English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - Gaming

Old 06 January 2020, 20:31   #1
Anubis
Na'vi Gamer

Steering wheel

I never owned steering wheel and now that I have couple interesting racing games I might invest into getting one.

I wonder what others have and have tried and if there is any that is working with PC/XBOX and possible PS4 use.
Old 06 January 2020, 20:50   #2
jmmijo

I've never owned one either, just a fancier Joystick back in the day for the C64 + Amiga was about it for me.
Old 25 March 2020, 19:15   #3
Anubis
Na'vi Gamer

Well, invested and bought one, but will not be delivered before end of next month... probably for good reason, considering that 8 of Amazon warehouse have corona positive staff.

Here is what I've ordered:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 25 March 2020, 20:14   #4
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Well, invested and bought one, but will not be delivered before end of next month... probably for good reason, considering that 8 of Amazon warehouse have corona positive staff.

Here is what I've ordered:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Nice, you did the get the model with the Foot Pedals
Old 25 March 2020, 20:28   #5
Shoonay
Global Caturator

I got the Logitech G920 complete setup (steering weels, breaking pedals, shifter with a wheel stand pro + the shifter addon) a couple of months ago and gotta be frank - it's not for me
Tried Dirt 3, BeamNG.drive, Wreakfest and just don't feel it.
Old 25 March 2020, 20:31   #6
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoonay View Post
I got the Logitech G920 complete setup (steering weels, breaking pedals, shifter with a wheel stand pro + the shifter addon) a couple of months ago and gotta be frank - it's not for me
Tried Dirt 3, BeamNG.drive, Wreakfest and just don't feel it.
The only thing that was close to REAL DRIVING was back in the arcades where the AIO cabinets with the sound and all.

The only thing missing was the motion base
Old 26 March 2020, 02:09   #7
LongLifeA1200

With the right game it can be addicting. Even a crap cheap steering wheel controller is more fun than none at all - but again - it all depends on having the right game.

Can't go wrong with Gran Turismo 5 (you might be able to emulate it on PC or buy it for PS4?). Looking through the classifieds after each race is a lot of fun [they took that feature out of GT6 - the fools!]. It's only downside was that some cars are too expensive and would take a ridiculous amount of time to acquire.

GT5 also has (arguably) the best race car driver training. There are other racing games (some very cheap) but none quite as exciting as GT5's career. I don't know what happened to Kazunori Yamauchi's vision, but he seems to have lost it.

Will there ever be another game like GT5? Probably not, because that takes brains and the games industry doesn't any. They think they do - but they haven't made a game that is actually fun to play in years.