English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 07 May 2012, 21:58   #901
DonAmiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnim View Post
hi guys has anyone noticed how hot they get i know they have 3 regulators on well i think they are, been trying mine today for a few hours
I had mine on the last couple of day at least 6hrs and mines is fitted with the case screwed shut
Old 07 May 2012, 22:00   #902
diablothe2nd

Has anyone tried the 3 core updates yet?

i was a bit put off by the risk to my monitor. although it's lcd not crt so not sure of the danger.
Old 07 May 2012, 22:06   #903
DonAmiga

No yet, is it just a case of putting them on to disk and booting them up? I'm not sure how to so will leave it till I know
Old 07 May 2012, 22:08   #904
duga

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonAmiga View Post
No yet, is it just a case of putting them on to disk and booting them up? I'm not sure how to so will leave it till I know
I'm sure you should stay away from doing it.
Old 07 May 2012, 22:11   #905
diablothe2nd

so we're still waiting for the user friendly updates so we can get it working on the more picky lcd's like all 6 of mine in the house? :/
Old 07 May 2012, 22:11   #906
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

i have tried them they do move the screen over great for pal/nstc but as jens said the HighGFX, HD720 and XTREME are cut off on the left

well i dont know about XTREME none of the three lcds work with it

im using highgfx shires laced on a dell 1708 fpb and that looks great dvi to vga, dvi gives banding

i also have tried the hd720 on my dell2409 with dvi to hdmi adapter thats great

Last edited by johnim; 07 May 2012 at 22:29.
Old 07 May 2012, 22:13   #907
diablothe2nd

sorry for quickly posting before getting an answer to my previous question (about to watch a tv show about to air :P )

if i choose HD720, does that mean software needing PAL (games etc) wont display?
Old 07 May 2012, 22:16   #908
p@rity

I installed my 1200 ff this morning... Upgraded to the latest core and added a heatsink to Alice as recommended. The system runs standard PAL hi-res (not super high res) using the DVI port.

It seems to run games fine, but after a few hours the workbench icons start to get some distortions. One time the screen suddenly 'flipped' into a weird mode where horizontal lines appeared and the clock (ACA accelerator) jumped a day and a few hours ahead. After a soft reset everything went back to normal (even the clock) for a while. After a bit more testing, the system started hanging (power led blinking) and gurus were starting to appear. The system worked fine with the ACA accellerator by itself, but the WB was never in High Res.

I'll work thru the issues with the vendor, but was wondering if anyone else has seen this?
Old 07 May 2012, 22:26   #909
Ech0

So this is my experience so far!.. I installed Indivision last friday and connected one of my DVI-monitors. NO picture displayed, "out of sync". So I tried another one, same result, and finally my projector with DVI/HDMI-adapter, same result.

So I picked a monitor which has VGA connector and used standard DVI/VGA-adapter. The monitor light up and displayed the screen nicely. Tried a couple of VGA-connected monitors, all TFT/LCD and every single VGA-connected monitor worked.

Though, I got some "vertical" lines, which probably has something to do with alignment or something. This is a common problem with FlickerFixers that is not correctly tuned to match a monitor. I guess this problem will be fixed.

I've tried to flash with the files distributed by Joerg this thread. I still got no luck with DVI (neither of the trial-cores works with DVI). 71mhz_PAL_NTSC works nicely, with VGA-connected monitors, but I got some strange graphical bugs on icons etc. I am back with the original flash again.

Anyway, its a nice product, quite easy to install .. I will go to a 2nd hand-store tomorrow to try to find a nice CRT-monitor to play with.

- Greets!

Last edited by Ech0; 07 May 2012 at 22:48.

Old 07 May 2012, 22:29   #910
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

to change cores run the flasher program

(backup origional core and config) you get a requester to save to name it origonal

then with the same prog

click flash core
you get a warning saying you will lose previous settings press yes
a requester comes up to find flash then click ok
it takes a few seconds
the output goes black and new screen shows

and thats it

you can use overscan to make tiny adjustments
Old 07 May 2012, 22:39   #911
amigakit.com

@weiju

Thanks for the order. Glad it arrived safely with FedEx.
Old 07 May 2012, 23:10   #912
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

i have put a small fan over indy as it gets to hot and im getting glitches too
Old 07 May 2012, 23:26   #913
p@rity

Quote:
Did that help you? I did notice the machine was warmer than usual... and it's at least 25 celcius in the room (saving energy with the airco).

I have another machine I am trying at the moment to see if it makes any difference. So far, so good.
Old 07 May 2012, 23:35   #914
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

it seems to be helping
Old 07 May 2012, 23:38   #915
Riempie
Amiga freak

Well, I received my package today. 2x Indivision A1200, MAS player evolution, and boingball mouse I even got an amiga future magazine for free Am I the only one who got this? Or is it because I've spend so much money on amiga hardware the last 2 years? Thx Amigakit!

So I immediately installed the indivision in my AT A1200 (with a dvi-hdmi adapter), rev 2b motherboard, aca 56mhz and 4gb cf hd. I was overwhelmed by the great picture! Amazing! Then I started a WHDload game. All games crashed after a few seconds. I forgot to connect the grounding cable, so I connected this and fired up the amiga again. Upper RF-shield still off.. Everything went smooth now.... for about half an hour... I experience the same issues like p@arity. The workbench icons get distorted and then after a while random crashes. I had these issues before even without the indivision but I already solved this by placing a small heatsink on Alice. But now these issues are back Placing more heatsinks is not an option. The heat seems to be the problem though.

I still need to modify the upper rf shield and put this back on which may fix these issues. But the amiga ran fine without it before so I doubt this will solve anything.

Is it ok btw to have the cf-hd (also bought from amigakit) lying on top of the indivision? The cf-hd has some nice plastic and glue-like stuff underneath so I guess this should not be any problem.

If this doesn't help then I'll test the second indivision on 1 of my other 3 A1200's to see which one will be stable. This will take a lot of time

But I must say the product looks very nice, so I would like to thank Jens for making this possible.
Old 07 May 2012, 23:42   #916
Riempie
Amiga freak

Quote:
A small fan inside a desktop A1200? Is this possible? If so I would be interested to know what kind of fan and how to connect this.
Old 07 May 2012, 23:45   #917
p@rity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riempie View Post
Well, I received my package today. 2x Indivision A1200, MAS player evolution, and boingball mouse I even got an amiga future magazine for free Am I the only one who got this? Or is it because I've spend so much money on amiga hardware the last 2 years? Thx Amigakit!

So I immediately installed the indivision in my AT A1200 (with a dvi-hdmi adapter), rev 2b motherboard, aca 56mhz and 4gb cf hd. I was overwhelmed by the great picture! Amazing! Then I started a WHDload game. All games crashed after a few seconds. I forgot to connect the grounding cable, so I connected this and fired up the amiga again. Upper RF-shield still off.. Everything went smooth now.... for about half an hour... I experience the same issues like p@arity. The workbench icons get distorted and then after a while random crashes. I had these issues before even without the indivision but I already solved this by placing a small heatsink on Alice. But now these issues are back Placing more heatsinks is not an option. The heat seems to be the problem though.

I still need to modify the upper rf shield and put this back on which may fix these issues. But the amiga ran fine without it before so I doubt this will solve anything.

Is it ok btw to have the cf-hd (also bought from amigakit) lying on top of the indivision? The cf-hd has some nice plastic and glue-like stuff underneath so I guess this should not be any problem.

If this doesn't help then I'll test the second indivision on 1 of my other 3 A1200's to see which one will be stable. This will take a lot of time

But I must say the product looks very nice, so I would like to thank Jens for making this possible.
Did you also install the "Trial1_71MHz_PAL_NTSC" core?
Old 07 May 2012, 23:53   #918
Riempie
Amiga freak

No, I haven't tried a different core. Why? Could this help or is it just the one you are using which also causes problems?
Old 08 May 2012, 00:12   #919
p@rity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riempie View Post
No, I haven't tried a different core. Why? Could this help or is it just the one you are using which also causes problems?
Nope, that's the one I am running with. Although the quality of the picture is extremely good with this particular core, this one machine does have garbled icons, missing icons and crashes. With my other machine, which also has an ACA (faster version too), I have not seen any issues in High Res. However, this machine runs into problems when I run anything higher than High Res. The issues seem different though... nothing with the icons, but more with the mouse pointer and parts of the screen itself. This second machine also has a cooling element on Alice. I'll try a machine with a blizzard next...
Old 08 May 2012, 00:20   #920
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

im using a blizzard 1230 mkiv with mine running screen res

highgfx:superhigh res laced 1024 x 768 on a viewsonic vp201s max res 1600 x 1200