English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 04 April 2016, 12:30   #1
cmsj

Rys MkII mouse speed

Hey

I've got a Rys MkII and a cheap Logitech wireless mouse. It works, but I'd like to change the tracking speed. According to the manual, I should press the Bootloader button on the MkII and then click left/right mouse buttons to change the speed, but nothing seems to happen - the mouse clicks go through to the Amiga as normal.

Has anyone managed to get this to work?

Cheers,
Chris
Old 04 April 2016, 13:53   #2
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Just had a try with mine. Press the bootloader button, (I had to find a bit of wire that was thick enough to go through the hole and press the button without missing the button altogether)

I had to click the R mouse button until the light stopped flashing to get it slow enough.

4 blinks – tracking speed change (This didn't happen on mine, only blinks when pressing L/R buttons)

Last edited by Arnie; 04 April 2016 at 14:31.
Old 04 April 2016, 19:05   #3
cmsj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
Just had a try with mine. Press the bootloader button, (I had to find a bit of wire that was thick enough to go through the hole and press the button without missing the button altogether)

I had to click the R mouse button until the light stopped flashing to get it slow enough.

4 blinks – tracking speed change (This didn't happen on mine, only blinks when pressing L/R buttons)
Does the light on yours start flashing as soon as you press the bootloader button? I don't seem to get any kind of flashing from mine. I'm sure the bootloader button works though, because I used it a few days ago to update to the latest firmware.
Old 04 April 2016, 21:15   #4
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsj View Post
Does the light on yours start flashing as soon as you press the bootloader button? I don't seem to get any kind of flashing from mine. I'm sure the bootloader button works though, because I used it a few days ago to update to the latest firmware.
No, no flashing. After the button is pressed then the mouse buttons don't register in WB, but instead make the led flash once when pressed.

I think that the tracking change speed is not working 100% as I've managed to get it to go slower in the past, but it seems to have one speed now, regardless of the mouse button presses.

I need to find an A+A usb cable. I notice that there is a new firmware update, so I'll try that next.
Old 04 April 2016, 21:28   #5
cmsj

Quote:
No, no flashing. After the button is pressed then the mouse buttons don't register in WB, but instead make the led flash once when pressed.

I think that the tracking change speed is not working 100% as I've managed to get it to go slower in the past, but it seems to have one speed now, regardless of the mouse button presses.

I need to find an A+A usb cable. I notice that there is a new firmware update, so I'll try that next.
Hmm, ok, thanks. It definitely doesn't seem to be working right for me, I get no flashes and clicks go through to WB. I'm on the latest firmware.
Old 04 April 2016, 21:37   #6
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

You could try contacting the author (Is it Spidi?)
http://retro.7-bit.pl/?lang=en&go=kontakt
Old 05 April 2016, 20:42   #7
strim
NetBSD developer

Quote:
You could try contacting the author (Is it Spidi?)
http://retro.7-bit.pl/?lang=en&go=kontakt
Yes, he's "Spidi" here on EAB. He's a cool chap, very helpful, mail or PM him!
Old 30 July 2017, 18:58   #8
Spacemonkey

I had the same problem, fixed it by flashing to the C64 firmware then back to the latest amiga firmware