English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 10 January 2017, 07:08   #1
tooki41

Track2File need help

Hallo, i find software to ripping files from ADF NDOS files like in the subject "Track2File" but don`t know how to operate it. I will describe the example of what I did. I add that I used it in WinUAE. First i mount in WinUae floppy disk file Lotus 2.adfin DF1:, after that i run the Track2File and click "Disk Read"

Then i click Search, software ask where i want save the file i choose and this is result(sorry about screenshot something save wrong)

Next screenshot is my preferences.

Here files saved by Track2file.

And here my questions:
1.For example file Lotus 2.adf.001, whether it is an image file, sound may be some other, as it to distinguish, may hex editor are any tips or other text software?
2. Is everything in the preferences I set well, which is a converter and must use "Normal" maybe other. What which other settings is good like in my screenshot?

For help thank you in advance.

Regards

Old 10 January 2017, 07:55   #2
demolition
Unregistered User

A hex editor might very well give you some hints on what the format is. Usually you will find some identifiers at the beginning, like 'ILBM' for pictures. In Windows, I like to use HxD as the editor.
Old 10 January 2017, 11:05   #3
Tomislav

I use HxD, too.

Also use WinVi. It's text/HEX editor.
Old 10 January 2017, 11:46   #4
AMIGASYSTEM

On Amiga OS there's the excellent Editor Hex "Filex" or good old "Azap".

@ tooki41
The screenhot It has a too large resolution and you can not read well the discussion, thank you
Old 11 January 2017, 06:20   #5
mailman
Zone Friend

You did everything fine. Now it is your job to figure which file contains what. Like others said ILBM header may suggest that the file is IFF picture. I can add that searching for strings like M.K will assure you that the file is a Protracker module. However some music files might be in different format. EaglePlayer will come in handy to recognise them. After couple of different atempts with different games you srart recognising sound files, music files or executable files just by looking at them. Remember also that some files may be hidden inside others or they can be packed inside others. You may need to investigate such files further with tools from XAD package.
Old 12 January 2017, 02:29   #6
tooki41

Thank you guys for your help, I was able to just rip my first music using Pro-Wizard 2.20 and play it with a windows program ModPlug Player, and fun as 20 years ago when I had an Amiga 500 . I know if I am a complete layman, but I see that your forum is the many helpful topics and users knowledge a lot and they help others. Once again, thanks for the information for sure'll try programs that you recommend.

Cheers

@ mailman
Your post is very helpful

@AMIGASYSTEM
sorry about screenshot resolution, next time i change it for smaller

Old 12 January 2017, 18:27   #7
mai

A bit late, but i would also recommend
www.aminet.net/util/misc/XoXo.zip
and/or
www.psi5.com/~silva/afilter/afilter114.lha
Both requires xfd, xfr packages installed for best results, if so, both can recognize pictures, anims, musics inside packed files!