English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 24 March 2006, 14:34   #1
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 45
Posts: 2,292
SPIDERMAN/ L'UOMO RAGNO translation needed

Hi Guys,

I need help to translate the 3 simulmondo's italian games in english and/or french.

The better way is an italian guy who translate it in english or french
I will can done the french translation.
(there are 1 file about 20 ko for each spiderman game)

Here HOL's links:
Spider man 1
Spider man 2
Spider man 3

I have linked to this thread the 3 files to translate.
Each sentence must be translated by a sentence with same or less length (the final file must have the same length).

If you are interested in this work. You need just tor answer to this thread and send to me (or to upload in TheZone) the 3 transated files.

Thanx in advance,

Bertrand/CFou

Last edited by CFOU!; 03 May 2012 at 22:08.
CFOU! is offline  
Old 24 March 2006, 19:42   #2
Ironclaw
Banned
Ironclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: ...
Age: 40
Posts: 3,313
Hope someone will translate this game for you, CFOU.

I tried these 3 games once and kept playing them even though I didn't understand a jack , it's cool playing Spiderman in this type of game.

Too bad there's quite a few Amiga games not avaiable in English. I have Erben Der Erde on CD32 and the text+speech is in german so I don't understand anything, well, I do understand a bit, but not that much that I would be able to complete it. I hope someone could translate the CD32 version of this game to English so that I can complete this game , the speech can remain in german of course, just need the text to be translated.

This game has well made graphics.



Maybe make a new section or a thread for translating games?
Ironclaw is offline  
Old 24 March 2006, 19:51   #3
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 45
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclaw
Hope someone will translate this game for you, CFOU.

I tried these 3 games once and kept playing them even though I didn't understand a jack , it's cool playing Spiderman in this type of game.

Maybe make a new section or a thread for translating games?
It's a great idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclaw
Too bad there's quite a few Amiga games not avaiable in English. I have Erben Der Erde on CD32 and the text+speech is in german so I don't understand anything, well, I do understand a bit, but not that much that I would be able to complete it. I hope someone could translate the CD32 version of this game to English so that I can complete this game , the speech can remain in german of course, just need the text to be translated.

This game has well made graphics.
I think also this game is a great and would need an english translation (and french of course ).
I have the same problem that you. My german knowledges are very very light...
CFOU! is offline  
Old 24 March 2006, 19:55   #4
sareks
Apprentice
sareks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Age: 38
Posts: 187
Arrow "Erben der Erde" in English

Hi there. I just took a look at google concerning
"Erben der Erde" - Die große Suche and found out
that the orig. Title is "Inherit the Earth: Quest for the Orb"
( by The Dreamers Guild)

The English Version is available at "New World Computing" as far as I know,
the German Version at "Softgold".

Hope that helps a bit

@CFOU!: My French is not that good. Do you know if there's any English or German
equivalent of "http://www.planetemu.net/" ? I've tried translating the pages but didn't get it too satisfactory.
sareks is offline  
Old 24 March 2006, 20:22   #5
Marcuz
Wurk???
Marcuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: .
Age: 42
Posts: 5,227
2 questions, do the lenghts of the sentences, to be keep alike the original ones, allow the use of spaces always? the not usual characters and formatting are preserved and still usable if the text is open and saved with windows notepad?
i can do part of the translation, but i'm tight on time, so not all of it, i can start with the second episode wich is the shortest
Marcuz is offline  
Old 24 March 2006, 20:35   #6
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 45
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco pedrana
2 questions, do the lenghts of the sentences, to be keep alike the original ones, allow the use of spaces always? the not usual characters and formatting are preserved and still usable if the text is open and saved with windows notepad?
i can do part of the translation, but i'm tight on time, so not all of it, i can start with the second episode wich is the shortest
Great!, thanx to your quick answer.

No problem if you do only the second episode is a beginning

The better way is to use and hex editor (to preserve some special symbols)

if translated text is more short you need to add some spaces ($20) to complet the sentence.
CFOU! is offline  
Old 24 March 2006, 20:41   #7
Iena
Zone Friend
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Italy
Age: 39
Posts: 30
I can do the first file , cfou can you extract the text of Italian Night 1999 of simulmondo ?
Iena is offline  
Old 24 March 2006, 20:52   #8
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 45
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iena
I can do the first file , cfou can you extract the text of Italian Night 1999 of simulmondo ?
Great!!

Who want translate the last file ?

For Italian Night 99? i look it this evening...
CFOU! is offline  
Old 24 March 2006, 21:21   #9
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 45
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFOU!
Great!!

Who want translate the last file ?

For Italian Night 99? i look it this evening...
Italian night 99 files are crunched

Have you the original or ipf's file?

i would can done whdoad's patch and extract texts for translation if it's possible..
CFOU! is offline  
Old 24 March 2006, 21:27   #10
Nyarlathotep
Zone Friend
Nyarlathotep's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Italy
Posts: 148
I will try to translate the third file.
Nyarlathotep is offline  
Old 24 March 2006, 21:33   #11
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 45
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep
I will try to translate the third file.
marvellous! you have very quickly all the 3 answered...

When I will have the result of your work I will done a whdload's patch and an adf multilangage version for each game (for uae users who don't love whdload)
CFOU! is offline  
Old 24 March 2006, 22:08   #12
jrom
Wannabe asm coder ;)

jrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 42
Posts: 448
Ow this is great... translating games... brilliant!
jrom is offline  
Old 24 March 2006, 23:19   #13
Nyarlathotep
Zone Friend
Nyarlathotep's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Italy
Posts: 148
Marco and Iena, I think we should compare our translations to give them the same style.
Nyarlathotep is offline  
Old 24 March 2006, 23:35   #14
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 45
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep
Marco and Iena, I think we should compare our translations to give them the same style.
good idea
CFOU! is offline  
Old 25 March 2006, 09:23   #15
Iena
Zone Friend
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Italy
Age: 39
Posts: 30
If we translate the files and after an english guy correct them ?
Iena is offline  
Old 25 March 2006, 10:16   #16
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 45
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iena
If we translate the files and after an english guy correct them ?
it's a good idea.

Who is interested ?
CFOU! is offline  
Old 25 March 2006, 11:59   #17
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 45
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFOU!
it's a good idea.

Who is interested ?
Can you suspend your work of translation for this afternoon?

Indeed I have just understood completely the structure of the files from language of Simulmondo.

I am working on a tool to ressource each file. Thus, it will be easier for you to translate and you will be able to change the size of each text in a text editor

I will try to finish it this evening
CFOU! is offline  
Old 25 March 2006, 13:22   #18
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 45
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFOU!
Can you suspend your work of translation for this afternoon?

Indeed I have just understood completely the structure of the files from language of Simulmondo.

I am working on a tool to ressource each file. Thus, it will be easier for you to translate and you will be able to change the size of each text in a text editor

I will try to finish it this evening
I will have soon finished. But I must go to practice Nihon Tai Jitsu

I will finish it after 17:00 PM
CFOU! is offline  
Old 25 March 2006, 17:14   #19
Marcuz
Wurk???
Marcuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: .
Age: 42
Posts: 5,227
i look fwd to it, and sure no problem on compare the translations
Marcuz is offline  
Old 25 March 2006, 22:46   #20
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 45
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFOU!
Can you suspend your work of translation for this afternoon?

Indeed I have just understood completely the structure of the files from language of Simulmondo.

I am working on a tool to ressource each file. Thus, it will be easier for you to translate and you will be able to change the size of each text in a text editor

I will try to finish it this evening
I am just finished my little code to ressource all classic simulmondo txt files using Time Runners code (Tex/DylanDog/Diabolik/Simulman ,etc).

I have tested it with Spiderman 01 & 02 & 03. And it works fine.

The Result is a relative asm source code, so you can change the length of each line (max length is the width of the screen).

Can you use the following files to translate the 3 games in english ?

I hope your work will be more easy now

here 3 new files.

PS/
Of course if you have already start to translate the old file , then just sent to me your work and I will done qwickly an Asm source of your work to finish translation

Last edited by CFOU!; 01 July 2006 at 17:20.
CFOU! is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Assembler to English translation needed NovaCoder Coders. General 1 15 August 2011 07:27
Ambermoon Arcade - translation needed viddi project.Amiga Game Factory 14 12 September 2009 09:29
translation needed for thalion video BuZz Nostalgia & memories 34 17 August 2009 15:45
The Amazing spiderman problem NPI support.Games 0 03 December 2004 16:48

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.10301 seconds with 14 queries