English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 24 April 2018, 18:46   #1
vintageBytes

Video Toaster 4.3 Effects help

I finally managed to get my Video Toaster 4000 running, but now it seems, that all effects except of one are missing. The preview icons in the effect list are all empty (except the first item).

I got a CD with the Toaster with version 4.1 on it. This version does not run, it complains about a missing crouton.library at startup

I then installed the version 4.3 from ADF images and got it work.

Has anybody an idea, why the effects are missing?
Old 24 April 2018, 19:24   #2
SnkBitten
Amithlon Fanatic

Toaster 4 opens a "project" type screen for you to add the effects you want to use in that project.

Toaster 3 and below open up the Switcher screen with the effects displayed.

I think (not at mine right now) you click on Effects at the bottom and you'll see choices for different effect types. Open those and drag them to the Project main window.
Old 24 April 2018, 21:56   #3
vintageBytes

Okay, thanks!
The Switcher version 4.3 seems to miss some of the menues I saw in the tutorials.

I've now installed the 4.1 version that came with the Toaster card. It's actually a Disk and a CD. First, I had some problems as the installer kept telling me, that there is not enough space on the disk. I realized, that the installer on the disk might be too old for the 3.5GB partition. So I used the OS 3.9 installer and everything seems to work now.

It's as you wrote above: The list is empty and with version 4.1 I've now the menues necessary to select the effects for my project. Cool!
Old 29 April 2018, 23:49   #4
Pyromania

@vintageBytes

Just in case you didn't know and may need a digital copy, the following site has the 4.3 Install Floppy and CD-ROM ISO.

http://www.discreetfx.com/DownloadToaster.html