English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 11 October 2023, 23:44   #1
Threader

[DEV][WIP]E-UAE 0.8.29 meged with P-UAE, update of E-UAE-PPC-JIT in mind

Good evening, I wrote this post on the phone and clicked post but it didn't appear in the forums, so trying again:

I'm looking for collaborators on this project I started about a year ago or so, I extracted the unreleased E-UAE 0.8.29 from E-UAE-PPC-JIT with the goal of updating that and gaining all the features from P-UAE with as many changes from E-UAE 0.8.29 as I can possibly spot. I just got it compiling a few hours ago and the amount of compiler warnings to work trough before It should run are staggering, I'm sure there are someone who could tell me I'm dead wrong in places, It doesn't help that I let it ferment for a year before picking it up again so I'll need to sift trough everything in new light. I got wind there were some activity around e-uae a year or so ago specifically for Amiga OS4 using the compositor there which should be interesting. Anyone?

Project sources live here: https://github.com/threader/PUAE/tre...--p-uae/v2.1.0

Last edited by Threader; 12 October 2023 at 09:51.
Old 06 January 2024, 00:12   #2
Threader

Now boots to workbench, from floppy, though not usable, cursor sprite is missing and it's running waaay too fast, the second led counter tops out at 999 after the kickstart is loaded, so I guess the timing is off somewhere, filesystem isn't quite fixed yet so I can't mount a folder, that would be unsafe and probably eat files if it did continue. In a basic configuration of 2 meg chip and the rest default, adding fastmem of any sort doesn't work yet, includes p96. Not too bad for something I thought would be another few months out still before I saw a kick screen and considering the state of some things. I've not tested JIT because I'd need to add i386 multiarch to an already loaded/bloated system, i added an --enable-m32 option to the configure script for building a 32bit jittable UAE, it builds, that's all I know.

Last edited by Threader; 06 January 2024 at 00:27.