you want.

- Enforcer. Enforcer is a debugging tool, and it's also used by the MMUTools, Just in the case you want to find any problem with any program or whatever you are trying/installing. You can find Enforcer in AmiKit:Utilities/Expansion,

- NetSurfAGA Beta. It needs a FPU by now. It's Beta and it will be improved with time.

- TinyMeter. You have some options to install it: With CPU bar, without it, or used as part of the new Magellan Bar.

- New Custom Made Magellan Taskbar. It's made joining a custom TinyMeter bar to a new Magellan Start Menu.

You will find different options to install it depending on your screen mode. Why? Because the position of the bar will change depending on that.

You can select also between the Full bar or just the Start Menu. Selecting the Full bar, if you use a different screen mode or you have another Overscan, then you will have to manually adjust the position of the bar to your screen. For that you must open AmiKit:Prefs/TinyMeter, click on "Window" and then select as "Window Size" your Screen Width (open AmiKit:Prefs/Screenmode and look which is it), and as "Window Position" 0 and the height you are using (on Screenmode prefs too). Also you should in that case change and save (Save Layout) the position of the Start Menu.

If you go on TinyMeter prefs to Flags, you can change Backgroundtype to "Snap", and then the bar will be partially transparent.

If you want to use just the new "Fast&Cute" Magellan Start Menu (the best -faster- "Taskbar" ever made), you can open it anytime right clicking on screen and selecting "Buttons", "Load Start Menu", and clicking on "Magellan_bar".

If you want to close it, make a right click on it's left side and then click on "Close". If you don't want to see it again after a reboot, after closing it make a right click on screen, and select "Settings", "Save Layout".

Save Layout will also save the Start Menu on screen if you want to leave it where it is after opening it.
For that just move first it's image to where you want it to be and save the Layout as explained.

- "Preferences" on MorpheuZ. You have now the same options of the update installer ready on MorpheuZ. Just open it an select between the new options: Workbench2000, TinyMeter or CPU Libraries, so you can change them anytime you want/need.

- Themes. You can try them (on Magellan) with a right click on the main screen and selecting "Settings", "Themes", "Load Theme" and opening any of the existing. Each time you load a Theme it changes the wallpaper randomly. If you want to boot always with that Theme (it will change the wallpaper with each boot) you should make a right click on screen, "Settings", "Environment" and Save. If you want to keep only one wallpaper of the Theme to boot you just have to make a right click on screen, "Settings" and "Save Layout". The Themes are all remapped to 16 colors.

If you want to return to use the original AmiKit Theme after saving another, you will find it named "AmiKit.theme" on the "Themes" drawer , so you can use and save it as explained before.

If you want to try the wallpapers with Workbench or Scalos, the Themes are on AmiKit:Utilities/EXPANSION/Opus5/Themes.

Enjoy!

"

Last edited by Retrofan; 14 October 2013 at 15:29.
Old 14 October 2013, 15:38   #167
groundplayer

Is there any way to disable "Start menu" from loading at startup ? It's not in WBStarup folder ?. Yet more speed, can't wait for that next release ! Thankyou !
Old 14 October 2013, 15:43   #168
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

The Magellan menu is composed of two parts: the TinyMeter bar and the Magellan Start Menu. TinyMeter starts from the WBStartup, and the Magellan Start Menu if you want to quit it, make a right click on it's left side and select Close. If you don't want to see it again, make (after closing it) a right click on screen, Settings, Save Layout.

Be sure you don't have a window opened when using Save Layout, as it saves them opened too after a reboot.

Last edited by Retrofan; 16 October 2013 at 12:35.
Old 14 October 2013, 16:06   #169
groundplayer

Ok i got it working and managed to config magellanbar too ! I will try now all those wonderfull different themes. Thankyou !
Old 14 October 2013, 18:57   #170
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

You are welcome. What you said about it's much faster, in the 05 I will change the startup-sequence and user-startup. If you are using an ACA 1231/42 you surely aren't running it right actually. Make an "ACATune -status" and read what it says. Also make a test with SysInfo.

But I solved that on my post 160: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...support&page=8

Last edited by Retrofan; 18 October 2013 at 17:32.
Old 14 October 2013, 20:37   #171
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

could you make a version for gfx card users ?
Old 14 October 2013, 21:01   #172
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

That would be too difficult without drivers without copyright. I made a version for my BPPC/BVision, but can't share it.
Old 14 October 2013, 22:40   #173
gulliver
BoingBagged

I really like your workbench pack.
The only missing feature, from my point of view, is graphics card support as mentioned before.

You could probably get Picasso96 2.1 and CGX 3 to be distributed within your pack without any problems.
Old 14 October 2013, 23:19   #174
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
I think Retrofan aims for AGA-systems with this, you, know the good' ol classic retro-non-franken-AGA
Old 15 October 2013, 01:25   #175
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Please mods move these last posts to the Support one.
Done!
Old 16 October 2013, 21:44   #176
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Rtg support (Updated)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican3 View Post
could you make a version for gfx card users ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
I really like your workbench pack.
The only missing feature, from my point of view, is graphics card support as mentioned before.

You could probably get Picasso96 2.1 and CGX 3 to be distributed within your pack without any problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamiga2002 View Post
I think Retrofan aims for AGA-systems with this, you, know the good' ol classic retro-non-franken-AGA
I've made an unofficial plug-in for those who want an rtg version of AmiKit Real.

If you want to run AmiKit Real with Rtg on WinUAE (it's supossed to work for real too) you can do as I've just done, using WinUAE from 2.7 with Piccolo SD64.

This way:

1- Starting from AmiKit Real 1.0 (ONLY. You have to wait for an update for the RTG Plugin for the AmiKitReal 8 update) you can open MorpheuZ, Preferences and select the CPU to use 060. Don't reboot yet.

2- Edit the Startup-Sequence and comment ;C:LoadMondrvs .

3- Install Picasso96. As Horizontal Scan Rates I'm using 64KHz with my monitor.

4- Later WinUAE will tell you have to install a more recent rtg.library. You can find it if you download from the WinUAE web the zip archive, inside "Amiga Programs" http://www.winuae.net/ . The library goes inside AmiKit:Libs/Picasso96.

5- Disable CyberbugFixAga: Go to AmiKit:Tools/Disable_CGX_&Birdie. It will automatically reboot.

6- Press F12 and change WinUAE to use on Expansions as RTG Graphic Card a Piccolo SD64 Zorro II with 4Mb of Vram size.

7- Run the prefs of Picasso96 (I've installed them on AmiKit/Prefs), select a monitor mode (test it first), right click on the left column your Picasso config and select "Attach mode".

8- Reboot and now go to Prefs/Screen Mode, and choose the Piccolo screen mode you want. Test it.
AmiStart has graphics problems with the icons if you use a 24bits monitor and AfA_OS, but it will run ok with 32bits. I am using 800x600 32Bits.

9- Installing this Plugin it will change the Startup-Sequence on the Real version only (as we are enabling AfA_OS), so if you are using real hardware make the changes you need on your Startup-Sequence that will be saved as Startup-SequenceRTGBackup before rebooting.

To run the Plugin installer just download and unzip it (windows is ok with WinRar) and then open it with your AmiKit OS, doubleclicking the Install script. It will ask where do you want to install it: AmiKit for Pc or AmiKit Real.

10- If in your Pc it boots as fast as in mine you should disable the booting music from the s-s. It's up to you.

With my plug-in it will look like this:

I have to say that some of the programs it installs are inspired by James' Workbench, so my greatest thanks to him. Of course they have some improvements on my side too. The small icons you see over AmiStart will move up fast spinning and growing while you pass your pointer over them like in a Mac. They use alpha channel.

The installer can be installed either on AmiKit for Pc -the original-, on a real Amiga with RTG or using the steps I've written to use AmiKit Real with Piccolo64. The installer will ask you in what config are you installing it (AmiKit PC Vs AmiKit Real WinUAE/RTG), as the configs are different.

Download the installer from here -renaming it-:

http://www.m e d i a f i r e.com/download/du8mxaez78zyt0c/AmiKitRTGPlugin.zip

It has a WinUAE config included; you only should change the paths -at least the one of the Hd drawer or hdf-.
Unzip it (Windows is ok with WinRAR), open your AmiKit version with the installer stored somewhere and click on "Install".

Ah! I forgot to say that my installer will change the Clock face of SkinnableClock when you change the Environment with MorpheuZ on the AmiKit for Pc version.

Remember this is an absolutely unofficial plug-in, so install it under your own risk and don't ask for support for the official AmiKit for PC, as it won't have any. You have been warned.

Edit: If you are lazy to try these easy 10 steps and if you already use AmiKit for PC, as I've said you can try also this Plug-in with it just downloading it and after clicking over the install icon just selecting AmiKit for Pc to install over

Updates:

- AfAOS working.
- My Start Menus now working with AfAOS (they had a problem with AfAOS libs, but the icons have been changed to avoid conflicts thanks to PeterK). Also a new Start Menu with a grey theme as you can see in the screenshot.
- MorpheuZ now including all the Themes of the Real version plus the original ones of the Pc version. I mean that the 24bits ones will work too.
- A lot of backdrops and images changed to be used with RTG.
- Using the new CheckSmPrefs program by Thomas released with the Live Update 1.7.0, the AmiKit Logo with the version of the Live Update is the same of the Pc version.
- Remember that with the 1.0 update AmiKit Real has several radio streams included. To listen the first one (Energy 98) you just have to open AmiNetRadio and press the play button it has in the middle.

Edit: Old comments :

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukassid
OM*G!
writing this from ibrowse ... wow wow wow.
this is Amiga I want!!!!
Congratulations on such fantastic OS. ******* amazing.

Do you think it's possible to have as fast on let's say 060 A4000 with Picollo card??

I never experienced such nice Amiga OS, thank you!

Last edited by Retrofan; 09 December 2014 at 20:08.
Old 19 October 2013, 00:10   #177
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

thank you, it looks great !
Old 19 October 2013, 00:56   #178
seb132
French in Australia

Send a message via MSN to seb132 Send a message via Yahoo to seb132
It looks fantastic!
Old 19 October 2013, 02:32   #179
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Thanks. I want someone to try it and tell. I've seen that I've got (edit: had) a "mistake" or problem with my Rtg version for my Real version and NetSurf; let's see: ... It doesn't work, or perhaps is the mode I'm trying (24bits). The original NetSurf also seems to need 32bits BGRA (the one AmiKit for Pc uses) to work better, that PiccoloSD64 hasn't. So, it works with 32bits, but the pointer doesn't look good with it. So I don't recommend to use NetSurf with Piccolo64.

I will change a bit the installer to include some images not remapped (step 11 and logo for 1.6.6 of step 12) and the right links for NetSurf.

Anyway the fast/easy way to try my plug-in is with the original AmiKit for Pc version, just click on install and that's all.

Edit: Link updated with the fixes.

Last edited by Retrofan; 19 December 2013 at 01:45.
Old 19 October 2013, 16:42   #180
lukassid

Jeez. That Amikit on Rtg looks great. Much nicer than 4.1 and you don't need PPC.