English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Home Projects > project.EAB

Old 26 April 2002, 21:05   #1
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Gameboy Advance Section

The GBA is growing and exploding. Our fave games from the 16 bit age are being ported to it. I see threads about it all over the place. lets dedicate a section to it. Or I will be angry.
Old 26 April 2002, 21:10   #2
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

All the Bitmap Bros classics are being GBA'd
WHOOO HOOOOO! :bounce
Old 26 April 2002, 23:18   #3
enigma

Well, I don't think a GBA section fits in EAB. Maybe GBA fans should create a site of their own... but no way like this cool board here. Praise the EAB

Old 26 April 2002, 23:34   #4
RCK
Administrator

the prob is I'm also one GBA addicts
I can't judge !

Please launch one poll fred
Old 27 April 2002, 03:10   #5
RocketMack

The GBA is, indeed, the hottest new system out there. I haven't seen this much fever over a new device since, dare I say it, the Amiga...

There's just something unique about the direction the software for it is going in. It seems retro and modern at the same time and you can hold it all in the palm of your hand. I'm wondering what new gizmos and apps they'll come up with: a miniature computer keyboard maybe? Or possibly a portable DVD/VCR hook-up?

And watching the old Cinemaware, Bitmap Brothers, and etc. software come back to life with Amiga quality graphics is a real charge and a tribute to their timeless quality.

I agree with Fred. A forum here watching it's evolution would be IMHO most welcome...

Old 27 April 2002, 05:57   #6
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Well, from what I've been hearing up lately, the next "cool" thing on GBA will be a 3D Chip, to make 3D games for the GBA...

I dunno if that's true , but if it is.... I guess it will be the end for the GBA

and I am against a section for it here. EAB is should be about Amiga and commodore stuff, and while most of us talk about other machines (I talk about the MSX a lot ), I think a section for other machine is a little too far.
Old 27 April 2002, 08:17   #7
Drake1009

Well i don't know about the graphics chip but I know they already have a 3d engine pretty far on it.

And here it is : http://www.raylight.it/blueroses.htm
Old 30 April 2002, 22:41   #8
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Well Shatterhand, I respect your opinion. But lets agree that we here all love new 16 bit titles as well as classic titles.
Being that there are hundreds of new Game Boy Advance games out this year, and maybe a handful of new Amiga/Atari St etc commercial games produced for the same period, it would be acceptable to dedicate a small section in the "General Discussion"
section to the GBA. Remember, many of the new games coming out for it are rehashes or sequels to classic amiga titles.
Old 30 April 2002, 22:50   #9
Ian
Global Moderator

Yes, but you then run the risk of this becoming the centre for rom traders to spread there warez.

Do we really need this element here??

It probably wouldn't happen this way, but it COULD happen, I suppose RCK has to run the risk and not us so it's his choice, personally, I think we don't need one.
Old 01 May 2002, 01:47   #10
RCK
Administrator

All the amiga game which will be converted to the gba will have some GBA screenshots & comments into the HOL, what do you need more ?
(and yes, the search engine will let you to find them )
Old 01 May 2002, 05:49   #11
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Well, I don't care about having a GBA thread here, like we have a MSX thread, and a Spectrum thread. A section it would be a little too far IMO.

But I haven't see many people saying what they want.
Old 01 May 2002, 06:55   #12
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Question

I have to agree with Ian & his thoughts on this. Where do we go next if people want a dedicated PS2 section, or X-box,or C64 etc.?
I think RCK's already done a great job with the current setup so if you want to talk about a current gaming trend, then it's already available.
But as Ian said you might run the risk of gaining members who in turn would detail "warez" sites,which would be unfortunate. Do you really want to run the risk of some more "M*rz a**cks" coming onto EAB again?