English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 21 November 2011, 06:23   #281
marcfrick2112
Amiga Fanatic

Nope, desiv, Brilliance doesn't at all support DCTV, sadly...
It IS possible to save a 'blank screen' in DCTV, and edit in DPaint, even this is risky... if one draws in the top few scanlines, it can corrupt DCTV data...
Not too many programs support DCTV directly (scenery Animator 4, ImageFX are 2), but any program that can generate single .IFF frames can be compliled into an .Anim by Rend24.

oh, and I think the Ctrl key, if depressed while drawing a line in Dpaint, will constain it to be straight. :P
Old 21 November 2011, 06:33   #282
Calabazam

This new socket looks just fine. Why not offering an upgrade service for MKI and replace the old popping sockets by new ones?
Old 29 November 2011, 10:27   #283
Riempie
Amiga freak

Jens syas on a1k.org: Ende der Woche habe ich (hoffentlich) Klarheit, was Terminplanung aller Produktionen angeht.

Hopefully some news end of the week about all of his projects.
Old 02 December 2011, 21:23   #284
Exit

this weekend more news from jens
Old 02 December 2011, 22:01   #285
desiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit View Post
this weekend more news from jens
Was that a question, a statement, or a demand? ;-)

desiv
Old 03 December 2011, 00:49   #286
NovaCoder

I'm hoping it was a statement....
Old 03 December 2011, 20:22   #287
Exit

after, i asked about news on indivision i got this answer from mr.does from vesalia:

No tangible news as of yet, sorry. But we expect a statement from Individual
Computers this weekend.

Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

--
Guido Does
Vesalia Computer \\ Magdalenenweg 4 \\ 46483 Wesel \\ Germany
Old 05 December 2011, 12:49   #288
zipper

http://www.a1k.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29880 - but needs a translation.
Old 05 December 2011, 14:52   #289
Mr B

Worse yet, it needs an account to be readable.
B!
Old 05 December 2011, 15:00   #290
maw2k

http://www.amigafuture.de/viewtopic.php?p=46947
Old 05 December 2011, 15:29   #291
Mr B

Well, straight forward. New date for the MKII, but it isn't a date as much as a month. January. So no Christmas gift for my self this year.

ACA1231-42 have been slightly delayed due to the memory going in to the "unobtainium" category. "Might" be available for Christmas as it's going in to assembly. If i understood it right, by the end of this week, or start of next. So it's going to be a real tight fit if your going to find one under your Christmas tree.

A little bit more revealed on the ACA520, seams to be a 14MHz part, and come with 16MB fastmem. (Should make for a good enough WHDload experience with the IDE also on the ACA520)

Reservations for my poor understanding of German, but i did run it through a machine translator just to get a second opinion, so to speak.
B!
Old 05 December 2011, 15:35   #292
maw2k

Indivision AGA MK2
The last prototype before mass production is here since late October and I just have no time to build it. I'll have to postpone it into January and then probably have to take the help of Michael Böhmer to get it ready in time.

ACA1231-42
Here we all are eagerly awaiting the delivery from Winbond. Certainly it is known that on the card is installed the fastest SD-Ram, which is available on the market. Unfortunately there have been delays, that's why we had to postpone the production again. Next week it will finally be ready to begin the assembly of the SMD part. Here is a real chance that the card will be under the Christmas tree.

ACA520
The announced accelerator for the A500 will have to wait until next year, because few weeks in October and November was used to spent on the Nequester.
Nevertheless, it is a pleasure for me to provided the A500 with a bit more CPU power, fastmem and a CF-slot, so we can get back some "alumni" to the Amiga. The 500 is a great form factor that can be turned into a very nice WHDLoad machine. There is no need for a SUPER turbo card, only a good measure of 32-bit power which can provide a 14MHz 68020 with 16MB FastMem and in any case.

Last edited by maw2k; 05 December 2011 at 15:49.
Old 05 December 2011, 18:47   #293
Exit

translation:

Meal

it is certainly many of you already noticed that I've become pretty quiet lately on the forums - both here and in the forum I'm 64 to read only very rarely. This is not about you, but to all the work that piles up here. There are piling up and the questions which projects will be ready for until Christmas, and I will answer here:

First Indivision AGA MK2
The last prototype before mass production since late October is here, and I just have no time to build it. I'll have to move on in January, and then probably have to take the help of Michael Böhmer claim to the part time to get ready.

Second Indivision ECS
Here some of you may already have noticed that there have been occasional delays. The reason is that demand has picked up tremendously after this Flickerfixer in the last eight weeks. As much as I am glad this development is so unfavorable to high demand, because the camp is almost empty. A new production run is underway, but I can not guarantee availability before Christmas. Before anyone asks: The product is not changed. It is error-free and is (finally) well received. The small number of support cases also shows that it does exactly what you have presented to you.

Third ACA1231-42
Here we all are eagerly awaiting the delivery of Winbond. Certainly it is known that is installed on the card the fastest SD-Ram, which is available on the market. Unfortunately, there have been delays, because we had to postpone the production again. Next week it will finally be ready, and begin the assembly of the SMD part can. Here is a real chance that the card is located under the Christmas tree.

4th Micromys V3
Here the situation is similar to Indivision ECS: The stock is low, the constant demand, and a new production run is underway. The stock is so low that I can not say whether's it until Christmas.

5th ACA520
The announced accelerator for the A500 will have to wait until next year, since a few weeks in October and November for Neque are all spent ', which I had not been scheduled. Nevertheless, I myself have great pleasure to the A500 to be provided with a bit more CPU power, and crankshaft and a CF slot, so we can get to "alumni" back to the Amiga. The 500 is a great form factor that can be turned into a very nice machine WHDLoad. There does not need a turbo card, but only a good measure of 32-bit power, which can provide a 14MHz 68020 with 16MB FastMem and in any case.

6th Neque
The next-generation router is the real reason why delayed my beloved retro projects so much. We have spent many months working to get the wireless up and running part of what was achieved in November last. To ensure that this milestone is just stupidly fallen into the Christmas season, in which I always like to take distance themselves from contract work, business meetings and suit makers.
In Christmas 2009 and 2010, I've managed to Neque push aside a little, but now that we are on two fronts have a breakthrough, a new prototype drive announced urgently, we can now 600Mbit wireless and optical gigabit transmission ("fiber to the home "), which are entered into mass production must urgently.
Next year is going to Neque multiple demand in the retail sale. During internal testing, and after publication of several sources, which are under GPL, some technical data to the VoIP community are penetrated. The result: constant demand for the box, the VDSL2, 5-GHz WLAN, gigabit switch, and an Asterisk PBX has on board. We will operate from 2012, this demand, the router will be available in different configurations even when Vesalia.

For me this means: Abbreviated Christmas. I need to start operating the new Neque prototype to Taiwan, and that on 25 December in the morning - otherwise, are not the prototype at CES in Las Vegas ready. I am flying to CES but not - that's too stressful. From the first week of January, I can put more time into retro-projects, so the belated Christmas gifts do not come so badly delayed.

Jens
Old 05 December 2011, 18:53   #294
Exit

sad news, no indivision mk2 this year... we just have to wait again... sigh...
Old 05 December 2011, 22:50   #295
chocolate_boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit View Post
sad news, no indivision mk2 this year... we just have to wait again... sigh...
Absolutely gutted I've been waiting for this product for 2 years now, after the slipped October dead-line, I had asked for one of these for xmas assuming it would be out as promised by end of the year, devistated it's been delayed again

So so so regret not buying a Mk1 when they were out, gutted doesn't begin to describe it. Not gonna hold my breath for january as probably be dissapointed again.

Last edited by chocolate_boy; 05 December 2011 at 22:58.
Old 06 December 2011, 09:49   #296
paulo_becas

I know everybody's been madly waiting for this goodies but we have to support Jens and recognize the enormous effort he's been doing

I guess he who wait this long can wait a little longer.

I must say that i'm more excited to see that 500 accelerator out there than the Flickerfixer (but i still want one).
Finally the 500 will have the attention he deserve.

Jens you're the man
Old 06 December 2011, 12:24   #297
Amigaman

I agree! Jens is doing a fantastic job on these new toys.

Hope all goes well. Hope I still have a job to pay for these things... though being UK public sector could be a downer. Find out tomorrow!
Old 06 December 2011, 13:44   #298
Mr B

Yeah. I'm sort of crazy about the ACA520 as well as the Indivision MKII.
There is a A500 everywhere, if it could easily be upgraded with 68020, 8-16MB fastmem, and a harddrive, they wouldn't be bad for WHDloads. It's just a matter of prerequisites, and price.
Might end up needing a bunch of ACA520's for my friends, along with a Indivision for the A500...
*hint* Make sure there are plenty of Indivision ECS units available when launching the ACA520 ;- )*hint*
B!
Old 06 December 2011, 15:14   #299
paulo_becas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
Yeah. I'm sort of crazy about the ACA520 as well as the Indivision MKII.
There is a A500 everywhere, if it could easily be upgraded with 68020, 8-16MB fastmem, and a harddrive, they wouldn't be bad for WHDloads. It's just a matter of prerequisites, and price.
Might end up needing a bunch of ACA520's for my friends, along with a Indivision for the A500...
*hint* Make sure there are plenty of Indivision ECS units available when launching the ACA520 ;- )*hint*
B!
That's what missing in mine, my config has a CPU 68010, 3 Mb RAM, Indivision ECS, HxC Floppy Emulator, Kick Switcher with 1.3 and 3.1 ROMs. I'm dying for an HD but they are a little expensive and little reliable, i don't want a 250Mb Scsi HD.
Old 06 December 2011, 23:28   #300
NovaCoder

Yes this is disappointing news but as I've said before, I'd rather Jens waits and gets the hardware (and software) right than try and rush it out.

Roll on January.....