English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Language > Coders. Blitz Basic

Old 08 March 2018, 12:43   #1
MickGyver

Arrow Blitz Basic 2.1 Manual

Hi!

I scanned and OCR:ed the full manual for Blitz Basic 2.1. The PDF if fully searchable. Some spelling errors etc. have been fixed in the text so when you copy or search text, the spell checked version is used. The page numbers are correct, so you can go to the page numbers as stated in the table of contents and elsewhere.

If you think this file should be copied somewhere (now it is on my webhotel), please let me know.

http://daemonbite.com/files/linked/BB21Manual.pdf

EDIT: The manual can now also be found on archive.org: https://archive.org/details/bb21manual

Last edited by MickGyver; 08 March 2018 at 16:33. Reason: Added link to archive.org
Old 08 March 2018, 13:06   #2
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Old 08 March 2018, 14:55   #3
adolfo.pa

Thanks a lot! This is good timing, as I started to read the BB2 manuals at archive.org a couple of days ago (but those are a bit older than yours).

Maybe this version should be uploaded to archive.org as well? Nowadays, that's the first place I go when looking for old manuals.

Thanks!
Old 08 March 2018, 15:26   #4
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by adolfo.pa View Post
Thanks a lot! This is good timing, as I started to read the BB2 manuals at archive.org a couple of days ago (but those are a bit older than yours).

Maybe this version should be uploaded to archive.org as well? Nowadays, that's the first place I go when looking for old manuals.

Thanks!
I will try to upload it to archive.org!
Old 08 March 2018, 15:53   #5
Daedalus

Good stuff! I can't open it here (it's blocked for me in work), but I'll check it out later on. Which version of the manual is this? There are several different versions that I've seen, some more extensive than others.

For reference, the full Blitz 2.1 manual that I got with my Blitz 2.1 floppy edition is also available in AmigaGuide format on Aminet, and in HTML format (based on the guide version) on amiblitz.de. These versions match my ring binder version more or less exactly bar a couple of OCR issues, though I have seen other manuals like the one on archive.org that appears to be different - perhaps from a previous version of Blitz?

Anyway, the more references, the better as sometimes there are even small differences that can be a big help.
Old 08 March 2018, 16:24   #6
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Good stuff! I can't open it here (it's blocked for me in work), but I'll check it out later on. Which version of the manual is this? There are several different versions that I've seen, some more extensive than others.

For reference, the full Blitz 2.1 manual that I got with my Blitz 2.1 floppy edition is also available in AmigaGuide format on Aminet, and in HTML format (based on the guide version) on amiblitz.de. These versions match my ring binder version more or less exactly bar a couple of OCR issues, though I have seen other manuals like the one on archive.org that appears to be different - perhaps from a previous version of Blitz?

Anyway, the more references, the better as sometimes there are even small differences that can be a big help.
This is from the ring binder manual of the floppy version of BB2.1. I guess it is the same / similar in content to the AmigaGuide version you posted links to.

EDIT: The ones already on archive.org are from BB2.0

Last edited by MickGyver; 08 March 2018 at 16:39.
Old 08 March 2018, 16:34   #7
MickGyver

Can now also be read on archive.org: https://archive.org/details/bb21manual

Last edited by MickGyver; 08 March 2018 at 16:40.
Old 08 March 2018, 16:53   #8
Daedalus

Excellent Thank you!
Old 08 March 2018, 17:08   #9
adolfo.pa

Thanks