English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 25 November 2008, 13:05   #1
laser
Banned

Playstation CD compilation

Im looking for a program to compile your own PSX cd
For example I want copy some files from a damaged CD to create a new iso and then make that CD self booteable on the PSX

something like the program ISOCD for the CD32 compilation but I look for one for the Playstation

any recommendation?
Old 25 November 2008, 14:10   #2
musashi5150
move.w #$4489,$dff07e

Don't know a magic all-in-one program, sorry. But it really isn't hard as long as you burn the image in the right format.

You will need a licensing tool to make the disc bootable. Something like HitLice (http://hitmen.c02.at/html/psx_tools.html) would do nicely.

If you've already got the SYSTEM.CFG file from the damaged disc and the all the data files then it should be easy.
Old 25 November 2008, 14:29   #3
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Why don't you just get ISO of the damaged CD??
Old 25 November 2008, 17:05   #4
OddbOd

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser View Post
any recommendation?
PSx CD-Gen or psxisomaker both available here. I would also suggest you get a copy of loser's demomenu from Megagames and have a read through the documentation as it contains some things you should know about PSX ISOs - disc mode, recommended iso size, filename restrictions, path depth etc.

As long as the game has no CDDA or XA tracks then remastering the disc is usually straight-forward however there are exceptions and some games will fail to run if the layout is not exactly like the original. The main reason for this is because they use LBA addressing to locate their data files rather than the CD's TOC, PSx CD-Gen can deal with this by importing a tree list file created by ISOBuster from the original CD, it shouldn't matter if the file contents are damaged as long as the TOC is OK you should be able to reuse the layout info.

Rest assured that it's not as difficult as I'm making it sound

@musashi: Surely you mean SYSTEM.CNF
Old 25 November 2008, 17:21   #5
musashi5150
move.w #$4489,$dff07e

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddbOd View Post
@musashi: Surely you mean SYSTEM.CNF
Bah!
Old 25 November 2008, 22:06   #6
prowler
Global Moderator

Hi laser,

Sound information above from OddbOd.

I compiled this message before I read the latest posts, but I'll post it anyway, because too much help is better than none.

Download CDGEN 3.0 from this site:
http://sksapps.com/index.php?page=mis.html

Don't be tempted to download the earlier version below it; any ISO format images it creates will be corrupt.

CDGEN 3.0 will let you drag and drop the files from your damaged CD into a new volume and will then create a Playstation format ISO image for you.

You will still need the licensing tool, HitLice, suggested by musashi5150 above, to make the ISO image bootable.

The resulting image can be burned to a new disc with any tool which handles ISO images (CDRWin, for example).

Good luck.
Old 26 November 2008, 10:49   #7
laser
Banned

thanks guys for the info

sincerely I want to recompile the game "Wild 9" and other games that I have
OK
Wild 9 have cdda tracks but some tracks are damaged, files are ok....so I have downloaded new cdda tracks in mp3 format and I want to recompile a new cd mage

first I tryed psxisomaker......(thanks OddbOd) I selected the files,created a new iso.....the game starts to boot ....menu appears ...then it crash....I think it looks for the cdda tracks or the new iso created is not OK

then I tryed cdgen and psxcdgen....created a new iso....the game even doesn't boot

new suggestions?

btw,another question ...which tool I need to add cdda tracks to psx isos?...for ex to create CD32 isos I use Sega cue maker and works great
will this tool work?
Old 26 November 2008, 12:21   #8
Fingerlickin_B
Amiga Nut

I have a question...

KitLice, it runs from a DOS shell in Windows XP, but doesn't seem to do anything, the shell just closes once you input the file location & the ISO once burned does not boot on a PS2.

Does KitLice need to be run in REAL DOS to work (as opposed to a shell in Windows)?

PZ.
Old 26 November 2008, 13:24   #9
OddbOd

Quote:
then I tryed cdgen and psxcdgen....created a new iso....the game even doesn't boot
Sounds like you forgot to license it with HitLice, psxisomaker has licensing builtin so that's why you got further with it. As for adding audio tracks there's no need to be fancy just use the cuesheet from redump.org. If you can't get it going there's a working copy on snesorama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingerlickin_B View Post
HitLice, it runs from a DOS shell in Windows XP, but doesn't seem to do anything, the shell just closes once you input the file location & the ISO once burned does not boot on a PS2.
If you don't get a message that says "ISO-File is now licensed. Courtesy of HITMEN 1997." then it didn't work. Are you definitely using a raw bin image? (i.e. bin/cue set where the cue indicates MODE2/2352 for track 1)

I just tried a quick rip & rebuild (sans audio) of Ridge Racer using PSx CD-Gen/HitLice and the disc works fine. To double check, open your bin file with ISOBuster and using the sector viewer go to LBA 4, the text at the beginnng of the sector should read "Licensed by Hitmen PlayStation Division 1997".
Quote:
Does HitLice need to be run in REAL DOS to work (as opposed to a shell in Windows)?
Nope.
Old 26 November 2008, 13:38   #10
Fingerlickin_B
Amiga Nut

Quote:
If you don't get a message that says "ISO-File is now licensed. Courtesy of HITMEN 1997." then it didn't work. Are you definitely using a raw bin image? (i.e. bin/cue set where the cue indicates MODE2/2352 for track 1)
Nope, I thought it worked with .ISO images...clearly I was wrong.

What application should I be using to create bin/cue files? Sorry, I know how to write them, but don't know what app creates them...me dumb!

PZ.

Last edited by Fingerlickin_B; 26 November 2008 at 14:50.
Old 26 November 2008, 17:22   #11
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Nope, I thought it worked with .ISO images...clearly I was wrong.

What application should I be using to create bin/cue files?
Try ISO2RAW.EXE from this site:
http://patou.no-ip.com:1180/Download/ToolsWin/dao4032/
(It's part of the CDRWin package.)

BTW, CDGEN 3.0 also produces bin/cue files directly or will convert iso to raw (bin/cue).

Last edited by prowler; 26 November 2008 at 20:26. Reason: Added info.
Old 26 November 2008, 17:37   #12
laser
Banned

Quote:
Sounds like you forgot to license it with HitLice, psxisomaker has licensing builtin so that's why you got further with it. As for adding audio tracks there's no need to be fancy just use the cuesheet from redump.org. If you can't get it going there's a working copy on snesorama.
thanks again OddbOd

I visited snesorama...there is the NTSC version but I want the PAL version cause it's M5
btw, I have checked on redump.org and I have downloaded cdda tracks but from the NTSC version of the game...

The NTSC version contains 14 cdda tracks but the PAL version contains 15...

that's really rare.....
so I need the cdda from the PAl version
I surrender by now...thx
Old 26 November 2008, 23:27   #13
Fingerlickin_B
Amiga Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
CDGEN 3.0 also produces bin/cue files directly or will convert iso to raw (bin/cue).
Cool!

PZ.
Old 22 December 2008, 13:40   #14
OddbOd

Quote:
I want the PAL version cause it's M5
I have managed to get hold of the full PAL version if you still want it and also created a rip that packs down to only 8MB, PM me if you are interested.
Quote:
The NTSC version contains 14 cdda tracks but the PAL version contains 15...

that's really rare.....
Now that I have Wild 9 the explanation is very simple, track 16 is a dummy track, nothing but the sweet sound of silence!