English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 07 April 2003, 08:04   #1
Pyromania

Amiga game on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=4598

I have never even heard of this Amiga game, anyone play it? It is not in HOL.
Old 07 April 2003, 08:36   #2
jmmijo

Talk about cashing in on the times, sheesh
Old 07 April 2003, 08:46   #3
th4t1guy

That reminds me of the SEUCK game my brother made during the gulf war where you kill an evil robot Saddam Hussein that shoots missles, only....this doesn't seem to be SEUCK.
Old 07 April 2003, 08:48   #4
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Sure it is in HOL.

http://hol.abime.net/?id=4213
Old 07 April 2003, 08:50   #5
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by th4t1guy
That reminds me of the SEUCK game my brother made during the gulf war where you kill an evil robot Saddam Hussein that shoots missles, only....this doesn't seem to be SEUCK.
Your brother made that one? I have it somewhere with all my old PD stuff. I don't recall it being very good, though (as is the case with most SEUCK games). I should start dusting off my old disks so that one can be TOSEC'd.
Old 07 April 2003, 09:16   #6
th4t1guy

I don't recall if he ever sent it to PD or aminet, but we used to have a blast making SEUCK games. I think the Saddam one was called Iraq Attack.
Old 07 April 2003, 11:55   #7
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I can't remember the name of the one I am thinking of at the moment, I only remember the tan-colored desert backgrounds and the usual trappings found in SEUCK games. I think I probably downloaded it from Codename Lorraine BBS, which was a haven for Amiga PD stuff.

Later:
Well, I fired up my Amiga and started hunting through my filelists which would indicate the game I am thinking of. I found listings for these like-themed SEUCK games (none of which I believe is in circulation on the net): Desert Shield, Middle East Madness, Operation Desert Storm, and Robocop Goes To Iraq. So I still don't know which game I was thinking of. Is one of these the game your brother made? If not, any way of finding it? Or any other obscure SEUCK game you guys might have banged up. Preservation and all that...
Old 07 April 2003, 20:33   #8
th4t1guy

I'll dig around for the floppies and zone the adf's. Don't expect too much, cause like you said, it's SEUCK. Making the games was probably more fun than playing them. :P

I'll post a reply to this thread when I get them done.
Old 08 April 2003, 00:44   #9
Djay
breakpointUK.com

Send a message via MSN to Djay
didn't we all have a discussion about this game ages ago?

i can't remember why thou, maybe something like "was this game made back in the day or nowadays"...
???
Old 08 April 2003, 11:50   #10
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by th4t1guy
I'll dig around for the floppies and zone the adf's. Don't expect too much, cause like you said, it's SEUCK. Making the games was probably more fun than playing them. :P

I'll post a reply to this thread when I get them done.
Thanks, dude. That would be great. It's weird, I have more fun collecting SEUCK games than actually playing them. When they are good, they're pretty damn cool, but usually they're cack. I think people have a great name and game idea, but not enough staying power to sustain a whole game, so most of them look uncompleted (because they are) or are like those FEZ games that have such ridiculous difficulty curve that nobody could possibly have fun losing all three lives in 30 seconds. Amiga + magazine had that contest that produced a pretty cool game, Finney, but they never let loose of any of the other entries, despite them waxing on about them in the mag.
Quote:
Originally posted by Djay
didn't we all have a discussion about this game ages ago?

i can't remember why thou, maybe something like "was this game made back in the day or nowadays"...
???
Mmm...I think we did have a thread about TSHG before, as well. As I remember, this guy on ebay is selling 2 or 3 copies of the game - someone on here should buy it so that we can have it preserved. I don't know of a copy in circulation. I have a review for it in an old issue of .info somewhere, so it was definitely released back in the day.
Old 09 April 2003, 03:52   #11
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

The guy on Ebay owns the copyright to the game apparently. He sold the last two boxed copies a couple of weeks back for $10+ each IIRC. Now he's just selling the disk images on Ebay as I understand it.
Old 09 April 2003, 12:29   #12
Bernd

Quote:
The guy on Ebay owns the copyright to the game apparently. He sold the last two boxed copies a couple of weeks back for $10+ each IIRC. Now he's just selling the disk images on Ebay as I understand it.
Exactly... I guess he sent me the last two original copies which I used for creating the ADF which he is now selling on Ebay. Of course I got it for free as I created that ADF for him...
The game is not written in SEUCK. It's in C (at least parts) and plays like old 8 Bit games. It is a bit similar to "Top Hat Willy". Quite fun to play and not too difficult...

As this game is still sold I will not upload it...
Old 09 April 2003, 15:01   #13
oldpx

Content deleted - this is not a political forum or thread.