English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 13 June 2006, 14:34   #1
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Anyone recieved the Tribute II DVD yet ??

For anyone that has here are a few things to note !!

This is in the information page on the DVD but im guessing that will be the last thing you read

Old 13 June 2006, 15:05   #2
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

Send a message via MSN to sarek2k
YES!!!!!! thank you so much got mine today and it's F'ing AWESOME!!!!!!!

stuck it in my Xbox Menu comes up tried birds of prey intro, then i put it in the PC and the main menu comes up tried loads of options including Bloodwych's P96 (picasso) workbench's from 3.1 to 1.3 ran Megalomania from 3.1. looked all about your Amazing menu Synchro and what a fantastic job you've done

thanks for the present in JUNE Santa's been real early this year

Even the World cup has taken a back seat to this DVD

Thanks again Synchro

Next five people to PM me get a copy (@DamienD you want it )
Old 13 June 2006, 19:53   #3
DamienD
Banned

Thank you for the kind offer sarek2k but no need!!!

Guess what I found delivered through the letter flap of the door when I got home from work today

Thank you so much synchro. All I've done so far is taken it out of the package and looked at the professional DVD cover. I'm sure it will rock

As soon as I get a chance sometime this week I'll try it on both the Xbox and PC. Thank you again, very much appreciated
Old 13 June 2006, 19:56   #4
BippyM
Global Moderator

Mine has arrived too

Will check it out v soon but it looks the biz Thank-you synchro.. fabulous work as usual

I will try and create a torrent and host this sometime this week too
Old 13 June 2006, 21:12   #5
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

i've got 3 slots left to fill for the DVD, DDNI is getting one and also thrown one in for Musashi5150 (sending him Goliath Powerpack tommorow) Roll up Roll up it's free ya know
Old 13 June 2006, 22:27   #6
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Sarek hold off on yours a second, Synchro promised me one too!

But if Synchro hasnt sent one yet, then I would love a copy from you!
Old 13 June 2006, 23:34   #7
Bloodwych

Just pm'ed the master himself and should also be able to offer a pass-on service soon.

Can't wait to try this. I'm kicking myself a little for not providing Synchro with updated ClassicWB packs (those ones I sent him are years old when the project first surfaced) but that can be fixed if need be in the future. I'm sure it still works fine with the older packs.

One thing that's always struck me about this project is the superb menu - it really is fantastic! The artwork and presentation is A*!
Old 14 June 2006, 02:06   #8
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDNI
Sarek hold off on yours a second, Synchro promised me one too!

But if Synchro hasnt sent one yet, then I would love a copy from you!
Yours was going out in the second batch this weekend along with Bloodwych now i have his address again

I did look at your updates Bloodwych mate but didnt have room as they are so much bigger.......really did squeeze everything into that dvd in fact i included the cover but it made it to big to burn so i deleted it again.....were talking a really tight fit here

Oh and thanks guys !!! I aim to please

Last edited by synchro; 14 June 2006 at 02:15.
Old 14 June 2006, 02:13   #9
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

BTW !!! I need a link for XPORT!! If anyone can supply me with one.....The man himself has requested one but being a very private person hes obviosly not going to hand over his address to me is he ......So please can anyone help !!
Old 15 June 2006, 03:13   #10
andyr

I received the disc today - total crap. Why did you even bother doing this? It's a waste of your time and my time and a complete waste of a perfectly good disc.

ONLY JOKING!!!!!!

This really is one of the best things I've seen for a while - absolutely superb with top notch presentation and content. This disc is the dogs 'preverbials' and simply cannot be faulted!

It's now 2:10am and I have to be up for work at 6am so I think this is the first time in a couple of years I'm going to be pulling an all nighter!!!

There are even things on this disc I've never seen before! It boots perfectly on my xBox (it's actually the first DVD-R the damn thing has ever ran flawlessly - it only ever usually boots DVD+R) and it runs fine on my PC's.

...and true to my word, if anyone wants a copy just PM me your details and I'll be more than willing to send you a copy - I'll even include a copy of the original Amiga disc Synchro made *<cough>* years ago!

Synchro, thanks m8. Brilliant work.
Old 16 June 2006, 02:02   #11
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Nice one Andy glad you like it
The feedback is well appreciated from all you guys.....made it all worthwhile !!

More going out this weekend as well

BTW Andy if my disc reads fine on your xbox its more likely your writer causing your problem.....It burns everthing im guessing...films pc stuff but just wont read on your xbox with DVD-R after you have burnt them.......this isnt uncommon for some writers...My old Liteon did the same to me.

Just a thought !!
Old 16 June 2006, 19:35   #12
andyr

Nah, thought of that myself - but I now have 4 writers here (2xPioneers, 1xLG and 1xSony) and all produce the same results. The discs are fine in other xboxes so it's got to be my box. Not bothered really because + & - cost me the same and each is just as readily available as the other.

No one has taken up my offer of a copy of Tributes 1 & 2 yet though...c'mon let me send some people a copy, who'll hopefully then send other people a copy (and so on...)
Old 26 June 2006, 12:58   #13
Bloodwych

Did you send out a copy to me Synchro? I've been waiting to write a review but so far the disk hasn't arrived.

As for those who have received the disk, how about taking a few minutes to write a review like Sarek and andyr. I'm sure Synchro would like to hear your opinions.

Last edited by Bloodwych; 27 June 2006 at 11:13.
Old 26 June 2006, 13:43   #14
MSC
Zone Friend

Bloodwych, Synchro has probably sent more than enough at his own cost. PM me and i will burn you a copy when i get home.

Old 26 June 2006, 14:27   #15
Melroc

Send a message via ICQ to Melroc
Wouldn't it be nice to see a torrent of this DVD?
Old 26 June 2006, 14:32   #16
alewis
Monochrome and 8 bit

Would love a copy (and T1) if anyone could oblige. I'll refund postage, of course.
Old 26 June 2006, 15:02   #17
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

I have sent to these people:

Firstbase
Mushashi5150
MSC

Today i'll do copies for:

DDNI (sorry m8 4got yours)
Retrogamer (didn't get address in time for last post)
alewis (PM me your address m8! Today if you can)
Old 26 June 2006, 20:25   #18
Captain_ Kal

How can I get my hands on this DVD?
Old 26 June 2006, 23:46   #19
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarek2k
I have sent to these people:

Firstbase
Mushashi5150
MSC

Today i'll do copies for:

DDNI (sorry m8 4got yours)
Retrogamer (didn't get address in time for last post)
alewis (PM me your address m8! Today if you can)

Thanks Sarek2k, was waiting for the one from Synchro, but I tink he forgot about me
Old 27 June 2006, 05:01   #20
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyr
I received the disc today - total crap. Why did you even bother doing this? It's a waste of your time and my time and a complete waste of a perfectly good disc.

ONLY JOKING!!!!!!

This really is one of the best things I've seen for a while - absolutely superb with top notch presentation and content. This disc is the dogs 'preverbials' and simply cannot be faulted!

It's now 2:10am and I have to be up for work at 6am so I think this is the first time in a couple of years I'm going to be pulling an all nighter!!!

There are even things on this disc I've never seen before! It boots perfectly on my xBox (it's actually the first DVD-R the damn thing has ever ran flawlessly - it only ever usually boots DVD+R) and it runs fine on my PC's.

...and true to my word, if anyone wants a copy just PM me your details and I'll be more than willing to send you a copy - I'll even include a copy of the original Amiga disc Synchro made *<cough>* years ago!

Synchro, thanks m8. Brilliant work.
@andyr you almost had me with that top line i was almost ready to blow a gasket or two but then i read further down lol i know i havent mentioned it before now but is a new question i wish to check for all xbox owners which you youself pointed out the old DVD+ Vs DVD- format!

I myself have a samsung drive (which is on it's last legs now sadly) it reads cdroms bootable and DVD- but not DVD+ however it will read DVDRW+ dvd's strange eh!

Just incase anyone else is having problems from the xbox point of view!