English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 16 May 2012, 12:35   #1141
roy bates

i think the guys where just trying to help with "fitting" the indi mk2 "with" the fastata,as they are both on the market i cant see a problem posting help on how to do it really.
Old 16 May 2012, 13:34   #1142
kipper2k

Heres a small video showing the Indi MkII running through HDMI. I done this on the Xray computer at work using their Dell monitor so i had to be quick

http://www.kipper2k.com/amiga/a1200hdmi/a1200hdmi.html

Yah, my workbench is bland i know... just not enough hours in the day, II do accept handouts, charity etc
Old 16 May 2012, 13:36   #1143
diablothe2nd

video wont play for me for some reason
Old 16 May 2012, 13:38   #1144
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablothe2nd View Post
video wont play for me for some reason
retry, file was still downloading
Old 16 May 2012, 13:41   #1145
diablothe2nd

cool beans. looks like a Hospital... perhaps they should allow you to keep an amiga for the "older kids" to enjoy during their stay
Old 16 May 2012, 13:42   #1146
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablothe2nd View Post
cool beans. looks like a Hospital... perhaps they should allow you to keep an amiga for the "older kids" to enjoy during their stay

Yah, it is a hospital, i'm the IT guy there so i get to play (and buy) neat toys
Old 16 May 2012, 15:13   #1147
seb132
French in Australia

Send a message via MSN to seb132 Send a message via Yahoo to seb132
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
Heres a small video showing the Indi MkII running through HDMI. I done this on the Xray computer at work using their Dell monitor so i had to be quick

Yah, my workbench is bland i know... just not enough hours in the day, II do accept handouts, charity etc
Simply amazing !
Where do you take orders ???
If you want I can configure a nice ClassicWB for you on a CF card...
Old 16 May 2012, 16:54   #1148
paulo_becas

Quote:

I use a DVI 2 HDMI Cable and the results are pratically the same as you show on your video, or is there a more significant diference that i can't see?
Old 16 May 2012, 17:09   #1149
Mr B

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo_becas View Post
I use a DVI 2 HDMI Cable and the results are pratically the same as you show on your video, or is there a more significant diference that i can't see?
It's the same thing, so your not going to see any difference. Kipper2K's solution can be claimed to be neater, as he stuffed the audio in to the HDMI cable, however, it introduces a failure-point on the other end, where the audio is extracted again. I use a DVI-HDMI adapter for testing against my TV, and a DVI-VGA adapter for testing against the same TV, and a IBM CRT monitor. Only the IBM CRT works, at this point.

B!
Old 16 May 2012, 17:18   #1150
paulo_becas

So the diference is the audio... and the jacks on the amiga, still work with this adapter?
I like to have a good pair of speakers connected to the amiga instead of having the sound on the TV.
Old 16 May 2012, 17:23   #1151
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
It's the same thing, so your not going to see any difference. Kipper2K's solution can be claimed to be neater, as he stuffed the audio in to the HDMI cable, however, it introduces a failure-point on the other end, where the audio is extracted again. I use a DVI-HDMI adapter for testing against my TV, and a DVI-VGA adapter for testing against the same TV, and a IBM CRT monitor. Only the IBM CRT works, at this point.

B!

It doesn't create a failure point as the audio can simply be taken from the original audio jacks. it is just an optional hookup to reduce wiring from the back of the Amiga. Using an original HDMI cable will not even include the audio as the cable itself needs to be modified
Old 16 May 2012, 18:59   #1152
Mr B

Quote:
It doesn't create a failure point as the audio can simply be taken from the original audio jacks. it is just an optional hookup to reduce wiring from the back of the Amiga. Using an original HDMI cable will not even include the audio as the cable itself needs to be modified
I was refering to where the audio is extracted from your (or someone's home made) custom cable. If the joining point of the cable isn't a failure-point, then what is, ever.
Again, as said, hardly something critical.

Quote:
So the diference is the audio... and the jacks on the amiga, still work with this adapter?
They are untouched.

Quote:
I like to have a good pair of speakers connected to the amiga instead of having the sound on the TV.
Your still going to have to hook the sound to something, the sound isn't a part of the stream over the HDMI cable, Kipper2K just selected a pair of unused wires, and made them available to the user, so they can hook the audio up inside the Amiga. It saves you a cable from the Amiga, and over to the media corner where the TV, and stereo are, but you still need to hook the sound up the same way you would if you had drawn a separate cable for the sound. It's all about neatness.
B!
Old 16 May 2012, 20:06   #1153
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
That should not happen. Both Vesalia and AmigaKit requested shipping of the first pre-orders in "bulk" in order to save shipping cost (these days parcel services charge for volume, not so much for weight).

"bulk" means that boxes were shipped flat and the contents were wrapped in protective foil only, which saves lots of space. It does NOT mean that any of the contents were omitted; all contents were shipped to resellers in full quantity. Only one exception: The shipment to AmigaKit was made before the English manual was available, and the agreement was that they will print the manual when packing the flickerfixers. According to tracking, the English manual was available before the first shipment arrived in Cardiff.

You've all paid the same price, and you all deserve the retail packing, as it is part of the product. I can see that prices in auction houses are higher if the original packing is included and in good shape. Please contact your reseller if you did not get the retail packing. Also, please think economically: don't just request the box, but keep your request on file until you order next time. It would be a waste to ship an empty box, and the thought of "community" includes not to insist on your right, but also to view things from the other side. Vesalia and AmigaKit are part of the community, so please think and act economically, so they can continue their support for all of us.

Jens
Whoops!

Sorry Jens/Amigakit, it wasn't meant to be taken 'seriously' as it did come in a 'box' just not an Indi box. I did indeed get what I paid for, including the manual, so Amigakit did a fantastic job of getting that sorted and delivered so just don't take my comment too seriously Also, Amigakit do not need to explain why it was shipped like it was, the main thing is it arrived, it works and it rocks!!
Old 16 May 2012, 21:21   #1154
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Whoops!

Sorry Jens/Amigakit, it wasn't meant to be taken 'seriously' as it did come in a 'box' just not an Indi box. I did indeed get what I paid for, including the manual, so Amigakit did a fantastic job of getting that sorted and delivered so just don't take my comment too seriously Also, Amigakit do not need to explain why it was shipped like it was, the main thing is it arrived, it works and it rocks!!
If I recall, amigakit answered the box question over on Amibay.
Some people commenting here also talked in same thread, but have'nt posted here with regards to why it was shipped like that.
Old 16 May 2012, 21:34   #1155
desiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
If I recall, amigakit answered the box question over on Amibay.
Some people commenting here also talked in same thread, but have'nt posted here with regards to why it was shipped like that.
Did you mean this link:
http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php...240#post306240

desiv
Old 16 May 2012, 21:40   #1156
BarryB
Amigaholic

FOL, forget it mate, it's only a box
Old 16 May 2012, 22:25   #1157
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yep, it's only a box, and all are the same. I have 4 I think, all the same.

Amigakit I've heard some things about the sales (that's why I ask), and that kind of things make people wonder if you've sold so much that you have to search for boxes.
I know no seller likes numbers, so I just would like to know if it's going:

"What are they waiting for?"
"As expected"
"More than expected" or
"Incredible, we can close the shop now"

Last edited by Retrofan; 17 May 2012 at 00:25.
Old 16 May 2012, 23:53   #1158
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiv View Post
Yep, ta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
FOL, forget it mate, it's only a box
Its ok, was just saying it was already answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Yep, it's only a box, and all are the same. I have 4 I think, all the same.

Amigakit I've heard some things about the sales (that's why I ask), and that kind of things make people wonder if you've sold too much that you have to search for boxes.
I know no seller likes numbers, so I just would like to know if it's going:

"What are they waiting for?"
"As expected"
"More than expected" or
"Incredible, we can close the shop now"
lol, the last one would be great, maybe alter to "Incredible, we can now retire to some exotic country".
I dont do numbers, Im just a solder junkie, .
Old 17 May 2012, 00:29   #1159
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
I dont do numbers, Im just a solder junkie, .
Ok, ok, then you are:
"What do i do know?"
"Tired"
"When are we closing?" or
"Come on, pay me more !!"

?
Old 17 May 2012, 00:51   #1160
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Ok, ok, then you are:
"What do i do know?"
"Tired"
"When are we closing?" or
"Come on, pay me more !!"

?
All the above, lol.
Ok, lets leave this now as we going off topic.