English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 04 March 2015, 23:37   #41
Higgy

Backed the day it got the email from them.
Can't get enough AMIGA
Old 06 March 2015, 17:54   #42
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trydowave View Post
This seems strange to me. A doc about ALL the 8bit computers in the UK at the time with mentions of the 16bit era followed by another doc all about one 16bit computer, the Amiga?
Not complaining but why? It would make sense if they just covered all the 16bits more thoroughly in bedrooms to billions.

Haven't seen it but I hear they skimp over the Amiga and ST.
They did skimp on the Amiga stuff for the original project and this is partly why they are doing this new one. The aim of the first movie was to chart the rise of the machines - the Z80 and MOS 6502 chips - and to talk about the pioneers at the dawn of that brave new world. The Amiga was covered in about 10mins, and given this was perhaps THE most complained about feature of FB2B, it makes sense to give fans what they want and thats a full movie about the Amiga. If this was all in the first movie, the first movie would be 4 hours long, and may resemble what The Drisk has already done as far as charting the basics, but as a dedicated movie, this can do so much more.

[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]

etc

Last edited by lifeschool; 06 March 2015 at 19:19.
Old 06 March 2015, 19:19   #43
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Shaun Southern is officially onboard!

I found out last night from Ant, and he mentioned a few other things I must keep under wraps. As you know, Shaun doesnt do many press interviews, and so bumping into an unbilled Andrew Morris last year was almost like meeting a God. I could barely string a sentence together for the 'interview', and I couldnt remember all the stuff I wanted to ask. So Shaun is something else.

Just an update,

889 backers
£34,906 pledged of £50,000 goal
22 days to go

The LAST 15k is always tough to find, especially inside the first week.
Old 06 March 2015, 21:49   #44
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Stretch Goals Announced!

Newsletter 6 March

Quote:
Dear all,

Due to your incredible support our funding goal is insight after only 7 days! It is wonderful to know that so many people also share our vision in producing this film.

Thank you to all of you who have so generously supported us so far. We have therefore decided to announce some stretch goals so that you can all see our plan for where (should we exceed our initial target) we would use extra funds. The key for us is the production of more content, not just within the film itself but also in the creation of bonus content such as game makings of, extended interviews, and other individual features that add extra insight into the creation of the Amiga itself, specific games, soundtracks and further expansion into subjects such as the Demo scene, journalism and many more.

The extra content we produced for our previous film ‘From Bedrooms to Billions’ has proved very popular so the more funding we receive will only go into creating more content including licensing more archive footage and really expand on the material to make it the very best we can!

We have decided to keep things simple that any stretch goals we hit all backers benefit from, apart from a couple exclusive to the physical formats (DVD/Blu-ray) specific items like commentaries, photo galleries and the 12-page inlay booklet, but in all other cases everyone gets the same. Our core desire is we would rather make you as much content as you want to see, there it is only going to be one version of this project, so if you want us to ultimately make 5 hours’ worth of high quality, professionally produced content then please help us use these last remaining days to make that happen as our aim is to make a memorable and lasting feature film on the Amiga.

We've thought long and hard about the other items in the stretch goals and decided to think like collectors, what would we want? Therefore we decided to again keep it simple, unique but also high quality. The bouncing ball badge won’t be cheap plastic, but high quality, high shine metal, with a proper metal pin. The 4 x postcards will be high quality glossy A6 containing the original Amiga Years! concept art by Oliver Frey as well as the finished piece of art.

And finally what can we say about the Floppy Disc Beer Mat? Rare and double sided (of course). Well we call it a beer mat but it’s perfect for any types of liquid based drinking products as well of course water. We could employ an 1980’s style model to produce a photo of how to put a drink down on it but we have a feeling you get the point! The truth is it is something we want on our desk, same as the thinking behind the metal bouncing ball badge and post cards.

However ultimately, if funded we want to get on and make as much content as we can to the same quality as our previous backers would expect.

Please help us tell as many people about The Amiga Years! campaign and help us to make the most memorable, in-depth and lasting production we possibly can!

The key point to get across are elements such as the specially designed Oliver Frey cover will never be available again, as well as all the other backer only items we have available.

Please share the campaign's link whenever you can;

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...he-amiga-years

Please help us raise as much as possible during this one single campaign and allow us to move forward from the start with the best budget possible to produce the very best film we can.

Thank you so much again for all your support and please take a look below at the stretch goals we have devised. Also on the main Campaign site you can see examples of the Oliver Frey DVD and Blu-ray cases and also the fantastic unique slip case!

Best wishes!

Ant & Nic

Last edited by lifeschool; 07 March 2015 at 17:26.
Old 07 March 2015, 17:54   #45
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Latest update, and this is perhaps close to the end of the first week.

980 backers
£37,896 pledged of £50,000 goal
£12,104 to go to first goal.
21 days to go

I dont think there is any doubt this will be funded.

Viva Amiga got $29,656 for their movie, this movie has already gone way beyond this.

If they keep getting funded at the current rate, e.g. 38k per week, thats 152,000k in four weeks, and they are only asking £115k for a 5 hour movie!
Old 09 March 2015, 19:01   #46
lifeschool
Local Moderator

We passed the first Sunday last night, and went over the 1000 backers!

Well done everyone.

Where will be three more Sundays, the last being the final day.

1,097 backers
£41,458 pledged of £50,000 goal
8.5k to first goal
19 days to go
Old 09 March 2015, 20:43   #47
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
GBP 10 from my pocket supported.
Old 11 March 2015, 15:21   #48
lifeschool
Local Moderator

GREAT NEWS!

Newsletter 11th March 2015
Quote:
Hi everyone,

We're staggered that we're almost funded before reaching the halfway point of the campaign. Thank you to every backer for showing such support. As we explained in the last update we announced the stretch goals because making more content would be fantastic, as it is better to fill the disc(s) with as much content as possible especially as we'll be capturing so much extra material while we film.

Being nearly funded before reaching the halfway point means we have a realistic chance of getting enough funding to make so much more content.

You have also taken the time to make some great suggestions to us for further perks, so we are pleased to announce 3 of them!

MAGNETIC FIELDS SIGNED BUNDLE!!

First off is the Magnetic Fields signed Amiga 500 bundle, a boxed fully working Amiga, games and posters all signed by Magnetic Fields founders Shaun Southern and Andrew Morris. Only 5 available of what is a highly rare and exclusive collection featuring one of the key Amiga developers so click the kickstarter link below to read more!

MEET AMIGA HEROES!

In addition several of you have written to suggest that after our highly successful premiere of From Bedrooms to Billions in London last year to do something similar for the Amiga Years! Therefore we have tickets for you and a partner available for the London Premiere of the film (which includes the VIP bar prior and after the screening), but also a limited number of tickets available for the Premiere Dinner where we intend for at least 3 members of the film's cast to be present and sitting at the same table. Please so click the kickstarter link below to read more!

Your feedback has been excellent and we are trying our best to make this a fun and open campaign so please feel to suggest more ideas either here or just email us at b2b@graciousfilms.com

We hope you like these 3 new perks and thank you all for getting us so near the target in such a short time, the closer we get the more we are starting to believe this film is going to happen; and we intend to do the most thorough, complete and importantly enjoyable campaign we possibly can!

We really need you to share this campaign and spread the word wherever you can as it really does make that difference. We only have 18 days to go so please share this link and tell anyone who may be an Amiga fan that this film needs their support;

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...he-amiga-years

Best wishes,

Ant & Nic
1,180 backers
£45,121 pledged of £50,000 goal
17.5 days to go.
Old 11 March 2015, 18:47   #49
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

IT'S FUNDED!!!

Currently stands at £50,167. Can't wait till it's finished! Now let's hope for those stretch goals!
Old 12 March 2015, 18:01   #50
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Newsletter 12 March

Quote:
Hi everyone,

A big thank you is in order for all of you tonight because we smashed through the £50k mark in less than 13 days and have reached our initial funding target. Thanks to your belief and support we have a realistic chance of hitting the stretch goals!

We are going to use these last 17 days to go for those stretch goals to create more content and let's be honest we all want to get one of those beer mat floppies!

We know there's more than 1,000 Amiga fans out there we just have to find them and tell them about what we're all trying to achieve here. So please share the Kickstarter link to at least one other person, tell anyone you think maybe a fan of the Amiga because there is so much we can do if we can open up for more content. If each backer brought just one new backer in each (doubling our backer numbers) then Nic and I will be filling two discs for you (or 5 hours if you're a digital backer)

Link as always to share is; http://t.co/kMrIEiiMU2

Bitmap Bonanza!

Also we have the pleasure in announcing a Bitmap Brothers Signed Amiga Bundle! This is Bitmap Co-founder Mike Montgomery and legendary artist Dan Malone signing a boxed and working Amiga 500 plus copies of Speedball II, Chaos Engine and glossy A2 Posters. Very highly sought after collectible items there and our thanks to those guys for offering to help. Having spoken to them both only recently they are really pleased this film is now going to get made.

Thank you all for believing and backing, we are going to try and come up with more items and bits and pieces along the way. We like running open and fun campaigns (otherwise what's the point) so keep the suggestions and comments coming. However for tonight please give yourselves a firm pat on the back for getting this film funded. For Nicola and I we now know for certain it's 'Game On!'

Best wishes,

Ant & Nic
Moderators note, since this newsletter was launched this morning, all the Bitmaps Bundles have now GONE! So this post is a bit redundant. But its great they are moving towards the first stretch goal.

1,214 backers
£52,197 pledged of £65,000 first large stretch goal
16 days to go
Old 13 March 2015, 09:08   #51
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

The stretch goals should have been the extra footage first and foremost, then all the novelty postcards/beermat junk.
Old 13 March 2015, 10:11   #52
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Totally agree.
Old 13 March 2015, 22:11   #53
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Absolutely, I would love to see this as at least 3 hours length but its difficult to tell if it will reach this goal.
Old 14 March 2015, 05:45   #54
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

I'd most likely back it if it reached the 4 or 5 hour mark, but I'd be really annoyed to have backed this early and find it ended at about the 79,000 mark and knowing they're sitting on 30 odd hours of footage available and then release a 2 hour version while getting some useless postcards and a metal badge. Just madness.

Is this project primarily an Amiga documentary or is a big chunk of it a pile of junk from the $2 shop?
Old 14 March 2015, 10:32   #55
Paul_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
I'd most likely back it if it reached the 4 or 5 hour mark, but I'd be really annoyed to have backed this early and find it ended at about the 79,000 mark and knowing they're sitting on 30 odd hours of footage available and then release a 2 hour version while getting some useless postcards and a metal badge. Just madness.

Is this project primarily an Amiga documentary or is a big chunk of it a pile of junk from the $2 shop?
think I'll stick with Dave Haynie's Deathbed Vigil.

These deals with Amiga 500's/game boxes - are they new or used items (it doesn't say)?
Old 14 March 2015, 11:32   #56
Specksynder

Wow, this is really amazing...

Guess it's time for me to order the Blu-ray edition

PS. I hope they will add the eng subs, my english is a crap
Old 14 March 2015, 15:28   #57
lifeschool
Local Moderator

We have 14 days behind us and 14 days to go, thats a final two weeks to make this a big success. Its looking great so far.

Perks and Bundles Update
There is 1 Magnetic Fields Bundle left at the time I write this. Of the 7 new Bitmap Brothers Amiga bundles layed on (after the original 5 sold out in hours), there is only 2 of those left. So if you always wanted one, this is the final call.

Nobody has yet sighed up for the 5 once-in-a-lifetime places at the table of Amiga Legends at the VIP exclusive dinner. Imagine hours of eating and drinking and talking about Amigas with Amiga Legends? Who can pack so many gods into one room and wine and dine them, and expect guests to join the fun? This opportunity is unlikely to ever happen again.

1,305 backers
£55,484 pledged of £50,000 goal
£9,516 to first large stretch goal.
Current running time: 1.5 hours.
14 days to go
Old 14 March 2015, 15:37   #58
lifeschool
Local Moderator

@comments - I would guess the Amiga Bundles are 'As New' even if they were pre-owned, they come in the box. It would be impossible to find a sealed boxed un-opened A500 machine from back in the day without it being a collectors item inside a security sealed cage somewhere. I dont think they found 15 brand new sealed production line Amiga A500s for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
The Amiga disk beer matts are actually high quality, and durable, and should be worth the perk. But the real perk, which nobody had mentioned, are the boing ball pin badges. I know places have tried to sell these before and been shut down because the logo is copyright, and the owners make all their money from sueing. These badges arent cheap tin tack-ons made from milk bottle tops. They are heavy duty steel, and will not wash away in the washing machine. They are unavailable to buy anywhere, and are only availabale here as a free gift; where no money changes hands for their direct value, and no money is made on the copyright image. Yeah, its crap, and I have seen rip offs and stickers of boing balls all over the place, but secretly this is quite special.
Old 15 March 2015, 16:34   #59
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Worryingly, now the project is over the initial fund level, contribs have fallen off.

1,332 backers
£56,120 pledged of £65,000 stretch goal
13 days to go

Lets hope it makes the 2 hour mark at least.
Old 16 March 2015, 14:40   #60
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

They have been way to ambitious on this one with regard to the stretch goals. Codetapper is right, they should have made the extra material as the earlier goals rather than lame postcards and badges which no one is interested in. I really was hoping for 2 hours minimum for this project but now it looks like even that is unrealistic. I'm very disappointed.