English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 07 July 2018, 14:00   #1
big-ted

guru with floppy connected

After testing out of the case, i decided its time to put it back in the case, all back together screwed up and....
plugged in nothing, no dim power light or anything. Strange.

Possibly a red herring an i might not have pushed in the power lead completely with the case now on, but worth a mention in case something had shorted.

Removed from case and tin rf shielding, the plastic is in the metal bottom, so not a short on there.

Plugged in and it boots to insert floppy srceen, ok I thought just not pushed in the Power plug enough. Connect KB and Floppy and get Guru most of the time and the times I don't get guru the Floppy is very slow.

If I remove the floppy It boots with the usual white screen pause when no floppy connected before the ks screen.

The guru it has shown is

error FFFF 7B8B Task 00003E78

tried different power supply
tried different floppy
made sure floppy cable correct way round.

Same results.

any help/ideas

Ted
Old 07 July 2018, 19:52   #2
big-ted

#fixed
Swapped out paula u3 with a known good one and it works, swapped back and it still works some I'm assuming in wasn't quite seated correctly. Time will tell.
Old 13 July 2018, 22:55   #3
big-ted

Broken again, this time seems to have a keyboard issue as well, drive kind of works dosn't sound happy though. The only keys that work are the three to reset.
Tried another keyboard same result.
looking what links kb and floppy apart from u7, Q503 a pnp 2n3906 transistor, could this cause issue on these two items ?. I've not got anything i can swap it out with and maplin now closed got to order off line and wait.

Alittle more searching and q503 Status (Power LED, show status of audio filter) so not that then.

Ted

Last edited by big-ted; 13 July 2018 at 23:04.
Old 14 July 2018, 13:53   #4
big-ted

Fixed for real this time lol. Found high resistance on d6 from u7 to u 10 pin15. Hence the intermitant of the fault. Hopefully fingers crossed this time all sorted.