English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 10 September 2006, 02:09   #1
rattus

Floppy disk REQ: Amiga Mega Pak by Ozi Soft

If anyone has the above compact in ADF or DMS format I would appreciate a copy. I couldn't find it in planetemu's TOSEC archive so I assume it has not been TOSEC'd yet. Here is the HOL entry:

http://hol.abime.net/5019

Thank you.
Old 10 September 2006, 12:25   #2
Aral
TOSEC-PIX Curator

I've got that here somewhere... I am getting back into dumping disks soon so will look for it when i start dumping
Old 10 September 2006, 14:12   #3
Galaxy

I'm responsible for the megapak stuff in HOL, but I can't find my adf copy. We had a lot of trouble getting error free adfs.

I have two original copies of MegaPak and both disks were riddled with errors, prob from a bad batch of disks as they have been stored carefully since they were bought new years ago. We did manage to get good copies of all the files on both disks by combining my two sets of disks with another copy and a bit of detective work by andreas. He should have clean adfs...
Old 10 September 2006, 14:35   #4
rattus

Thank you for the response, this sounds promising I'm constantly amazed at all the work needed in software preservation.
Old 10 September 2006, 22:52   #5
Galaxy

I should have the images somewhere too, just not sure where.

Incidently, you aren't missing that much! It, along with Ten BASIC games which was part of the Amiga Galactic Pack, are great examples of commercial releases that should have been in PD libraries...
Old 11 September 2006, 00:02   #6
rattus

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy
Incidently, you aren't missing that much! It, along with Ten BASIC games which was part of the Amiga Galactic Pack, are great examples of commercial releases that should have been in PD libraries...
I know I just want it for nostalgia reasons. We had this pack ~10 years ago with an A500, which was then sold at a garage sale before the family moved to the UK. We used to live in the northern suburbs of Canberra... [/offtopic]
Old 21 September 2017, 04:02   #7
Technics

I had this when it came out.... when I got the Amiga it came with the mega pak and some others... also it came with a Commodore stereo system...

would like to get that game pack again

Old 22 September 2017, 07:43   #8
Lynk

ftp://ftp:any@grandis.nu/~Uploads/Lynk/AUSSIE/OZI-SOFT/

disk 2 had a couple of errors
Old 22 September 2017, 17:07   #9
Technics

Cheers for that...

if I remember right I think some of it was always a bit hit and miss... I remember having to load pacboy a heap of times to play it

Old 22 September 2017, 20:56   #10
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technics View Post
.... when I got the Amiga it came with the mega pak and some others...

would like to get that game pack again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Galaxy had the same problem with this compilation some years ago. I managed to upload a 100% version to the Zone a few years ago when it was requested again. For whatever reason, it hasnt managed to find it's way into TOSEC yet.

Anyway, find the Amiga Mega Pak compilation in the Zone again (see HERE for access details), as well as in my personal folder on the FTP server. Enjoy!

https://is.gd/NKrpo7

Last edited by DrBong; 07 October 2017 at 20:59. Reason: Fixed link!
Old 22 September 2017, 23:28   #11
Technics

Awesome...

looked over disk 2 from Lynk... found a bad checksum in sector 1113 but did run some games... got the evil guru meditation on disk 1... no bad sectors found though

how do I convert LHA to adf?

I still run my A500 (thanks to the usb stick disk drive) and I think it only runs adf... new to the emulation sides of this

Old 27 September 2017, 12:40   #12
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technics View Post
how do I convert LHA to adf?

I still run my A500 (thanks to the usb stick disk drive) and I think it only runs adf... new to the emulation sides of this
Sorry mate, I missed this post. LHA is the most popular Amiga compression format, so it can't be converted to ADF.

LHA is supported by most decent PC archivers (e.g. WinRAR, 7-Zip, WinZip, ZipZag), so you can use them to unpack LHA archives on PC and copy the ADF's to the USB stick you use with the Gotek. It's more fiddly to do it on a standard A500, particularly if the Gotek has replaced the floppy drive in it.

Anyway, for your convenience, I've upped the ADF's of the Amiga Mega Pak compilation to my folder on the FTP server. Have fun!

https://is.gd/NKrpo7

Last edited by DrBong; 07 October 2017 at 23:04. Reason: Fixed link!