English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General

Old 08 June 2015, 18:24   #481
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

??? They both link to the same thing........
AdSense AdSense  
Old 08 June 2015, 19:50   #482
sandruzzo

here the correct ones:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B03...ew?usp=sharing
Old 09 June 2015, 02:30   #483
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

I give up
Old 09 June 2015, 07:11   #484
sandruzzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
I give up
it works. What's the problem? If you have one, I can send you the file.
Old 09 June 2015, 07:18   #485
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

I have been watching this thread with amusement, many of the problems I pointed out months ago seem to still be causing problems. I am still eagerly awaiting this multiplexed parallax layer sprite background version that was apparently being worked on. Anyway...

sandruzzo: I assume what Arnie is going crazy about is the fact you appeared to say that there was a new demo of the game out with various fixes, yet you continually link to either a file that nobody has read permission on, or now 3 times you have linked to an IFF file of Rygar sprites instead of the ADF. If you clicked the link yourself to test your post you'd see the problem.
Old 09 June 2015, 07:21   #486
sandruzzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
I have been watching this thread with amusement, many of the problems I pointed out months ago seem to still be causing problems. I am still eagerly awaiting this multiplexed parallax layer sprite background version that was apparently being worked on. Anyway...

sandruzzo: I assume what Arnie is going crazy about is the fact you appeared to say that there was a new demo of the game out with various fixes, yet you continually link to either a file that nobody has read permission on, or now 3 times you have linked to an IFF file of Rygar sprites instead of the ADF. If you clicked the link yourself to test your post you'd see the problem.
I thought that it was asking for iff file. All is there. I'm happy that you're having a fun with this thread. Thanks for sharing your feeling!
Old 09 June 2015, 13:00   #487
Amiten

@Sandruzzo

Good Job! the Engine Goes Fine At the moment very Smooth I hope You can add Parallax and can finish this very complicate challenge. you have now an a legion help you man that its helpful

all the best
Old 09 June 2015, 13:02   #488
sandruzzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiten View Post
@Sandruzzo

Good Job! the Engine Goes Fine At the moment very Smooth I hope You can add Parallax and can finish this very complicate challenge.

all the best
Thanks mate I'll do my best!
Old 09 June 2015, 15:43   #489
CFOU!

hi,
is it possible to upload adf in TheZone! for test ?
Old 10 June 2015, 16:10   #490
sandruzzo

One Scrolling issue resolved. Now tiles drawing is right.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B03...ew?usp=sharing
Old 10 June 2015, 19:17   #491
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
An this is why I mentioned in another thread that new projects on the Amiga (any platform really) shouldn't be put out to the public eye to be scrutinized way too early in their development.

I would suggest to do a lot more work on the conversion and less posting of anything online, at this stage it's totally pointless.
Old 10 June 2015, 19:37   #492
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

@akira
At least people will see that is not THAT easy to do an amiga game... (feeling it on my own skin with flashpoint)
Old 10 June 2015, 20:17   #493
Akira

People don't need to be reminded of the complications of developing for any vintage platform, rather encouraged to tackle such problems.

I don't think the problems you are having are specifically related to the Amiga platform, they are more related to the way you are working with this conversion, your work "ethos", the process. Again, this "judgement" comes from your posting of stuff here. If you had worked more on the game before posting anything online I am sure less criticism would be issued regarding your methods and you would be able to advance more fluently.
Old 10 June 2015, 20:41   #494
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

@akira
Waiting any moment someone thay say my ported half-chiptune in-game music is crap, not to mention the metal based main tune (that is still not ready) - actually even the need for a separated main tune a la R-type might be in discussion; however this thread comes handy to me for coordinating since me and sandruzzo are several thousands of miles away and in different timezones (he is in rome am in los angeles)

By the way anyone has a clue how to extract single note instrument samples from Rygar music? the captures of Foul were of the full tunes and there are at least three versions of the squillant instrument, but together with the bassline
Old 10 June 2015, 22:31   #495
ovale

@saimon69
Did you consider VGM rips?
http://vgmrips.net/packs/pack/rygar-arcade
http://www.smspower.org/Music/VGMFileFormat
Old 10 June 2015, 22:46   #496
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

@ovale
music captures are the same provided by Foul, for VGM how do i read it, and will allow me to selectively turn on/off voices and capture to wav?
Old 11 June 2015, 07:27   #497
modrobert
old bearded fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
An this is why I mentioned in another thread that new projects on the Amiga (any platform really) shouldn't be put out to the public eye to be scrutinized way too early in their development.

I would suggest to do a lot more work on the conversion and less posting of anything online, at this stage it's totally pointless.
It all started as a discussion (which was intended by OP), then turned into a surprise development collaboration which was possible due to the "public nature" of it, crazy and lovely in its own way.

I can understand the frustrations vented by professionals in this thread, but actually doing something as opposed to posting negative comments has priority in my opinion (no matter what).
Old 11 June 2015, 07:39   #498
Vot

Conversion Capers: Rygar

Quote:
Originally Posted by modrobert View Post
It all started as a discussion (which was intended by OP), then turned into a surprise development collaboration which was possible due to the "public nature" of it, crazy and lovely in its own way.

I can understand the frustrations by professionals in this thread, but actually doing something as opposed to commenting has priority in my opinion (no matter what).

I agree people need to give him a break. He isn't a professional amiga programmer and this is probably his first game (on the amiga), its clear he is learning as he goes. Scoping something like this is very hard to do if you don't know exactly how much you can squeeze out of the hardware. An iterative approach is a good way to learn.

Would it be more productive to have it all planned before coding anything.. Yes, but this implies he knows exactly how everything works and exactly how much time it takes to blit stuff etc. That comes with experience and knowledge of the platform.

People like codetapper etc clearly could take a much more professional and planned approach but being so critical is not very helpful. If he has to rewrite stuff.. So be it, its his time. The people who can complain are people who are contributing making gfx 3 times etc. I think offer suggestions, if he has to learn by doing it the wrong way first.. So be it..

I bet you that a lot of the professionals amiga coders did things wrong the first time... I feel for the guy. If i wrote an amiga game.. I would probably do equally as silly stuff the first time (or probably worse).

Last edited by Vot; 11 June 2015 at 09:42.
Old 11 June 2015, 09:04   #499
sandruzzo

Mates:

I did this game:

http://www.steelsaviour.com/

On amiga I did only small demo. Since Amiga have a lot of limitation no one know how to do Rygar as good as possible without trying.we would had this game done.

I hear a lot of word but no code but mine. My code is there, feel free to do what you want..
Old 11 June 2015, 12:49   #500
attila06
Zone Friend

I have played a lot with steelsaviour on my Pc, fantastic shoot .
One of my favorite, i love it.
AdSense AdSense