English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 17 May 2012, 11:03   #21
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Nothing wrong in the log (mouse movement deltas are normal looking small values)

Do you have any extra mouse options enabled in gameports panel? (magic mouse or mouse driver)
Old 17 May 2012, 19:21   #22
Turran

Should be all default.
HID-Compliant Mouse (no autofire / default)

Parallell port joystick: none

MOuse extra settings: Speed 100
Magic mouse = not checked.
Install virtual mouse driver = not checked.

Wondering if it has something to do with dual screens. I'll disable one before I go to bed tonight.
Old 18 May 2012, 19:49   #23
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Ok, I guess this means rawinput is working as expected. Time to dig deeper..

Download 2.4.2 beta 2 and add "-inputdevicelog 1" command line parameter. This logs PC to Amiga translated input messages.
Old 19 May 2012, 00:36   #24
Turran

Roger that. Running now.

Edit: Mouse is still stable this morning. Not unusual, so I'll leave it on longer.

Last edited by Turran; 21 May 2012 at 19:50.
Old 19 May 2012, 16:05   #25
Turran

Sadly, I do not think anything strange is happening in the logs this time either. It was not writing to the log when the mouse was warping around and it looked like it wrote OK when I tried to move it manually.

2012-05-19 16:02:16
16-135 [2772118 000-127]: winuae_active(0)

Those are the two lines when it started spazzing out again like a wet dog in a newly cleaned livingroom.
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (10.7 KB, 114 views)
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (63.0 KB, 126 views)
Old 19 May 2012, 16:36   #26
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post
Sadly, I do not think anything strange is happening in the logs this time either. It was not writing to the log when the mouse was warping around and it looked like it wrote OK when I tried to move it manually.

2012-05-19 16:02:16
16-135 [2772118 000-127]: winuae_active(0)

Those are the two lines when it started spazzing out again like a wet dog in a newly cleaned livingroom.
I am starting to wonder if this is caused by some Amiga-side program because log still looks perfectly normal, no strange very quick movements.

Does it happen if you boot without startup-sequence or in early boot menu?
Old 19 May 2012, 21:42   #27
Turran

Lets try that. Running

Edit: Nothing this morning in early boot. Still good after 14 hours. Lets hope this holds so we can blame ClassicWB =)
Edit2: No problems after 23 hours.
Edit3: No problems after close to 40 hours. Thats a new record. I'll leave it on for the night just to make sure =)

Last edited by Turran; 21 May 2012 at 19:50.
Old 22 May 2012, 18:21   #28
Turran

Nope. No problem after a few days in early boot. I guess I should start killing one process at a time until I find the culprit. Mouse accelleration?

HA. Just clicked boot in the early boot sequence and mouse is warping all over the place. So its not how long the amiga has been booted to workbench, its how long its been on. Its only been in early boot since the last post. If I reboot it, its fine both in early boot and in ClassicWB menus (hold left or right mouse button during boot) but starts warping if I load normally. This should make it easier to find whats causing it..

Edit: Selecting only CLI prompt in classicwb boot menu = OK. Running LoadWB from the CLI prompt = OK. Some software then. Just have to pinpoint it.

Edit2: The line that causes it is C:IPrefs in Startup-Sequence. If I remove that from running, mouse is stable. Everything looks like crap, but it works. That file apparently executes all the settings saved in prefs. Some setting in there then...

Ok, starting the amiga without IPrefs and running screenmode. If I select any "Interlaced" Display mode and click "Test", the mouse starts warping. When I get out of the test mode (last 10 seconds), the mouse is solid again. I can select the non Interlaced options and pressing "Test" without problems.

I have no drivers in devs:monitors, so its the default monitor. I tried loading the HighGFX monitor drivers and selecting Super-high Res Lac and the mouse warps again. the "Super-high res" works fine.

If I select, for example, 640 x 256 and unchecking the "Default" tick on "Height" and set it to 512 (which is the interlaced resolution) everything is fine as well. Screen is of course stretched to twice the height, but mouse is stable.

Any ideas what to test? Apparently its the Interlaced settings that something does not like.

Edit again: Did something stupid and it crashed. I'll try the virtual mouse driver and start it again.

Last edited by Turran; 22 May 2012 at 19:55.
Old 24 May 2012, 09:19   #29
Turran

A few days ago, I copied the whole thing on an USB and took it to work. Running the exact same WinUAE config, I have yet to run into any problems here. Its been on for 4 days, interlaced resolution and all.

Must be something with my computer at home. I didnt have any problems at home yet (2 days) with the virtual mouse driver checked though.
Old 24 May 2012, 15:19   #30
Ed Cruse

Quote:
A few days ago, I copied the whole thing on an USB and took it to work. Running the exact same WinUAE config, I have yet to run into any problems here. Its been on for 4 days, interlaced resolution and all.

Must be something with my computer at home. I didnt have any problems at home yet (2 days) with the virtual mouse driver checked though.

I didn't read everything in this thread so you may have tried this. Just for the heck of it, go into the device manager when it's flaking out and force WinUAE to one core and see if that fixes it. AMD is known for having timing problems between the cores but it could also be a problem with other multicore processors like the i7.

This problem isn't exactly the same thing I had but it sure feels like it's related.
Old 24 May 2012, 15:47   #31
Turran

Hehe, thanks Ed. You already wrote that a few posts back in this thread though =) I tried that but made no difference =)
Old 24 May 2012, 16:37   #32
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Can you duplicate it without having any expansions (including harddrives) enabled and booting from standard WB disk?

If it still happens, create statefile, restart emulation and load the state, does the mouse problem start immediately?
Old 24 May 2012, 22:05   #33
Turran

Testing.
Old 25 May 2012, 15:22   #34
Ed Cruse

Quote:
Hehe, thanks Ed. You already wrote that a few posts back in this thread though =) I tried that but made no difference =)
Oh well, it was easy to do and worth a try.
Old 25 May 2012, 16:23   #35
Turran

Mouse just bugged out on a basic A1200 with workbench 3.1 loaded. 2 disk inserted, workbench and extras (to reach screenmode). Set it to interlaced resolution and I just got home and mouse was bugged so no blaming ClassicWB, hehe (Toni goes "damn!").

Created statefile, quit WinUAE, started WinUAE, loaded statefile and pressed Start. WinUAE got right back to where I left it but mouse is NOT bugged out. Everything is fine.

The other one where I installed the virtual mouse driver still has no problems, so that seems to fix it, but I guess you'd like to know the cause. Let me know if you want further testing done.
Old 25 May 2012, 19:25   #36
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Hmm.. Does not make any sense..

First tests confirmed that it isn't rawinput the problem.
Following tests confirmed internal input handling isn't the problem.
It started to point in some weird AmigaOS conflict.
But statefile test proves that it can't be AmigaOS problem either..
Old 25 May 2012, 22:51   #37
Turran

And the fact that I do not notice this on my work computer either, using a copy of existing WinUAE. Weird indeed.
Old 28 May 2012, 10:29   #38
Turran

Hupp. Just got the same reaction on the computer at work...