English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 25 January 2011, 16:42   #1
DrunkenMessiah

Question Please help with ADF - too small!

Hi,

I'm completely new to the emulation scene but I've got UAE4Droid installed and working on my Desire HD and have been playing SWOS very happily for a few days. I stumbled onto the SWOS community site yesterday and discovered to my joy and amazement that the folks there have managed to update the SWOS data to 2010/11 season. I so want this on my HD!

Here's the problem: the images they provide on the SWOS site are in hdf format, which UAE4Droid doesn't support. I'm trying to get the contents of the hdf into my little adf image but it's too much, the adf cops out at 880KB, I need more, about 1.5MB

I've tried to use ADF Opus to create a larger adf - 1.67MB but they aren't bootable (even after checking the bootable option).

I've actually even written to the UAE4Droid dev asking him if he can support hdf images but... it's unlikely I guess.

I don't know if it's possible but can someone help? I can't enjoy SWOS 96/97 as much knowing that there's more up-to-date data out there.

P.S. sorry if I've missed this elsewhere, I did search but couldn't find anything.

P.P.S. I don't have an Amiga but I could probably get hold of one if I needed to.

Old 25 January 2011, 17:09   #2
s2325
Zone Friend

Maybe boot Workbench from DF0: and insert 1.67MB image into DF1:
Old 25 January 2011, 18:51   #3
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Try splitting the files between two adf's ?

If you post the link to the site i'll have a look at it for you.
Old 26 January 2011, 10:50   #4
DrunkenMessiah

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
Maybe boot Workbench from DF0: and insert 1.67MB image into DF1:
I'm not sure how to go about this but I'll see if I can work it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie
Try splitting the files between two adf's ?

If you post the link to the site i'll have a look at it for you.
OK cool. I did try this and got to the team selection part but it just froze up, I guess that's because it couldn't find my 2nd floppy or something. Anyway, here's a link to the hdf. And here are the original SWOS disks.

Thanks so much for your time, it's really appreciated.

Old 26 January 2011, 11:34   #5
s2325
Zone Friend

In Workbench disk is visible even without bootblock so you can start the game from here.
Old 26 January 2011, 13:45   #6
DrunkenMessiah

Quote:
In Workbench disk is visible even without bootblock so you can start the game from here.
OK, I've managed to load Workbench 13. But when I double click on DF1: it just says "The icon(s) have no default tool".

Should I be doing something else? Sorry, I haven't owned an Amiga for many, many years now and I've forgotten how the thing works!

Old 26 January 2011, 14:55   #7
s2325
Zone Friend

Try to find option "show all files". Or maybe Workbench 1.3 can not work with disks bigger than 880KB. Try newer version.
Old 26 January 2011, 15:45   #8
DrunkenMessiah

Quote:
Try to find option "show all files". Or maybe Workbench 1.3 can not work with disks bigger than 880KB. Try newer version.
I can't find an option for show all files, also it looks like UAE4Droid will only support the kick13 ROM so I can't load a newer version of Workbench...

Beginning to think this might be hopeless...

Old 26 January 2011, 17:33   #9
DrunkenMessiah

Little bit more info:

I tried the whole "spread the data over more disks" idea again and get a strange result. Able to boot into the game which is not surprising because disk 1 is the same anyway. I can then start a career with a team from a country up to and including Israel.

Wayhey, partial result!

Problems come though when trying to start a career from anyone in Italy onwards... which is annoying because two favourite teams are Juventus and Rangers (I'm an Italian/Scottish half breed, lol).

I've split the team files 000 to 069 on disk 2 and 070 to 085 & 248 on disk3. Now... I know that Scotland is 033 so... I don't understand. To make matters even more confusing, if I start a career as say, Chelsea or Ajax, I can browse the up-to-date Scottish teams!!

I'm obviously missing something here and it has me very confused.

Old 27 January 2011, 16:09   #10
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

I had no luck with the HDF but I found a site that offers the updates upto 2010.

http://synchronated.110mb.com/index.html

Edit: Looking through the updates it seems that all of the updates that I have tried are indeed too large to fit on the floppy.
These updates are meant for a Harddrive.

Last edited by Arnie; 27 January 2011 at 18:11.
Old 27 January 2011, 20:14   #11
DrunkenMessiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
I had no luck with the HDF but I found a site that offers the updates upto 2010.

http://synchronated.110mb.com/index.html

Edit: Looking through the updates it seems that all of the updates that I have tried are indeed too large to fit on the floppy.
These updates are meant for a Harddrive.
Strangely enough that is the data I am trying to use. I have however managed to get the data on the 2nd floppy though basically destroying the sound files to make space. And I've managed to get all (that I've tested) teams working in career and friendlies using the 1.03 data (thanks to Synchronated) but it crashes after the Cup Winners Cup result at the end of the season... so close yet so far. lol

Old 13 March 2011, 03:20   #12
Hewitson

I've created a High-Density ADF for you but I can't get it to work in the useless heap of shit that is E-UAE. I've uploaded it to the zone anyway, hopefully you'll have more luck with it.

Kickstart 3 required.