English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 21 September 2012, 12:22   #21
deicidal
Registered Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
The game defaults to NTSC. See code above.
Very strange, I have shoved the dodgy version I just did in the zone, only played it as far as level 2 but it seems full screen in winuae. I expect its me missing something.
Old 21 September 2012, 14:55   #22
Vollldo

Yes it is strange, the PAL selection works with the IPF version even with a buggy code if i understood rightly. I would be curious to know what happens with the original disk on a PAL A500, so if someone owns the original disk (denis maybe ???).

StingRay is the piece of code above from the IPF or the WOW disk ? Interesting to compare both if ever they are different.

Old 21 September 2012, 15:02   #23
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by deicidal View Post
Very strange, I have shoved the dodgy version I just did in the zone, only played it as far as level 2 but it seems full screen in winuae. I expect its me missing something.
NTSC=60Hz, i.e. not fullscreen. Can't find any difference in your version to the "normal" WOW crack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vollldo View Post
Yes it is strange, the PAL selection works with the IPF version even with a buggy code if i understood rightly. I would be curious to know what happens with the original disk on a PAL A500, so if someone owns the original disk (denis maybe ???).

StingRay is the piece of code above from the IPF or the WOW disk ? Interesting to compare both if ever they are different.
Code is the same in both versions. And it's buggy because it will only work correctly on 68000 machines as it relies on the instruction timing of the "divs" instruction. There are much much better ways to detect PAL/NTSC.
Old 21 September 2012, 15:34   #24
deicidal
Registered Insane

I must have put the wrong one in the zone doh, slightly modified version now in there.
Old 21 September 2012, 15:44   #25
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

But what is this supposed to change? You switch to NTSC but that means that the game will not run in fullscreen mode. PAL = fullscreen, NTSC = 200 lines (i.e. not fullscreen). I guess you misunderstood what Vollldo wants.
Old 21 September 2012, 16:03   #26
Vollldo

@deicidal : Yes i confirm, the goal is to have a cracked version that runs in fullscreen on a PAL A500, i.e. exactly as it has to be. We appreciate a lot your help, so i am sorry if my "so so" english made you misunderstood mate .

I must say that i find very pleasant the possibility to correct this bug. For example, i have the wellknown Amstrad CPC version done by Philippe Pamard that everybody knows. He coded the CRTC to have a vertical fullscreen game area and it is really a blast. However, the game is really too fast (the scrolling offset is 1 byte at each frame, certainly a technical constraint to precisely make it run at 50 fps) and make every human player a bit dizzy lol .

I find the amiga version really well done, more playable and the only thing missing is precisely the correct screen format.

This injustice has to be repaired lol, the game itself deserves it, it is a really nice breakout. I am impatient to enjoy its full potential on a PAL amiga.

Since i don't know how to code for the Amiga (unfortunatly i don't have time to learn, even if my maths mind is attracted a lot by this since always), i can only open threads like this one, i mean to raise ideas that i find interesting for all the amiga community .

It is better than anything, but often i am biting my lips not to be able to contribute in coding ! Quite frustrating .

@StingRay : Your schedule for your amiga activities is going to be craaaazy if you go on at this rythm ! I am sure that you extracted some magical and hidden bytes from the Superfrog disks to learn how to synthetize the "Lucozade" eh eh .

Last edited by Vollldo; 21 September 2012 at 23:08.

Old 21 November 2012, 22:08   #27
Vollldo

Just bought the original disk on ebay, in box with the manual for 5 €, and it is completely fullscreen on my PAL A500 + CRT TV, it changes eeeeverything, very nice !!!

Old 25 January 2017, 22:44   #28
Vollldo

This one never been fixed.
The cracked PAL version is buggy since it is expected to be fullscreen like the original IPF one.
Can someone fix it please so we coule have a proper cracked disc of this very good 50fps breakout !

Old 27 January 2017, 14:07   #29
Vollldo

No one interested to fix the bad PAL detection of the cracked version ?

Old 08 February 2017, 13:55   #30
SyX

Quote:
No one interested to fix the bad PAL detection of the cracked version ?
As always i have not time for making a proper crack, but you can find in The Zone another of my lazy one byte hacks, Titan NTSC will always start in NTSC and Titan PAL will go to PAL.
Enjoy!
Old 08 February 2017, 14:08   #31
honx

how do i play this game? level 1 always repeats after all blocks are destroyed.
Old 08 February 2017, 14:11   #32
DamienD
Global Moderator

Yup, same issue here

Also if using an "ECS Agnus" configuration (which is what I do with the .IPF) the following screens are corrupt:

...and the level never loads afterwards.
Old 08 February 2017, 17:20   #33
SyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by honx View Post
how do i play this game? level 1 always repeats after all blocks are destroyed.
I only tested that the overscan was working, but i never played to the game, sorry.

Now, you can find a fixed version in the Zone where you can go to the next level, hehehe.

@DamienD: I just tested this version in A500+ configuration in WinUAE and i didn't get that graphics corruption... if this version doesn't work, then i will need to make a real crack and not this hack :P
Old 08 February 2017, 17:37   #34
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyX View Post
@DamienD: I just tested this version in A500+ configuration in WinUAE and i didn't get that graphics corruption... if this version doesn't work, then i will need to make a real crack and not this hack :P
Works if I use OCS instead of ECS Agnus (which works with the .IPF)
Old 13 February 2017, 01:13   #35
Vollldo

Tested successfully on my PAL A500 (512Kb chip + 512Kb slow, ECS Agnus). I played the 3 first levels, the title screen and the game are fullscreen.

Last edited by DamienD; 13 February 2017 at 09:59. Reason: As requested by Vollldo...

Old 13 February 2017, 12:05   #36
Vollldo

A cracktro would be nice (if i don't ask too much of course) and a key to skip level too !

Old 13 February 2017, 13:10   #37
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
A cracktro would be nice (if i don't ask too much of course) and a key to skip level too !

You don't ask, you don't get
Old 14 February 2017, 21:18   #38
Vollldo

Quote:
You don't ask, you don't get
I request it so ah ah.