English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 07 June 2018, 12:06   #181
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog320 View Post
The problem lies if you try and open opus at startup, whether its from loaddb or dopus_startup.info, the icons wont show up even with tekos settings, however opening it up manually with directoryopus.info works fine and icons show up. And this is with afa_os 4.8
We can confirm the problem with invisible icons with DOpus 5.91, it partially resolves if Dopue5.9 is executed before "Iprefs" but it does not run WBStartup applications

N.B: AmikitX use DOpus 5.82 probably for this same problem
Old 07 June 2018, 12:15   #182
jdog320

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
We can confirm the problem with invisible icons with DOpus 5.91, it partially resolves if Dopue5.9 is executed before "Iprefs" but it does not run WBStartup applications

N.B: AmikitX use DOpus 5.82 probably for this same problem
Well that's good to know that i'm not the only one with the problem. Quite a shame though that this bug will never get fixed as apparently the devs of this have abandoned ship years ago.

Is it possible to use the system icon filetypes for this? As i'm too lazy to config it my own.
Old 07 June 2018, 15:23   #183
tero

Why not use birdie instead?
Since PeterK's iconlib i dropped afa, it's a bit overkill just to use themes. Or is there more functionality in afa?
Old 07 June 2018, 15:27   #184
jdog320

Quote:
Originally Posted by tero View Post
Why not use birdie instead?
Since PeterK's iconlib i dropped afa, it's a bit overkill just to use themes. Or is there more functionality in afa?
I kind've like font antialiasing and support for *converted* truetype fonts
Old 07 June 2018, 15:35   #185
tero

Quote:
I kind've like font antialiasing and support for *converted* truetype fonts
Ah, i forgot about those, i never used that.
Old 07 June 2018, 15:38   #186
jdog320

Quote:
Ah, i forgot about those, i never used that.
So, uh, my issue now is reassigning each and every filetype one by one unless there's a way to to this faster
Old 07 June 2018, 15:49   #187
tero

I couldn't get deficons to work with dopus either. But i'm not so much into dopus5, as i prefer a genuine workbench, so i haven't tried much.
Amikit isn't using deficons but configured Dopus filetypes, so i guess you have to configure everything again.
The fastest would be to copy the filetypes from amikit to your system and just change the default-tools.
Old 07 June 2018, 16:39   #188
jdog320

Quote:
I couldn't get deficons to work with dopus either. But i'm not so much into dopus5, as i prefer a genuine workbench, so i haven't tried much.
Amikit isn't using deficons but configured Dopus filetypes, so i guess you have to configure everything again.
The fastest would be to copy the filetypes from amikit to your system and just change the default-tools.
Which file contains the file types again?
Old 07 June 2018, 17:09   #189
tero

It's a file per filetype. Located in dopus5:filetypes.
Old 07 June 2018, 18:16   #190
tero

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
but it does not run WBStartup applications
As workaround you can add following lines to the s-s (after loadwb).

Code:
;BEGIN WBstartup
  List >> T:wbstartup sys:wbstartup PAT=~(#?.info|#?.cfg|#?.rexx) LFORMAT="wbrun *"%p%n*"" ALL FILES
  execute  T:wbstartup
  Delete >NIL: T:wbstartup
;END WBstartup
I couldn't get my .rexx script to start, and was to lazy to look into it. That's why i excluded .rexx.
I guess i need to start them seperately.

EDIT: could be .rexx will start under 3.9. i only tested this with kxlight 3x0. I remembered something about that in the t.h.e. manual. again: too lazy to switch to 3.9 atm

Last edited by tero; 07 June 2018 at 18:22.
Old 07 June 2018, 18:30   #191
AMIGASYSTEM

Thank you tero, as already said several times I do not like Dopos5 i use it only to do some tests, I prefer the Workbench + AfA-OS

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 10 June 2018, 19:57   #192
kolla
Banned

Quote:
Quite a shame though that this bug will never get fixed as apparently the devs of this have abandoned ship years ago.
The sources are there, you can fix yourself or pay someone to fix it.
Old 10 June 2018, 20:08   #193
kolla
Banned

Quote:
I couldn't get deficons to work with dopus either.
DOpus5 has its own file identification system that predates OS3.5 (and DefIcons of NewIcons4), and that in most ways is smarter, easier to set up, and way more powerful than DefIcons (supporting different context menus per file type, among other things).

DOpus5 is for DOpus5 users, those of us who grew up with it and spent years communicating with Jonathan and Greg on mailing lists in the 90ies If you don't really know how to use DOpus5, you should perhaps rather stick with Workbench

Last edited by kolla; 10 June 2018 at 20:35.
Old 10 June 2018, 20:35   #194
kolla
Banned

Quote:
EDIT: could be .rexx will start under 3.9. i only tested this with kxlight 3x0. I remembered something about that in the t.h.e. manual. again: too lazy to switch to 3.9 atm
Yes, for WBRun to start files ending with .rexx, a few things need to be in place...

* an associated icon, a .rexx.info file
* with REXX tooltype set
* workbench.library v44+ from OS3.5+

Your script tries to launch all files (those matching) with WBRun, also those without any associated .info file, which will fail with WBRun , you may want to replace that "list" command line to rather list all .info files and use %m instead of %n in the LFORMAT.
Old 10 June 2018, 20:38   #195
tero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolla View Post
If you don't really know how to use DOpus5, you should perhaps rather stick with Workbench
Well, i know how to use and configure it, I just don't care about dopus5 and i don't use it.

Like AmigaSystem i use it only for testing.

as for the .rexx files. That's what i said, i was just too lazy to look up the culprit
Old 10 June 2018, 21:14   #196
tero

Quote:
* an associated icon, a .rexx.info file
* with REXX tooltype set
* workbench.library v44+ from OS3.5+
Kx-Light has Workbench.library 45.127, which i patched to .132. Rexx scripts start from WBstartup drawer just fine (Without dopus5). For dopus, maybe someone wants to test the changes to the List line you suggested. Or add .rexx to the tempfile with rx instead of wbrun.
Why did you think there is no .info file in the first place?

What do you mean by REXX tooltype, all i ever setup in the icon is 'start through arexx' (not sure how this is called in english). No tooltypes needed. Do i miss something here?
EDIT:Nevermind. I'm too used to RAWBinfo, you mean 'REXX' as tooltype. In rawbinfo that can be set with a cyclemenu.

Last edited by tero; 10 June 2018 at 21:30.
Old 11 June 2018, 00:45   #197
kolla
Banned

Right.

The problem with a script like that, is that it doesn't take into account start priority etc.

Anyways, I use SYS:DBStartup for DOpus5, it works fine and I would never want to use anything like WBStartup+ or ++, heh.
Old 11 June 2018, 01:36   #198
tero

Quote:
Right.

The problem with a script like that, is that it doesn't take into account start priority etc.

Anyways, I use SYSBStartup for DOpus5, it works fine and I would never want to use anything like WBStartup+ or ++, heh.
Does that work with dopus5.91 too? The initial problem was that wbstartup icons start with 5.82 but not with 5.91. (When used together with AfA.)

The scriptlines for the s-s were just a dirty workaround. for that.
Old 18 June 2018, 00:48   #199
celco

Hello.
I'm still not able to install this nice Afa_oS 4.8 in WinUAE + OS3.9.
Installed OS3.9, All Boing Bags, Picasso, MUI. Used the AFA OS installer. No errors receievd.
Modified the startup-sequence with morelibspace and Afa_OS_Loader at correct places in the file.
Rebooted (warm and cold) and no change to the Workbench at all. Still same icons, backdrop...

Can somebody guide me in the correct way or tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
Old 18 June 2018, 01:04   #200
tero

Quote:
Originally Posted by celco View Post
Still same icons, backdrop...
AfA_OS doesn't change the appearance, it doesn't come with icons or backgrounds. Check AfA prefs if you can change the theme. Or try downloading some OS4 icons if they are shown correctly.

btw: don't confuse AfA_OS with the Workbench setup of the same name mentioned a few times.
AfA_OS itself is just the backend to be used for Theming, use of OS4/png icons or Truetype fonts. If you want to use such things you have to install them yourself.
If you want the Amikit-like setup, i'm sure there is a download link somewhere. (too lazy/tired atm to search for it)