English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 17 May 2012, 01:34   #1161
magnetic
Banned

Well I got my Indivision mk2 with the original product box and english printed instructions. (dont call 2 pieces of a4 paper a "manual" lol) The instructions are really straightforward and easy to follow so dont know guys are having install problems...

The package came super fast (I did pay xtra for fedex) and pacakged professionally. Still havent been able to try it yet as my studio is in a crazy state.
Old 17 May 2012, 02:44   #1162
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetic View Post
dont call 2 pieces of a4 paper a "manual" lol
Its called "RTFM", well thats how Jens refers to it.
"Read The Folded Manual", .
Old 17 May 2012, 10:06   #1163
paulo_becas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
Your still going to have to hook the sound to something, the sound isn't a part of the stream over the HDMI cable, Kipper2K just selected a pair of unused wires, and made them available to the user, so they can hook the audio up inside the Amiga. It saves you a cable from the Amiga, and over to the media corner where the TV, and stereo are, but you still need to hook the sound up the same way you would if you had drawn a separate cable for the sound. It's all about neatness.
B!
It's just a cable, i don't see much use for this sort of adapter, but then again it's just my opinion, still a good job

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Whoops!
Sorry Jens/Amigakit, it wasn't meant to be taken 'seriously' as it did come in a 'box' just not an Indi box. I did indeed get what I paid for, including the manual, so Amigakit did a fantastic job of getting that sorted and delivered so just don't take my comment too seriously Also, Amigakit do not need to explain why it was shipped like it was, the main thing is it arrived, it works and it rocks!!
When i bought my E-Matrix accelerator card it came with a individual computers box that said "Indivision" , it's just a box nothing more.
Old 17 May 2012, 12:20   #1164
Mr B

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo_becas View Post
It's just a cable, i don't see much use for this sort of adapter, but then again it's just my opinion, still a good job
Admittedly, i don't really see a need for it either, but if someone wants it, then there is a market for it, and Kipper2K can make some sales. He's a good sport, and was more then helpful when i wanted something strange, and complicated.
B!
Old 17 May 2012, 12:32   #1165
Ech0

Just to let you know, that a HP1940 DVI-monitor works really nice with Indivision MKII. They are very cheap in 2nd hand-

Last edited by Ech0; 17 May 2012 at 13:18.

Old 17 May 2012, 14:07   #1166
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

hi guys kippers adapter is not just a cable

its a cable to a hdmi socket for internally placing in the rf space when removed and he also has a hdmi cable the audio in 1

so you dont have to have adapters eg vga/hdmi hanging out the back of your miggy
Old 17 May 2012, 14:12   #1167
diablothe2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnim View Post
hi guys kippers adapter is not just a cable

its a cable to a hdmi socket for internally placing in the rf space when removed and he also has a hdmi cable the audio in 1

so you dont have to have adapters eg vga/hdmi hanging out the back of your miggy
exactly. i mean who uses RF these days? and there are those of us that use the rear expansion port for other things (Bvision, CF card adapters etc). so being able to remove the old TV standard and replace it with the new TV standard is a great positive.
Old 17 May 2012, 14:23   #1168
Mr B

Quote:
Funny you should mention that, as it's exactly what we've been saying...

I don't know why anyone would be botherd by having the extra cable for the audio, but i would rather have a FM transmitter take the audio and broadcast it, if the cable was an issue. It's a 5 buck investment, and is easily powered by a rechargeable battery. That said, Kipper2K is obviously filling a need for people, and they will be just as happy with their products from him, as i am with mine.
B!
Old 17 May 2012, 14:57   #1169
paulo_becas

I'm not saying that it's useless, don't get me wrong, i think it's great to have people doing stuff for our beloved miggy, no matter what, all i'm saying is that, for me, i don't see much use for it but i totally understand you guys.

Quote:
Well i don't have adapters hanging around, like i said before, i bought a DVI to HDMI cable because i didn't like the adapter in the back, and i plug it to the HDMI entrance of my TV and the results are awesome, just like the video that Kipper posted.
Old 17 May 2012, 17:22   #1170
clebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo_becas View Post
I'm not saying that it's useless, don't get me wrong, i think it's great to have people doing stuff for our beloved miggy, no matter what, all i'm saying is that, for me, i don't see much use for it but i totally understand you guys.
I'm considering it because if/when I can get a Subway USB, I don't want to mod my case to put the USB ports somewhere else and ideally not cram one port in next to the DVI-out.

The bonus is that the RF-out is redundant these days and the HDMI-out fits there like a glove. It's a really elegant solution.

Chris
Old 17 May 2012, 17:43   #1171
paulo_becas

Quote:
Originally Posted by clebin View Post
I'm considering it because if/when I can get a Subway USB, I don't want to mod my case to put the USB ports somewhere else and ideally not cram one port in next to the DVI-out.

The bonus is that the RF-out is redundant these days and the HDMI-out fits there like a glove. It's a really elegant solution.

Chris
I totally agree with you, personally if i can get my hands on Subway USB (it's a little hard) i'll consider taking of the RF module and, maybe, use the space for the USB or, who knows, for a video adapater like this.
Old 17 May 2012, 17:59   #1172
diablothe2nd

i'm waiting for the subway to come back in stock too (i can dream, can't i? :P ) but in all honesty, because the rear expansion is used for so many devices... i'd prefer to put the usb ports where the joyports are on the A600.... ok if you're a righty a usb memory stick may get in your way, but for convenience its better there. you cant put it in the left side due to pcmcia and cd rom, idefix and CF card potential. only other option is on the rear on the top part of the enclosure, which then gives the problem of disconnection if you wanna crack open the unit in future.

you've got the added bonus that on a 1200 there is a nice little space where nothing is on the right hand side internally. to me, two usbs there like the joyports of a 600 makes perfect sense

EDIT - now we're running OT cos of subway. LOL.

Last edited by diablothe2nd; 17 May 2012 at 18:06.
Old 18 May 2012, 00:04   #1173
seb132
French in Australia

Send a message via MSN to seb132 Send a message via Yahoo to seb132
I have a Subway and I would LOVE to have a little board with double USB plug AND a HDMI output to connect the Indivision mk2 (that I have too) in replacement of the RF modulator.

I'm not sure it could fit but the HDMI is far smaller than DVI, and probably than VGA too...

That would be elegant.
Old 18 May 2012, 00:17   #1174
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by seb132 View Post
I have a Subway and I would LOVE to have a little board with double USB plug AND a HDMI output to connect the Indivision mk2 (that I have too) in replacement of the RF modulator.

I'm not sure it could fit but the HDMI is far smaller than DVI, and probably than VGA too...

That would be elegant.
Ejem, so where do you say to put a board with 2 Usb's and the Hdmi?

Old 18 May 2012, 01:40   #1175
seb132
French in Australia

Send a message via MSN to seb132 Send a message via Yahoo to seb132

Indeed... great picture !
Old 18 May 2012, 08:12   #1176
Calgor
(Amigas && Amigos)++

@ Schoenfeld

I have installed it in my A4000T, but the grounding cable screw hole is too small for the A4000T motherboard screws, and the spare supplied screw's thread is too small to fit into the A4000T motherboard screw holes, so how do we ground it in the A4000T?

Are the any impacts to not having it grounded?
Old 18 May 2012, 08:23   #1177
DonAmiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgor View Post
@ Schoenfeld

I have installed it in my A4000T, but the grounding cable screw hole is too small for the A4000T motherboard screws, and the spare supplied screw's thread is too small to fit into the A4000T motherboard screw holes, so how do we ground it in the A4000T?

Are the any impacts to not having it grounded?

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=964
Old 18 May 2012, 08:50   #1178
Calgor
(Amigas && Amigos)++

@ DonAmiga

Thanks I missed that, although I would still be interested on how to connect it to ground - I think by having a longer ground wire or adding another ground wire to the end of the original, it would then be able to be grounded to the chassis using the screws which affix the zorro card backplates to their slots.

Happy to say it is working nicely!

EDIT: I also like the fact that the scan rates of the Amiga output are also displayed briefly when it changes screenmode - helps to identify the screenmode it is converting.

Last edited by Calgor; 18 May 2012 at 10:21.
Old 18 May 2012, 21:18   #1179
golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgor View Post

EDIT: I also like the fact that the scan rates of the Amiga output are also displayed briefly when it changes screenmode - helps to identify the screenmode it is converting.
Yes I think that is cool as well with nice understated graphics.

What is the cryptic number? Is that the screenmode ID?

Last edited by golem; 18 May 2012 at 21:28.
Old 18 May 2012, 23:41   #1180
kipper2k

Hi All,

I am going to update my web page with details of the HDMI adapter and other goodies i am going to sell rather than choke this thread. I'll post a link once its done (tonight sometime).

Everything is ready to sell