English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 25 March 2020, 15:34   #1
XsamX1987

Faulty Help-Competition Pro HoneyBee SG-8

Hello I will just start off with I Hope you are all well and staying safe

So I don't know if its a fault or Maybe compatibility issue, But when I use My gamepad and I move to the left or right I will randomly jump makes it difficult to play most games, I have tested with my Zipstick and it works perfectly so I know its not the port which is great, so I know it wouldn't cost much for another Pad of the same model but if I can repair I would prefer to do that instead of throwing it away

So if anyone has any ideas at all I would be so grateful
Old 26 March 2020, 17:30   #2
Daedalus

it's possibly as simple as the d-pad up being too sensitive and getting activated when you press left or right. You could try cleaning out the contacts and the rubber mat. Another possibility is that the rubber dome for the up direction is worn out and the contact is sitting too low, allowing for the unintentional activations.

Megadrive pads aren't 100% compatible with the Amiga, but usually work well enough, and while I don't know the Honeybee internals, the original MD pad doesn't do anything with the up signal that could be triggered by a faulty or poorly running chip.
Old 27 March 2020, 01:43   #3
XsamX1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
it's possibly as simple as the d-pad up being too sensitive and getting activated when you press left or right. You could try cleaning out the contacts and the rubber mat. Another possibility is that the rubber dome for the up direction is worn out and the contact is sitting too low, allowing for the unintentional activations.

Megadrive pads aren't 100% compatible with the Amiga, but usually work well enough, and while I don't know the Honeybee internals, the original MD pad doesn't do anything with the up signal that could be triggered by a faulty or poorly running chip.
That sounds hopeful What you suggest is the best cleaner for cleaning the contacts and rubber mat?
Old 27 March 2020, 09:45   #4
Daedalus

Isopropanol, but be gentle. It should be obvious if there's dirt involved because rubbing your finger across the contacts on the PCB would leave dirt on your finger. If that's not the case, the problem is likely elsewhere.
Old 27 March 2020, 23:02   #5
XsamX1987

Brilliant will give it a go
Old 01 April 2020, 10:47   #6
XsamX1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Isopropanol, but be gentle. It should be obvious if there's dirt involved because rubbing your finger across the contacts on the PCB would leave dirt on your finger. If that's not the case, the problem is likely elsewhere.
Thanks for your help after Giving the contacts a good clean and the rubber Matt its much better