English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 06 June 2013, 22:11   #61
roy bates

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
I agree.

I find it useful when I'm replying in a thread which has temporarily become an online conversation. It lets me judge whether I'm likely to get a quick reply or not without having more than two tabs open.

+1
Old 06 June 2013, 22:13   #62
Lonewolf10
AMOS Extensions Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
It was a system update that went wrong, as the new kernal would not mount the old RAID.
Ahh, I see. That's why I never upgrade (still using Windows 2000 on my laptop ), unless I absolutely have to.
Old 06 June 2013, 23:52   #63
Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCK
On "light" skin, there is a bit "EAB3 skin" in red at top right (see screenshot attached)
If it don't work, try to setup "EAB3 skin" into you User CP.
There's one small problem there RCK, in my User CP on my mobile (Sony Ericsson/Android) all I have is 'Private messages & Subscribed Threads' there is no other options available to edit the User CP.
Old 07 June 2013, 00:22   #64
manic23
Only Amiga!

I use EAB a lot on my iPad and it looks kind of terrible on here iPad now, was fine before, any chance of having an option to use the normal view on mobile devices?
Old 07 June 2013, 02:24   #65
rare_j
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by manic23 View Post
I use EAB a lot on my iPad and it looks kind of terrible on here iPad now, was fine before, any chance of having an option to use the normal view on mobile devices?
For a quick fix, you can use Chrome on IOS and once on EAB select 'request desktop site' from the chrome menu. This fools the mobile site into thinking you are using a desktop browser and you get the desktop site for that session.
Old 07 June 2013, 10:56   #66
RCK
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
seems not working. analytics pops up, but not adsense. everythig else looks good here.

Edit: almost good. someone told you about missing line of "who is watching the thread" - it is gone in guest and member mode.
please fix

Edit: roy bates was first reporting. but i second what was said - it is a usefull feature.
- Not yet have time to activate adsense yet
- "Who is watching" thread feature activated again
Old 07 June 2013, 11:08   #67
emufan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCK View Post
- Not yet have time to activate adsense yet
- "Who is watching" thread feature activated again
ok, I will whitelist abime.net in ghostery once it is running
maybe a psycho thing, but once you see someone idling in his request/support thread, you're "forced" to find a solution - it's good to have it back
Old 07 June 2013, 11:16   #68
RCK
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by manic23 View Post
Okay, I removed the auto detection of Mobile Skin, so it won't bother you anymore
To switch on mobile skin, you have to click on the white phone icon on the EAB's header.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PrtScr capture_2.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	35550  
Old 07 June 2013, 11:33   #69
emufan

is there a chance of a Zone backup into "Commodore_Amiga/Misc/The Zone!/" on the fileserver?
Old 07 June 2013, 11:46   #70
DH
Global Moderator

Just had a glitch when I went to my profile, huge blue bar section above the header with loads of black code/writing in it. I've lightened the blue to white so it can be read, and it's something to do with mobile, android, vodafone etc, so I guess it's something you were doing at the time, as I cannot replicate it now.

Nevertheless I will pm you the image in case it contains any sensitive info
Old 07 June 2013, 12:05   #71
manic23
Only Amiga!

Quote:
Okay, I removed the auto detection of Mobile Skin, so it won't bother you anymore
To switch on mobile skin, you have to click on the white phone icon on the EAB's header, or to use http://eabmobile.abime.net

RCK
Superb, very many thanks for that, much better now
Old 07 June 2013, 12:24   #72
RCK
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DH View Post
Just had a glitch when I went to my profile, huge blue bar section above the header with loads of black code/writing in it. I've lightened the blue to white so it can be read, and it's something to do with mobile, android, vodafone etc, so I guess it's something you were doing at the time, as I cannot replicate it now.

Nevertheless I will pm you the image in case it contains any sensitive info
No stress, i was just adding a bigger message on mobile device about Mobile Skin :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eab_mobile_link.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	35553  
Old 07 June 2013, 12:26   #73
RCK
Administrator

Quote:
is there a chance of a Zone backup into "Commodore_Amiga/Misc/The Zone!/" on the fileserver?
What is the fileserver ?
Old 07 June 2013, 12:28   #74
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Quote:
What is the fileserver ?
http://eab.abime.net/project-eab-fil...le-server.html
Old 07 June 2013, 12:48   #75
DH
Global Moderator

Quote:
That is where the backup of the Zone! is, although I'm not sure how up to date it is. You'll just have to search for what you're looking for.

EDIT: Also, the EAB File Server belongs to magix, and although it IS part of EAB it is not truly connected to the abime.net networks or RCK, but it is maintained by some of the members here, maybe your question would have been more noticed here http://eab.abime.net/project-eab-fil...le-server.html

EDIT2: I believe the zone files are manually added to the file server, which is quite a large task in itself to keep it maintained/synced, so maybe this has been dropped because of its enormity, maybe pm TCD, or ask on the EAB file server link from above, as I believe he was maintaining it (or still is).

Last edited by DH; 07 June 2013 at 13:20.
Old 07 June 2013, 13:25   #76
RCK
Administrator

Quote:
I'm sorry but this FTP is not part of abime.net network.
Moreover "The Zone!" was designed to be a temporary file sharing facility, I don't want to be involved in what users does with those files after
Old 07 June 2013, 13:53   #77
emufan

Quote:
I'm sorry but this FTP is not part of abime.net network.
Moreover "The Zone!" was designed to be a temporary file sharing facility, I don't want to be involved in what users does with those files after
ok, np.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DH View Post
That is where the backup of the Zone! is, although I'm not sure how up to date it is. You'll just have to search for what you're looking for.

EDIT: Also, the EAB File Server belongs to magix, and although it IS part of EAB it is not truly connected to the abime.net networks or RCK, but it is maintained by some of the members here, maybe your question would have been more noticed here http://eab.abime.net/project-eab-fil...le-server.html

EDIT2: I believe the zone files are manually added to the file server, which is quite a large task in itself to keep it maintained/synced, so maybe this has been dropped because of its enormity, maybe pm TCD, or ask on the EAB file server link from above, as I believe he was maintaining it (or still is).
ok, i understand. np. since there are still enough active members, one will find a missing file, once it get re-requested

Last edited by emufan; 07 June 2013 at 13:58.
Old 07 June 2013, 14:28   #78
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Basically it's indeed a good idea to PM me if you want a file to be added to the file server. Due to the insufficient naming of most files in the zone any simple addition to the folder on the file server isn't of much use. The better way is to put the file with a decent enough naming in the 'main' folders. So while there is that folder still, the idea is to put relevant enough files into the other folders
Old 07 June 2013, 14:41   #79
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
All working well now. Many thanks.
Old 07 June 2013, 16:59   #80
john1979

Eab works okay for me if I jump straight to a forum.

Just http://eab.abime.net gives "Page not found"

Edit:
Never mind, had to clear firefox cache, bizarre.