English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 23 June 2018, 16:32   #1
fluffkitten

Rapid Road + CF issue.

Just bought myself a Rapid Road to install in my A1200. Its a Commodore B2 board that I upgraded with an 8mb card from Analogic and changed the Kiskstarts to 3.1 (Amigakit) and have added a 4gb CF card. I have two different CF adapters, a generic on using a cable and a CF2IDE+, both seem to work fine so long as the Rapid Road is disconnected.

OS is ClassicWB 3.9, haven't even gotten to installing Poseiden yet.

The RR is connected to the clockport via an Amigakit riser as for some reason I have a 40 pin port, its LED lights up at boot and everything appears plugged in correctly.

With the Rapid Road connected my CF either tells me I've checksum errors on all three partitions or says DH0 is non-dos. If I disconnect the RR I can happily boot straight into Workbench. Also I get a nice red software failure occasionally as it tries booting.

Disconnect the CF but with the RR connected and it'll all happily boot from a floppy. Booting from an OS 3.1 floppy with CF connected allows me to see DH0 (although not DH1 and DH2) though still with checksum error.

I can get the early boot menu no matter what, booting with no startup sequence gets me to the Shell, without a floppy I get checksums again.

I'm wondering if there is some conflict between ide and clockport happening, a software problem or something else. Sorry for the length of this, any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

When I reboot Ctrl+LA+RA and click through the checksum errors I'm getting:

C:SetPatch: Error -1
C:SetPatch failed returncode 10

Last edited by fluffkitten; 23 June 2018 at 16:40. Reason: Extra info.
Old 24 June 2018, 19:21   #2
fluffkitten

This starting to drive me batty.

I changed the Os to 3.1 and installed Clasic WB Lite via WinUAE (and then put in the A1200) just in case I was having problem with 3.9 (and to get a speed boost),works no problem without the RR. With the RR I keep getting checkum errors, clicking through "Retry" with those will quickly bring up requester asking me to suspend or reboot as a program has failed. Its not always the same program but it is all things started via startup-sequence.

Rebooting gets a red guru then a requester saying "Not a DOS disk in device DH0".
Old 26 June 2018, 18:43   #3
fluffkitten

It is a conflict with my 8mb memory card from Analogic, remove it a every thing boots fine but of course leaves me without the RAM to run Poseidon. Contemplating an ACA 1221ec.