English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 09 August 2019, 16:04   #461
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Malvern, Worcestershire
Age: 27
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by 005AGIMA View Post
Ah what version peeps been playing?

Also hope you feel much better soon matey.
Deathmatch Server next Weekend if your Interested I Accidentally Posted to myself haha you will se the List of 3 Games to Choose from :-) Holla
nathanm1991 is offline  
Old 11 August 2019, 11:44   #462
005AGIMA
Re-loading. Please wait.

005AGIMA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Perth, Australia & England
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanm1991 View Post
Deathmatch Server next Weekend if your Interested I Accidentally Posted to myself haha you will se the List of 3 Games to Choose from :-) Holla
lol cheers mate.

Wife's put me on a spending ban LOL.

All I've got is Q1 and 2, and UT2004. Wish I could remember what I did with my original UT GOTY edition. GGGGRRRRR. Sold it no doubt or gave it to a charity shop or something mental back in the day.
005AGIMA is offline  
Old 12 August 2019, 00:09   #463
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Malvern, Worcestershire
Age: 27
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by 005AGIMA View Post
lol cheers mate.

Wife's put me on a spending ban LOL.

All I've got is Q1 and 2, and UT2004. Wish I could remember what I did with my original UT GOTY edition. GGGGRRRRR. Sold it no doubt or gave it to a charity shop or something mental back in the day.
Would you like GOTY Edition Sent Via GoogleDrive?
nathanm1991 is offline  
Old 12 August 2019, 04:42   #464
005AGIMA
Re-loading. Please wait.

005AGIMA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Perth, Australia & England
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanm1991 View Post
Would you like GOTY Edition Sent Via GoogleDrive?
Probably against forum guidelines I'd assume.

I'll check Archive.org and see if it's on there.

We should chat more in PM about stuff.

EDIT: It's all good. I've wishlisted it on Steam and will keep an eye on prices. My spending ban will be over soon enough

Last edited by 005AGIMA; 12 August 2019 at 05:06.
005AGIMA is offline  
Old 14 August 2019, 15:21   #465
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Malvern, Worcestershire
Age: 27
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by 005AGIMA View Post
Probably against forum guidelines I'd assume.

I'll check Archive.org and see if it's on there.

We should chat more in PM about stuff.

EDIT: It's all good. I've wishlisted it on Steam and will keep an eye on prices. My spending ban will be over soon enough
Very true wasn't Thinking lol

Yeah it's usually Cheap most of the Time
nathanm1991 is offline  
Old 14 August 2019, 17:36   #466
Hewitson
Registered User
Hewitson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 36
Posts: 3,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by 005AGIMA View Post
Probably against forum guidelines I'd assume.
I wouldn't have thought so. It's 20 years old.
Hewitson is offline  
Old 20 August 2019, 02:21   #467
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Malvern, Worcestershire
Age: 27
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by 005AGIMA View Post
Probably against forum guidelines I'd assume.

I'll check Archive.org and see if it's on there.

We should chat more in PM about stuff.

EDIT: It's all good. I've wishlisted it on Steam and will keep an eye on prices. My spending ban will be over soon enough
If Hewitson is Right would you like It
nathanm1991 is offline  
Old 20 August 2019, 02:25   #468
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Malvern, Worcestershire
Age: 27
Posts: 503
Sorry not been Much Action from me as of Late. In Self Destruct mode at the Moment my Head has Decided it Doesn't want to Play Ball so a lot is a Struggle at the Moment (I Know it sounds Sad but Please try living with it yourself and getting back to me, No rhyme or Reason needed!) I think I am ok but then BANG! i'm not ok at the moment I need to Realise this
nathanm1991 is offline  
Old 20 August 2019, 04:08   #469
005AGIMA
Re-loading. Please wait.

005AGIMA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Perth, Australia & England
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanm1991 View Post
Sorry not been Much Action from me as of Late. In Self Destruct mode at the Moment my Head has Decided it Doesn't want to Play Ball so a lot is a Struggle at the Moment (I Know it sounds Sad but Please try living with it yourself and getting back to me, No rhyme or Reason needed!) I think I am ok but then BANG! i'm not ok at the moment I need to Realise this
All the best to you mate.

I'm sure you are already, but in case you're not, professional help is the best kind of help.

You don't have to struggle alone.

The only closest way I can relate, is my wife recently going through anxiety. And 100% no rhyme or reason as you say. Life was and is going great. Nothing to worry about, yet in the middle of the night, she'd be up wanting to vomit for absolutely no reason other than a brain fart causing all kinds of dark thoughts out of nowhere.

Professional help and the right medication, which she's coming off of very slowly, are the only things that returned things to "normal".

Good luck.
005AGIMA is offline  
Old 22 August 2019, 12:27   #470
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Malvern, Worcestershire
Age: 27
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by 005AGIMA View Post
All the best to you mate.

I'm sure you are already, but in case you're not, professional help is the best kind of help.

You don't have to struggle alone.

The only closest way I can relate, is my wife recently going through anxiety. And 100% no rhyme or reason as you say. Life was and is going great. Nothing to worry about, yet in the middle of the night, she'd be up wanting to vomit for absolutely no reason other than a brain fart causing all kinds of dark thoughts out of nowhere.

Professional help and the right medication, which she's coming off of very slowly, are the only things that returned things to "normal".

Good luck.
Yeah I am Under Professional Help Buddy which is in Fact why I have Taken a Break from Tech Related Things at the Moment it was Advice to Focus on Myself more than Projects etc and When I Start to Feel better in Myself again is when I Slowly start to Dive back into it.

Anxiety is the Worst I can Completely Relate to your Wife's Circumstance and am Glad that it is Easing up

Like you say that is having the Right People Around and Realising yourself you need a Little Extra Help
nathanm1991 is offline  
Old 23 August 2019, 05:32   #471
005AGIMA
Re-loading. Please wait.

005AGIMA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Perth, Australia & England
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanm1991 View Post
Yeah I am Under Professional Help Buddy which is in Fact why I have Taken a Break from Tech Related Things at the Moment it was Advice to Focus on Myself more than Projects etc and When I Start to Feel better in Myself again is when I Slowly start to Dive back into it.

Anxiety is the Worst I can Completely Relate to your Wife's Circumstance and am Glad that it is Easing up

Like you say that is having the Right People Around and Realising yourself you need a Little Extra Help
Good on you mate.

Keep it up.
005AGIMA is offline  
Old 23 August 2019, 13:03   #472
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Malvern, Worcestershire
Age: 27
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by 005AGIMA View Post
Good on you mate.

Keep it up.
Thank you for Your Support and The Sub to My Channel :-) New Content will be up there Soon when I feel a little more up to it :-) Plus my DJ PC is Currently Loaned out to a Friend so her Kids can Play Fortnite
nathanm1991 is offline  
Old 08 September 2019, 01:10   #473
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Malvern, Worcestershire
Age: 27
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by 005AGIMA View Post
Good on you mate.

Keep it up.
Been watching your Videos Dude despite being told to Leave the Pc Alone Keep up the good Work!. Have you Watched CRG (Casual Retro Gamer) Channel? Right up your Street Buddy the CD32 Arcade Controller He makes is Phenomenal! Like you he made me feel very much Part of this Community dropping me A shout out in a Recent video He made. I only wish my Brain allowed me the Confidence to Create Such Great content! I know I don't have to be on Camera but something about just being behind the Camera doesn't allow the Person to get to know You Yourself (Does that make Sense? or am I Overthinking it?) I have made Dramatic Changes to my Man Cave while Taking a Break and now have Space for a Arcade Cabinet :-) I have a Plan to buy a Cabinet with a good Screen but Gutted out to Put all of my consoles into but hidden. Problem is now Controllers it would look Hella Ugly with loads of Wires and Controllers hanging out of the Front. Does anyone have a Idea? Sorry not x86 Related
nathanm1991 is offline  
Old 08 September 2019, 01:16   #474
lesta_smsc
Registered User

lesta_smsc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,681
You could look at using raspberry pi or Pandora box...
lesta_smsc is offline  
Old 08 September 2019, 02:04   #475
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Malvern, Worcestershire
Age: 27
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
You could look at using raspberry pi or Pandora box...
I know this buddy and thank you for pointing this out I do truly Appreciate it

Perhaps I should be more Clear in that the Arcade Cabinet is to Hide My games Consoles All in one Place and in Something that Suits My Man Cave which is Very Arcade like :-) (Now anyway). I live in a bedsit and the Amount of Stuff I own really is a Struggle to not look a Complete mess when on Display which is Depressing! (Practicality is key at this Point)
nathanm1991 is offline  
Old 08 September 2019, 02:53   #476
lesta_smsc
Registered User

lesta_smsc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,681
You want a universal adaptor then so you can wire one controller to all the consoles!?
lesta_smsc is offline  
Old 08 September 2019, 21:52   #477
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Malvern, Worcestershire
Age: 27
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
You want a universal adaptor then so you can wire one controller to all the consoles!?
That is Exactly what I need :-) Are these a Thing? i
nathanm1991 is offline  
Old 09 September 2019, 02:43   #478
005AGIMA
Re-loading. Please wait.

005AGIMA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Perth, Australia & England
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanm1991 View Post
Been watching your Videos Dude despite being told to Leave the Pc Alone Keep up the good Work!. Have you Watched CRG (Casual Retro Gamer) Channel? Right up your Street Buddy the CD32 Arcade Controller He makes is Phenomenal! Like you he made me feel very much Part of this Community dropping me A shout out in a Recent video He made. I only wish my Brain allowed me the Confidence to Create Such Great content! I know I don't have to be on Camera but something about just being behind the Camera doesn't allow the Person to get to know You Yourself (Does that make Sense? or am I Overthinking it?) I have made Dramatic Changes to my Man Cave while Taking a Break and now have Space for a Arcade Cabinet :-) I have a Plan to buy a Cabinet with a good Screen but Gutted out to Put all of my consoles into but hidden. Problem is now Controllers it would look Hella Ugly with loads of Wires and Controllers hanging out of the Front. Does anyone have a Idea? Sorry not x86 Related
haha cheers mate. And yeah I watch CRG as well. The Irish guy. Love the joystick project.

Another good channel I found recently is "David retro games played badly". He's another one with a nice simple format, targeting his personal memories.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO6...an8L6JgzdSSvDQ

Re you overthinking making videos, no you're not overthinking it. You in fact have a good understanding of what it is. It is "public speaking" which is well known for being the MOST FEARED thing. I'm not kidding.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/b...ear-more-death

So your fear is actually only natural.

In my life I've had to present training workshops for a living, and even had to do a Keynote (I didn't realise I was the keynote speaker which is amusing in itself).

But some of the workshops I did,.....in fact MANY were done online, which I guess makes the move into doing these vids a little easier.

Forget the "masses" as let's face it, when you begin, they dont exist.

Instead concentrate on the 1 person watching.

Treat it more like a Skype call to a friend or family member.

Again, due to my family all being in the UK and me being in Aus, this is something that I dont find natural but have had to get over and just "do it" to stay in touch.

So mate, if you really want to do it, when you're ready....i'd suggest....

1) Maybe start with you being OFF screen
2) Maybe even start with JUST gameplay and not speaking at all?
3) Records a few you dont even intended to upload. You may be surprised and opt to upload them regardless.
4) Maybe do 2 player, so it's you and a mate. This can make it easier to be yourself.
5) Just have fun and DO NOT give 2 shits what anyone thinks.

Last edited by 005AGIMA; 09 September 2019 at 06:01.
005AGIMA is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
x86 VS 64-bit? jb2815 support.WinUAE 1 11 July 2016 14:12
DO OR DIE,x86 or ARM? hydragon Amiga scene 19 21 March 2014 12:05
What could have happened if AmigaOS went x86? ancalimon Amiga scene 4 08 January 2010 21:47
The Amiga x86 lelezetec Amiga scene 5 27 September 2009 19:59
Amiga x86 Cerberus73 project.EAB 27 10 August 2009 20:25

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.09565 seconds with 16 queries