English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 14 September 2012, 20:28   #1
N-Ed

My A1200 build

Hi!

Will be do a re-hack of my 1200. Just finished what I had intended to be the final version of my 1200, but since I like projects I'm redoing it. Will upload some pics tomorrow and then at every stage of the build.

What I currently have:
A1200 rev2B
Bliz 1230 MKIV 128mb
Indi Mk2 with DVI out
3.1 Roms and CWB 3.9
"External" CF-HD รก la Kipper
HxC floppy emulator
Micromys v3
A500 brick
2 PSX-> DB9 adapters
Swedish keyboard

The plan is roughly:
  • Design new desktop case for mb. Will be done in TurboCAD or similar(14years since I used CAD, can't really remember how it worked hehe). Order said case since I'm not equiped to build it myself...
  • Machine is feeling a wee bit hot, so I'll be installing 1-2 quite Noctua 80mm NF-R8 PWM fans, will run these on 1300rpm.
  • Will be using the micromys inside the case, and will be making a USB-in for the mouse.
  • Planing to do the same as above with Lyra2, plus get a Ducky keyboard when I find a "good" deal
  • Since the Micromys will occupy one of the DB9 inputs I'll place two mouse/joystick switches inside the case and make 3 DB9 inputs(hopefully the switch can handle 2 joysticks). This will let me have a mouse + psx controller connected to input1 and a psx-controller + a arcadestick connected to input2, sweet! Thought about PSX input on the backside of the case, but it didn't feel right!
  • A500-brick is old, so I'll put in Steadmans PicoPSU solution. Will be using 120W PicoPSU and 90W brick. Classic Flip switch on the front of the case (1).
  • Kipper2K HDMI-out for the Indi.
  • Will place HxC interface on the front face of the case.
  • The metal A1200 sticker will be transplanted from the 1200 case to the new case, and will add Boing ball sticker from AmigaKit.
  • Might relocate PCMCIA input to the back of the machine, since the PCMICA-CF adapter or Network card sticks out uglyish from the side right now.
  • Recap of MB to be done at some date by AmigaKit or somewhere else.
I think that is it for now, jesus it was alot wasn't it?
Have one question for now though, related to (1) above:
I'm really shit at electronics, will this flip switch work with PicoPSU 90 or 120W solution? https://www.elfa.se/elfa3~eu_en/elfa...5-275-02&toc=0 that plus a red knob and the face plate for it would look awesome me thinks

Cheers!

Last edited by N-Ed; 15 September 2012 at 15:18. Reason: Changed to bulleted list. Makes it more readable IMHO.
Old 15 September 2012, 14:43   #2
N-Ed

The machine right now!

Some stuff for the build, and some misc stuff. Still waiting for PicoPSU, mouse/joystick switches etc.
Old 15 September 2012, 14:54   #3
hooverphonique
ex. demoscener "Bigmama"

the switch will handle 1500W according to those specs, so you will be fine - you will need to put it on the high voltage side, though, but that was probably your plan anyway :-)
Old 15 September 2012, 15:01   #4
N-Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooverphonique View Post
the switch will handle 1500W according to those specs, so you will be fine - you will need to put it on the high voltage side, though, but that was probably your plan anyway :-)
Ok, meget tak Just for clarification, do you mean that I should put it on the live wire just after the 12V input jack belonging to the Pico? See I don't really have detailed plans in my head yet, need to gather all the hardware I want and then put up a plan Like the fans I bought yesterday, I have no idea how to feed them... But that will probably sort it self out when I see how a PicoPSU looks in real life

1 step at a time, and right now learning CAD is a big step

Last edited by N-Ed; 16 September 2012 at 18:40.
Old 20 September 2012, 10:14   #5
hooverphonique
ex. demoscener "Bigmama"

Ahh, sorry.. didn't realize the pico had a 12V input and not a 230V one.. The switch will not handle the amps at 12V.. It will handle the 230V side of things, though.. any chance of using it to switch your mains psu?
Old 24 September 2012, 15:47   #6
N-Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooverphonique View Post
Ahh, sorry.. didn't realize the pico had a 12V input and not a 230V one.. The switch will not handle the amps at 12V.. It will handle the 230V side of things, though.. any chance of using it to switch your mains psu?
Nah, I'd like the powerswitch in the case. I'll try to fins find another toggle at Elfa or Conrad that can handle the Volts an Amps.
Thanks for your help!