English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 09 October 2001, 00:52   #1
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Green Beret. Amiga conversion exist?

Ok guys..here is a toughie, at least for my Atari St owning ass.
Was the great game by Konami, Green Beret (Rush 'n' Attack hee in the USA) ever ported to the Amiga?
I hope it was....
Old 09 October 2001, 00:58   #2
Amigaboy

I hope it was too

Fantastic playability this game (and the music was great too!)

Old 09 October 2001, 01:01   #3
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Dude, this was THE game of my early teen years. On the way home from the beach in the summer, heading up to the arcade on the boardwalk with my pals, and playing this great game for hours. I remember how happy I was when the NES version made it to the States, It was nowhere near as good as the arcade version, but hell, I was happy
Old 09 October 2001, 01:03   #4
Amigaboy

I've never played the arcade version (I should get around to it sometime), but the C64 version is my baby. I love this game!

Old 09 October 2001, 01:07   #5
Ian
Global Moderator

This G?Y is after the Amiga version, so it's a good bet it's out there somewhere

And whats this "Rush and Attack"? is it a sequel or something??
Old 09 October 2001, 01:11   #6
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Hmmm..some of the games on her requet list are also on Cody's...methinks all the games on his list, meaning green beret...are vapourware
Rush 'n' Attack was Green Beret renamed, for us commie bashing Yanks
Old 09 October 2001, 01:18   #7
Amigaboy

hmmm. Why does that person sound like an AEN Boardgoer?

I requested "Law Of The West" and "Green beret" once on AEN (or at least mentioned Green Beret) and I'm pretty sure I talked about Day of The Tentacle there too

Old 09 October 2001, 01:38   #8
Frog

Martin Galway Mix

if you like Green Beret's music, you should try to listen to the conversion done by one of the legendary amiga tracking musician : Jogeir Liljedhal. Xm track is called Martin Galway.

If you can't find it, just yell and i'll upload it with pleasure
Old 09 October 2001, 02:27   #9
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I have seen adverts suggesting an Amiga version, but have yet to actually see the game. It's extremely high on my wants/MIA list (if it exists). I need to dig up the arcade r*m for it, as well, I played the NES version quite heavily (as Rush 'n Attack) and I cannot express what great memories the game has for me. I even have the original boxed C-64 version.
Old 09 October 2001, 03:42   #10
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

NES Rush 'n' Attack was an addiction for me as well, Twist. No doubt, this is one of the greatest games of the genre ever made.
Pure pleasure, on any platform. But damn an Amiga version would have been fantastic. A note...I remember looking at Brit Atari St magazines at a freind's house in the early 90's looking for an advert for it. Never could find an Atari St version either.
Old 09 October 2001, 06:00   #11
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I think I have an ad indicating both ST and Amiga versions. Might be worth some investigation....
Old 09 October 2001, 14:46   #12
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Hooooo

Quote:
but the C64 version is my baby.
REALLY? This game, especially the C64 port, is so bloody haaaaard stuff ... don't play without trainer unless you have the guts to call yourself 'THA WIZARD'.
Maybe you are - if I'm forced to "give up" playing a game the regular way, you can be sure it's really DAMN hard.
Old 09 October 2001, 15:28   #13
Amigaboy

Yes. It's really hard. I think I've made it to the last level without cheating, but that's about it

Once I decided to cheat to see the ending, but that's the only time (btw - I hate cheating. I rarely do it. Only in extreme circumstances)

Old 09 October 2001, 16:23   #14
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Andreas, no doubt the arcade version was tough as hell too. I remember beating up the little kids for their quarters.....umm...forget I said that.
Twist, I am on a mini mission to do so..find a 16 bit version of this game, regardless of platform. It is easily well worth the time and effort. Anyone else besides Twist and myself, pitch in a bit of free time
Old 10 October 2001, 05:35   #15
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Huhuh, I've finished the arcade game, playing in mame single-credited

I don't know, it seems like Konami did some shit on amiga. We were discussing about games that didn't appear on Amiga, and someone said about Skate or Die, considering that Ski or Die was released.

Now we have Green Beret, and Fred says he even saw an advert for it, although no one never saw the game.

Akira once showed me an advert for Metal Gear for Amiga, and that's other one no one ever saw.

It seems like a few Konami's games got canned...
Old 10 October 2001, 08:03   #16
RetroMan

Yep, it´s a real shame Konami made great games, but couldn´t they finished some Amiga games as well ? Anyway, as we speak of C64/Amiga conversions, someone happen to know, if INFILTRATOR was ported ??? I loved that game
Old 12 October 2001, 06:31   #17
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

I believe the guys responsable for the Konami's Amiga games were Ultra Games (and I believe they now become Konami of America), and they sucked A LOT. They did much shit for NES, they screwed up Green Beret for NES (Not as much as Konami did for MSX), they REALLY screwed up Metal Gear in every other system than MSX. if someone could make Metal Gear a bad game, Ultra Games were the guys for the service (they even made a sequel of their own for NES, called Snake's Revenge, and of course, it sucks)...

I think this explains why those Konami games were canned (Because Ultra Games sucked)

If this thing about Ultra Games became Konami of America is true, that would explain why Konami of America is crap too (They also made a very average version of Metal Gear for the Gameboy)

I bet Hideo Kojima didn't see those American versions of Metal Gear, because it seems like he loves A LOT his games, and he would have a heart attack seem those shits made by Ultra Games
Old 12 October 2001, 10:06   #18
RetroMan

I just read an interview with the coders of Project IGI on PeCe and they said, they have been inspired by Green Beret and Infiltrator on the C64 Ah well, I´ll stick to the originals
Old 12 October 2001, 17:22   #19
Tim Janssen

Big grin Fireforce comes close

The only game that comes close to Green Beret is ICE's awful Fire Force. It features some side-scrolling, killling and graphics that match Green Beret on the C64. I still have a crack of this game on my original Amiga only because my little brother likes it a lot. -He has really no taste..
Old 12 October 2001, 17:24   #20
Amigaboy

I liked Fire Force