English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 11 September 2018, 09:00   #1
Epo
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

New game - poll

Please be kind to vote and discuss here

Poll can be found here

What's the point of such poll? People express their wishes here and there but I've never seen a single topic gathered them all. So I'm curious, and I bet many of you as well, what nowadays players would like to play on their Amigas? Share your thoughts.
Old 12 September 2018, 21:56   #2
Epo

The poll didn't get as much votes as I thought it would but still it shows very interesting player preferences:
#1. Isometric 2D cRPG - 16%
#2. Platformer - 16%
#3. Strategy - 15% (dropped a bit against platformer)
#4. Space shooter - 12%

But basically all the genres got votes which means there are still all type of players on Amigas.
As to the types, a platformer and a shooter are the easiest ones to make (not saying easy) in comparison to an isometric cRPG and a strategy. The last two requiere a lot of skills and a good team to execute, not to mention: time. Well, maybe someone... some day...

Last edited by Epo; 17 September 2018 at 13:21. Reason: Updated results
Old 17 September 2018, 13:19   #3
Epo

In case someone missed the thread and would like to take a vote it'd be great (see the post #1)
Old 17 September 2018, 14:09   #4
d4rk3lf

I am trying to vote and clicking, but nothing seems to happen. I tried it on both Opera and FF browser.

Anyway, you could implement one more genre, and that is "beat em up". I know there's a fighting game genre (Mortal Kombat, and Street Fighter alike...), but beat em up is something different (Cadillacs, Golden Axe, Punisher, Final Fight...).

I've tried to place my vote for 2D isometric's rpg, because I think that's pretty much lacking on the Amiga.
Shooters, Racing games, Platformers, adventures, even pseudo 3D rpg's... there are many... and many great...

I'd rather like to see some beat em up, or isometric rpg... or some turn based strategy like Master of Orion, and Master of Magic... or... something like Disciples 2, or Heroes 3.

Cheers.

Last edited by d4rk3lf; 17 September 2018 at 16:27.
Old 17 September 2018, 16:23   #5
zardoz
Zone Friend

Same, nothing seems to happen in Chrome (Win 10).

Good strategy game?
Old 17 September 2018, 17:35   #6
Epo

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf View Post
I am trying to vote and clicking, but nothing seems to happen. I tried it on both Opera and FF browser.
Guys, you click on images? You should click on names (type of the game). If you move the mouse over it, it will change to the hand icon - then by clicking you'll see a check mark on the left side of the image group. Next step is to click the 'Vote' button.

Quote:
Anyway, you could implement one more genre, and that is "beat em up". I know there's a fighting game genre (Mortal Kombat, and Street Fighter alike...), but beat em up is something different (Cadillacs, Golden Axe, Punisher, Final Fight...).
I was wondering if I've missed something. Well, I hope existing genres are good enough. After all it's only to have a general idea in gamers preferences.

Quote:
I've tried to place my vote for 2D isometric's rpg, because I think that's pretty much lacking on the Amiga.
Shooters, Racing games, Platformers, adventures, even pseudo 3D rpg's... there are many... and many great...

I'd rather like to see some beat em up, or isometric rpg... or some turn based strategy like Master of Orion, and Master of Magic... or... something like Disciples 2, or Heroes 3.

Cheers.
I'd like to see a very good cRPG too. Amiga had only a few of them in general and not many of them were good. As to the isometric cRPG ones it looks even worse.
Old 17 September 2018, 17:50   #7
d4rk3lf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epo View Post
Guys, you click on images? You should click on names (type of the game). If you move the mouse over it, it will change to the hand icon - then by clicking you'll see a check mark on the left side of the image group. Next step is to click the 'Vote' button.
I did it now on my laptop.
In my desktop comp, didn't worked clicking on text. It was like I select, but the browser quickly deselect. Both on Opera and FF.
Nevermind now, though
-------------------

Yes, some rpg would be great
Baldurs Gate clone, or something... although, I can only imagine how very difficult that can be.
So, the other (easiest) option would be fast paced beat em up game with capcom style of arcade playing. Except from Golden Axe (that also have some issue), I don't know any single game that succeeded making a good arcade feel.

Platform games, on the other hand, many of them, have very arcade feel, and there are tons of great ones already. I really wander why would somebody vote for platformer? He already beats all of them?
Old 17 September 2018, 20:09   #8
Epo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zardoz View Post
Good strategy game?
I would remove the question mark . Yes, a good strategy similar to C&C or Z! I'd love to see and play them on Amiga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf View Post
I did it now on my laptop.
I'm glad it worked.

Quote:
Yes, some rpg would be great
Baldurs Gate clone, or something... although, I can only imagine how very difficult that can be.
Indeed. A cRPG is a huge challenge; work of a team with experience (many newbies aimed high with enthusiasm but fallen from the sky ).

Quote:
So, the other (easiest) option would be fast paced beat em up game with capcom style of arcade playing. Except from Golden Axe (that also have some issue), I don't know any single game that succeeded making a good arcade feel.
Personally I was never into beat'em up but I respect any choice.

Quote:
Platform games, on the other hand, many of them, have very arcade feel, and there are tons of great ones already. I really wander why would somebody vote for platformer? He already beats all of them?
Well, the poll and many comments on forums show that people are still in love with this genre. No wonder because Amiga's hardware is made for this kind of games.
Old 17 September 2018, 20:29   #9
aszu

Kingdom for a new Beholder!
Old 17 September 2018, 20:41   #10
daxb

Here NoScript blocks easypolls.net what results in no vote. Sorry.
Old 17 September 2018, 21:19   #11
utri007
mä vaan

There is no SPORT games selection? Those are always popular, even if not win votes

What would be target?

If it is something like 680(30)40 - >

There is only four car games
Zero sport games
Old 17 September 2018, 21:45   #12
Epo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aszu View Post
Kingdom for a new Beholder!
EotB I & II were fantastic. Since there is EoB III and can be played on an emulator and has not very favorable comments it would have to be something new, a fresh one

@daxb I don't understand what you mean. The poll doesn't block anything. If you mean it's your browser then what a problem disabling for one page? I do it constantly with the pages I'm interested in. I bet you can do it

@utri007 Sorry, didn't even think about sports games and I disagree that they are popular. Only a few people play them and that's not just my opinion so investing time in such genre would be pointless (unless the creator(s) liked this kind).
Regarding the configuration target. Well, that of course would depend. A platformer would run on at least A500 with 1MB but a good cRPG or a strategy should require something stronger. I would be disappointed if someone created such game for 1MB RAM - what a waste of available resources that'd be!
Old 17 September 2018, 22:31   #13
haynor666
retro maniac

Co-op shooter like Alien Breed.
Old 17 September 2018, 22:40   #14
eXeler0

I was looking for "sports game" category, (Kick Off2, Sensi etc..) but since there wasn't one...
Old 17 September 2018, 23:04   #15
Epo

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXeler0 View Post
I was looking for "sports game" category, (Kick Off2, Sensi etc..) but since there wasn't one...
Sorry guys for lack of sport category. Even if you are in a very small group I admit you should have it. But if you may vote for your second choice I'll be grateful if you do
Old 17 April 2019, 13:44   #16
MickGyver

What kind of new game would you like to see on the Amiga?

So, like the title says: What kind of new game would you like to see on the Amiga?

I'm interested in setting and genre (like sci-fi/JRPG) etc. Cheers!
Old 17 April 2019, 14:05   #17
DamienD
Banned

Very similar thread here (with external poll) so will merge shortly...
Old 17 April 2019, 14:27   #18
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Very similar thread here (with external poll) so will merge shortly...
Sorry, I was suspecting that. Just delete this thread or whatever!
Old 18 April 2019, 10:11   #19
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I'd be mighty interested to see how far someone could get making a Terraria-like game for the Amiga.