English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 07 August 2010, 17:06   #1
exoticaga

Amiga Rockridge ISO (image creation on windows os)

I don't use any os but xp, read that rockridge gets mixed up on vista with udf. A note for vista or even maybe win7 users to look out for.

Looking Rockridge Mode 1 Form 2 iso images. Just read the blindwrite forum here

Quote:
Q. I'm interested in copying and creating images of old game CD's -- I'm talking 10 years old and older.

A. Mixed mode CDs contain two sessions, one for audio tracks, and the second one for data. ISO images can only contain one session, so it's not possible to create an ISO of a mixed mode CD.
Further i read that ISOBuster and other sites say that iso can hold, and contain many modes, including custom modes if needed.

The needed amiga extra rockridge extensions are 'P' Pure and 'S' Script as mentioned here. Any software reading amiga cds would need to known about this. Also to handle all amiga charcters on windows. Would have to look at windows to do this maybe at low level, if at all possible. This is where i think it would always be better to copy from amiga cd to iso always on the amiga os. Whether it is a dat or data and audio amiga cd.

What are the windows softwares you use to copy amiga cds that have either mode1 or mode 1 form 2.

To test which software and find the best ones on windows os if possible. We would need software or names, the versions numbers if old versions are better than present software. Or has such test been carried out previously, what was the outcome, links !

Do you think testing is needed to find the best windows iso making software. For amiga rockridge mode 1 or mode 1 form 2 cds to ensure perfect 1:1 copies each time ?
Old 07 August 2010, 17:12   #2
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

If you explain what it is you are trying to do then we'll be able to help.

Quote:
What are the windows softwares you use to copy amiga cds that have either mode1 or mode 1 form 2.
Erm all of them?? I've used lots of different bits of software to copy Amiga CD's. Nero (6.6.1.4), DiskJuggler(4.60.1214), Alcohol 120%(1.9.5.4327), CloneCD(5.0.3.1) etc. etc. and they all work. They just duplicate the raw data on the disc regardless.

FYI PSOne titles are (all?) mixed mode CD's (data+CD-audio) so anything which copies those disks will work fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoticaga View Post
Do you think testing is needed to find the best windows iso making software. For amiga rockridge mode 1 or mode 1 form 2 cds to ensure perfect 1:1 copies each time ?
No. Any mature CD/DVD burning software will work fine.

Last edited by alexh; 07 August 2010 at 17:24.
Old 10 August 2010, 06:24   #3
exoticaga

As PS1 + clonecd was a good combination, clonecd then is a good one one to use. From the default clonecd profiles below, which one is the best to use for cd writing, reading or disc2disc copy, mode 1 and mode 1 form 2 cds ?

Cactus Data Shield.ccp
Data CD.ccp
Game CD.ccp
Key2Audio.ccp
Laserlock.ccp
Multimedia Audio CD.ccp
Protect CD.ccp
Protected PC Game.ccp
PSX LibCrypt.ccp
Ring Protech.ccp
Safedisc 1.ccp
Safedisc 2+ AWS.ccp
Safedisc 2+ EWS.ccp
Safedisc 2+.ccp
SecuROM.ccp
VCD and SVCD.ccp
Old 10 August 2010, 09:49   #4
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

No idea. I don't think it matters cos Amiga CD32 (AFAIR) did not have media copy protection.

Try one and see?
Old 10 August 2010, 11:12   #5
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
For Amiga cd, just basic DataCD profile will be enough. Clone cd is overkill anyway, as has already been said, there is no protected amiga cds.

Even PS1 games I used to copy (er.. Backup) with MakeCD, usually after patching with PPF files, but this wasnt required with all games.
Old 10 August 2010, 20:45   #6
exoticaga

Just making sure will get 1:1 copy, becuase the amiga did do it different and copy software would need to account for that.

Atm busy data moving freeing up some big drives, before secure low level formatting them later. Will do this with clonecd later now that i have another old pc dedicated for amiga use, and other virtual systems.

Thanks to you both for the needed info
Old 10 August 2010, 20:58   #7
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoticaga View Post
Just making sure will get 1:1 copy, becuase the amiga did do it different and copy software would need to account for that.
Mixed mode CDs aren't Amiga specific at all. Like alexh said, nearly everything that creates images will be up to the task of creating a complete image. Not really needed to use CloneCD for that, as an ISO + WAV image would be just as good.
Old 10 August 2010, 21:20   #8
exoticaga

Thanks TCD only making sure because of the extra rockridge extensions are 'P' Pure and 'S' Script.

Would think clonecd maybe better than nero and other all-in-one burning type softwares, for 1:1 copying. At least that was what i found out in recent trawl of the net. But thought i would ask here, as many here will use winuae daily to know which is best.
Old 10 August 2010, 21:39   #9
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Hmm, just read up on this special Amiga rock ridge stuff. I'd say you create a 'normal' mixed mode image with something that'll create ISO + WAV of a CD that uses it, mount it afterwards and have a look in WinUAE if it's handled correctly.
Old 12 August 2010, 06:57   #10
exoticaga

Will this using different softwares, to judge which are best atm.
Old 12 August 2010, 11:43   #11
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Theres always MakeCD running on an Emulated Amiga of course, then you can be 100% sure its designed to pick up everything Amiga related
Old 12 August 2010, 13:39   #12
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

Isn't Rockridge a modified version of CD-ROM XA Mode 2, i.e. a mixed content CD? That was my understanding of it.
Old 12 August 2010, 13:43   #13
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Yep, but there are some additional features : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Ri...iga_Rock_Ridge
Not sure which CDs used it, since most 'standard' ISOs seem to work fine.