English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 02 February 2011, 12:39   #1
A420X

Hi

Hello everyone, just thought I'd pop in and introduce myself,

I never really left the Amiga, my family's A1200 has gone through every house move with me since I claimed it as my own when I left home and I still get just as much (probably a bit more) fun out of it as I did when I was a kid...

Actually I've been up all night blasting Thargoids in Elite and still get the same rush from it that I did years ago.

Just getting back into the 'scene' as it were and boy is there a lot of infighting going on these days! Personally I get enough of that from Linux forums and you guys all seem pretty level headed ... so I'll just pull up a chair for a bit if that's cool.

Old 02 February 2011, 13:03   #2
seuden
uber cool demi god

Hey A420X, nice introduction! Welcome and please do pull up a chair and enjoy this fine forum.

Is it a standard A1200 you have?
Old 02 February 2011, 13:44   #3
A420X

Thanks Seuden, I think I will

It's a pretty standard A1200, the only modification is a CF card I installed after the ancient 8MB HD gave up the ghost. As soon as I made the switch I wondered why I didn't do it sooner, the speed boost is very nice, although I have to say I do miss the sound of my old drive warming up sometimes

I've been thinking about grabbing an accelerator for it, especially after I saw Amikit's new cards a while ago as I've discovered coding with a standard 2MB machine is next to impossible (unless I'm missing a few tricks, I wasn't much of a coder back in the day although I do remember bashing around blindly in AMOS)

Old 02 February 2011, 15:56   #4
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Hi A420X and welcome to EAB! Enjoy your stay
Old 02 February 2011, 23:48   #5
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by A420X View Post
I never really left the Amiga, my family's A1200 has gone through every house move with me since I claimed it as my own when I left home and I still get just as much (probably a bit more) fun out of it as I did when I was a kid...
Hi A420X, and welcome to EAB!

Hey, didn't you know, that's the best thing about Amigas - they grow on you! In fact, most Amigans find they collect more of them as time goes by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A420X View Post
...you guys all seem pretty level headed ... so I'll just pull up a chair for a bit if that's cool.
Yep, that's cool. But be warned: some of us are not so level headed when we've had a few drinks...
Old 02 February 2011, 23:58   #6
slk486
Registered Looser

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
Hey, didn't you know, that's the best thing about Amigas - they grow on you! In fact, most Amigans find they collect more of them as time goes by.
Yes, you have now been warned

Welcome!