English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Amiga Forever

Old 31 December 2018, 23:47   #1
Fraggs

Amiga Forever 7 Bilinear Filtering?!

Is there any way to enable Bilnear filtering to games and apps in Amiga Forever 7?
Because i do not like the Aliasing on a big modern TV screen.
I can use bilinear filtering running games through WinUAE seperately, but not through Amiga Forever. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Old 01 January 2019, 00:29   #2
Saghalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraggs View Post
Is there any way to enable Bilnear filtering to games
and apps in Amiga Forever 7?
Because i do not like the Aliasing on a big modern TV screen. I can use bilinear
filtering running games through WinUAE seperately, but not through Amiga
Forever. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
Never had the opportunity to play with this. But my best guess is to use
Options->Emulation

Play with some of those options and see if what you want is in there
somewhere.
Old 01 January 2019, 00:35   #3
Fraggs

There is no option for it there. I have tried the DirectDraw mode and dx9/dx11 mode. It was a no go. I did not see any difference between any mode. I must have spent half an hour messing around with the graphic settings.
Thanks anyway.

Old 01 January 2019, 02:33   #4
Fraggs

I just solved my problem...kind of.
I just changed my destop resolution from 4k to 800 x 600. It seems like a full screen filter is now applied. But the problem is i dont want to keep changing the desktop resolution every time i use Amiga Forever.
As far as i am aware there is no changable resolutions that you can run the games at, through Amiga Forever.
I really hope i am wrong

Last edited by Fraggs; 01 January 2019 at 02:35. Reason: Comment i was replying to was deleted

Old 01 January 2019, 02:41   #5
PeterK

Try to enable the WinUAE GUI with <F12>. This setting is probably somewhere in Options => Emulation under AF7, but I don't remember anymore. Under AF8 it's now under Tools/Options/Input/Shared, and it is called "Plugin runtime options". Just press <F12> there.
Old 01 January 2019, 15:22   #6
Fraggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
Try to enable the WinUAE GUI with <F12>. This setting is probably somewhere in Options => Emulation under AF7, but I don't remember anymore. Under AF8 it's now under Tools/Options/Input/Shared, and it is called "Plugin runtime options". Just press <F12> there.

I have enabled the f12 enabling of the winuae window. But each time i load a game or demo the winuae settings reset to defaul settings used by Amiga Forever. Even after changing default settings of WinUae to one of my own.

Old 22 March 2019, 06:18   #7
sotnem1

bilinear filter

Open this file with Notepad: x:Program Files (x86)\Cloanto\Amiga Forever\Player\Plugins\WinUAEPlugin\override.ini. Put that line there:
"gfx_filter_bilinear=true" and save.
You can put there whatever you want. Just look up your setting in:
x:Users\Public\Documents\Amiga Files\Win UAE\Configurations\configuration or wherever you have your Win UAE. Not everything works.

Old 22 March 2019, 08:56   #8
Fraggs

Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotnem1 View Post
Open this file with Notepad: x:Program Files (x86)\Cloanto\Amiga Forever\Player\Plugins\WinUAEPlugin\override.ini. Put that line there:
"gfx_filter_bilinear=true" and save.
You can put there whatever you want. Just look up your setting in:
x:Users\Public\Documents\Amiga Files\Win UAE\Configurations\configuration or wherever you have your Win UAE. Not everything works.
Thanks. It is much appreciated.