Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 16 February 2011, 10:02   #41
Christian
Zone Friend

Holy crap! Just what I've been looking for. Nice one
Old 17 February 2011, 20:24   #42
pubzombie

Hi guys,
so in laymans terms - can now use whdload in my old unexpanded miggy1200?
cheers
pz
Old 18 February 2011, 10:40   #43
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

You can use WHDLoad even without AG-Launch on your unexpanded A1200. Not all games will work as they require some amount of non chip memory.
Old 27 February 2011, 15:49   #44
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Hiyas PubbyZ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pubzombie View Post
Hi guys,
so in laymans terms - can now use whdload in my old unexpanded miggy1200?
cheers
pz

wow, tis been a while since seeing you about here, hope your doing well =)

Anyway, while you can use WHDLoad on a basic A1200, you will struggle to access games and even a list of games due to only having 2MB of chip RAM.

For instance, if you had a full install of WHDLoad games from KillerGorilla's WHDLoad Pack's then if you wanted to load a game begining with S (lets say SuperCars 2) - you would have to navigate to the S directory and then wait for all the icons to load before you can choose which game...

once it had done this you would have less that 1.3MB of RAM left - which is not enough to load the game via WHDLoad.

if you tried to load a current listing program instead - it would use too much ram again - what AGLaunch does is provide a low-memory useage game listing for WHDLoad packs that are categorized the same as ClassicWorkbench.

you can download AGLaunch 0.7c here it has install instructions on how to use and set it up.

Should you be using Classic Workbench then this is a drop in update - again with update entries and scripts - the install.doc explains all =)
Old 04 June 2011, 23:19   #45
Gordon
Settler

Just discovered this and tried it. Its brilliant thank you. Perfect for the 020 users.
Old 04 June 2011, 23:42   #46
Experiment T

Thank you for me this is a godsend. i spent hours making folders to organise games into the following categories: OCS-ECS, AGA, CDTV, CD32, Demo and Magazine and inside each one having an A-Z folder for each game/demo/ magazine and i got a hard drive failure after finishing it. now i don't have to do it all again and get another memory upgrade.
Old 07 June 2011, 18:35   #47
narud17

Hi I can'tdownload this as it says blocked by smart screen filter. Whats wrong??????
Old 07 June 2011, 19:50   #48
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by narud17 View Post
Hi I can'tdownload this as it says blocked by smart screen filter. Whats wrong??????
Download is working fine here, I'll zone it for you to see if that helps (maybe not if its blocking the file and not URL). In the mean time I suggest 'google' to find out what software or AV you have thats blocking your downloads.

Steve.
Old 07 June 2011, 23:57   #49
paulo_becas

Hi Zetro, this is a great job you've here, congratulations.
Just one question, with AG-Launch i can run whdload games without fast ram?
Old 08 June 2011, 09:25   #50
Gordon
Settler

No gaurentees but if you are tight on ram and you follow the intructions in the first post, you will find games that didnt load on a normal startup, can, if you start it up from shell. The main benfit for me is actually when you are in WB, you can find a game instantly instead of waiting for igame to load or browsing your folders.
Old 08 June 2011, 19:12   #51
narud17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
Download is working fine here, I'll zone it for you to see if that helps (maybe not if its blocking the file and not URL). In the mean time I suggest 'google' to find out what software or AV you have thats blocking your downloads.

Steve.
Cheers mate that worked fine. Time to play.
Old 08 June 2011, 19:26   #52
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by narud17 View Post
Cheers mate that worked fine. Time to play.
Glad I could help
Old 26 July 2011, 01:07   #53
fgh

Any news on this one?

Would be great to have the demo packs set up as well..
Edit: And perhaps an OCS/ECS version.

Last edited by fgh; 26 July 2011 at 21:29.
Old 02 August 2011, 14:27   #54
fgh

Just spent one and a half hour trying to make sense of regular expressions again, to remove entries with De/Fr/It/Es/Pl/Cz for my a1200 and AGA/CD32 for my a600, but I gave up

A game scanner would be excellent, but if that will not happen, having different game sets would rock:
1: All games
2: ECS/OCS games
3: English games
4: English ECS/OCS games

And what about an update for the new WHD pack by Retroplay?
Old 07 August 2011, 20:27   #55
amigatv

´Can i get some help here
on stock 1200 Cf card 4gb inside ClassicWb lite i have at start with Classic Wb about 1.3 MB RAM is that ok?
1 When i boot with left mouse button and start Aglaunch from meny
get same result like
i try to start game from Workbench no exp mem

2 If i want to start fron CLI and ,my path is
DHO:System/Aglaunch/s/Aglaunch-startup what should be command?
execute Aglaunch-startup ?

Trying to impress my younger son how good was Amiga games (older allready know he was playing at age 2) Sorry for noob question

Last edited by amigatv; 07 August 2011 at 21:54.
Old 01 May 2012, 15:38   #56
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
Hiyas PubbyZ!

Anyway, while you can use WHDLoad on a basic A1200, you will struggle to access games and even a list of games due to only having 2MB of chip RAM.

For instance, if you had a full install of WHDLoad games from KillerGorilla's WHDLoad Pack's then if you wanted to load a game begining with S (lets say SuperCars 2) - you would have to navigate to the S directory and then wait for all the icons to load before you can choose which game...

once it had done this you would have less that 1.3MB of RAM left - which is not enough to load the game via WHDLoad.

if you tried to load a current listing program instead - it would use too much ram again - what AGLaunch does is provide a low-memory useage game listing for WHDLoad packs that are categorized the same as ClassicWorkbench.

you can download AGLaunch 0.7c here it has install instructions on how to use and set it up.

Should you be using Classic Workbench then this is a drop in update - again with update entries and scripts - the install.doc explains all =)
Thanks Zetr0 I use it in Classic WB,Do I need to update it at all,do you know what version is in Classic WB..?

I works brill in my A1200 with 2mb only with Mulitboot,it boots every game i have on my HD..

I can't boot a game from workbench,not enough memory..

Sorry I know this is a bit off topic but can I install Amiga OS 3.9 on a A1200 with 2mb..??

Oh and would it be ok to add this to my website CBM Borg Emulation,it will have its own web page then..

How do you update it on Classic WB and will this be able to scan what games you have on your HD yet..?

Here is a name for it... "Amiga WHDLauncher" what you think..?

Last edited by spannernick; 01 May 2012 at 17:09.
Old 02 May 2012, 11:34   #57
pintcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by spannernick View Post
Sorry I know this is a bit off topic but can I install Amiga OS 3.9 on a A1200 with 2mb..??
You probably could, but you shouldn't. You'd have to reduce resolution and colors and even then OS3.9 will eat most of your RAM so there's barely enough left to work with.
Old 02 May 2012, 18:20   #58
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
Hiyas PubbyZ!

Hi I have a problem,I updated the version on Classic WB by coping over it but now it don't work in the Mulitboot on there..

Last edited by spannernick; 02 May 2012 at 19:30.
Old 03 May 2012, 21:37   #59
CFou!

Exclamation

for information there are similar but different amigaguide solution to search and launch pre-installed whdload's games and demos:

Indeed, i had longtimes ago done amigaguide files to search and launch installed whdload's game on HD
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=19691

or

here last links:
http://aminet.net/package/util/wb/whdautolaunch
http://aminet.net/package/text/hyper/searchguidecf
see avi video for démonstration in attachement in rar archive...

I use this tools and amigaguide file since many years to search or/and launch my whdload's games using amigaguide file

Look video and you understand that it's simple

Indeed amigafile is already created, you have just to install this 2 tools on hard drive and modify folder parameters in file 'env-archive:WhdAutolaunch.prefs'.

But installed whdload's games must be placed in folder like:
A/
Ad/
Al/
B/
Bo/

And, games name's folder must use the protocol of whdload's package names.
By example for 'AlienBreed3D.lha' installer package, game must be installed in:
A/AlienBreed3D
or
Al/AlienBreed3D

So game folder will be automatically seeked in/
A/
Ab/
Ac/
Ad/
Ae/

if game is found when you click on game name in amigaguide file, game will be automatically launched or the game's folder opened or a choice menu will be appeared according your parameters set in 'Env-archive/WHDAutoLaunch.prefs' file.
(see doc for more explain)

regards,
Attached Files
File Type: rar WHDAutoLaunch-demo-video.rar (1.70 MB, 180 views)

Last edited by CFou!; 03 May 2012 at 23:26.
Old 03 May 2012, 22:12   #60
CFou!

ps:
I'll test Zetr0's tool when i will receide my new indivision 1200 mk2

Last edited by CFou!; 03 May 2012 at 23:24.