English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 25 December 2018, 13:43   #21
frank_b

I thought that using a PCL compatible driver on the Amiga (HP etc) and redirecting to a file, would give me something I could convert to PDF on a modern system. Nothing recognises the Amiga captured output though. I'm trying this on OS 3.5. The postscript driver just gurus on me. I've given up with that for now. Has anyone else managed to get this to work? It works flawlessly on some other retro systems. Had no luck on the Amiga.
Old 25 December 2018, 17:15   #22
JC26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptyerman View Post
NetPrinter should work with Windows and Linux connected printers but I have had no need to try this, (my laser printer is a network printer with its own print server and plugs straight into the router). You just set NetPrinter up to print to a static IP address and it sends all print jobs to that network address. If Windows or Linux is set up as a print server, it should spool it to a connected printer. Likewise for a router connected printer I should imagine.
NetPrinter is a very versatile program that can be configured with numerable options, just make sure you read the included docs about the options that interest you.
I've tried NetPrinter, and unless I'm wrong, it doesn't work very well (or at all) with OS 3.1, does it?
Old 24 June 2020, 15:14   #23
Solid Snake
Wonderful World Of Amiga

Hi all. BITD, I had a Canon BJ printer hooked to my A1200 via a parallel lead.
I am curious and want to know what options (if any?) are available today. All I want is to be able to print in B&W. Is it possible to use some kind of interface (parallel to USB) to allow you to use modern printers?