English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 27 October 2006, 11:24   #41
shillard

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002
Im only 1 man Pyromania, but if you need any help within my means, then let me know!.

EVERYONE !!!... PITCH IN AND SUPPORT PYROMANIA!!!...

Yeah sure we arent mega corporations with millions of dollars, but lets help PYRO as much as we can!.

Throw what we believe from the past aside, because the past does not equal the future!.

And if you all think i sound like a naive twat, then go right ahead!!!.. it doesnt matter..
Sorry, the only charities I support are:

www.seashepherd.org

www.rspca.org.au

The rest, including Discreet FX, can go get knackered.
Old 27 October 2006, 11:30   #42
shillard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania
@Zetr0

The idea is simple, SHIP IT!
Really?

A few questions for you:

1. What is your distribution strategy? Who will you ship to, under what trading terms, in what volume? How will you secure shelf space? How will you compete with the likes of HP who offer up to 20% margin and 20% rebate (incl advertising) to retailers and e-tailers? What channels will you utilise? What market share will you target?

2. What is your branding strategy? How will you gain publicity for the product and the brand?

3. What is your customer segmentation plan? Who are your customers, how will you market to them, via what media?

4. What is the product channel roadmap? Care to share? Timelines, models, stagegates?

5. What ROI are you expecting from the acquisition of Amiga Inc? Venture Cap operations typically expect 25% ROI YoY, so they can pay the debt out in four years and sell after 5 at a significant profit.

6. Will you be funding the purchase out of cash reserves, or borrowings?

Pretty basic stuff, if you haven't got solid answers for them, you're either full of shit, or buggered. Neither is a good thing.
Old 27 October 2006, 11:52   #43
Outcast

Since when did the Amiga ever get any advertising ?

Build it and they will come.

Well... If it's capital thats the deciding factor, I'll chuck £50 in the pot Bill (another Bill...groan.. Lets hope this Bill isn't a wicked Willy too)
Old 27 October 2006, 12:15   #44
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillard
Ah, the voice of experience.

I'd be interested in learning what lofty goals you have set and achieved in the face of adversity, to be so sure of your opinion?

Please - share with us all.

When you're done, since you're so keen on the imminent Amiga resurrection, perhaps you would be interested in buying the Sydney Harbour Bridge off me? Or these magic beans I've had laying around for some time....

Seriously dude, get off the grass.

Ive faced some tough adversity over the years, and something in particular amongst other things happened to me when i was 26 that turned my world upside down and had to force me to think an entirely different way. I cant tell you what it was due to it being a very personal, and also due to the fact that the maturity and negativity in your comments towards me indicate that telling you would be like telling someone 20 years my junior.

At the moment im working 10 hours a day 6 days a week and studying part time doing 4 subjects each semester in an Advanced Diploma of Holistic Medicine ( its a Degree level course ). I had not been to school for 15 years when i started this, and everyone told me i couldnt do it because i would not be able to do it!.. But i have and i AM !!...

Look i understand as much as anyone on here that its not going to be easy for Pyromania to do this. I watched the Amiga from 1994 onwards just get shafted and reamed so many times, that i thought arrrrggh.. screw this shit, its never going to happen, its too ..etc.. But then i soon realised that all those shit ways of thinking ends up becoming the way i think for myself and then nothing gets done, and it does nothing but make you a pessimistic old man set in his ways.. So no.. what POINT is there is telling Pyromania that its not going to work, that it cant be done, that there are no solutions..etc.. what does it set out to acheive ??... NOTHING !!...

So i choose to give the guy support instead of wallowing in the pit of personal insults and negativity that you choose to gear towards someone like myself and then ultimately Pyromania.

And mate, dont EVER EVER ask me what my level of life experience is in a condecending way ever again!.. Its completely uncalled for and its an extremely weak character trait that you possess.

And just for the record, did i anywhere in my posts did indicate that i thought that Pyromania was going to completely resurrect the Amiga? No i did not. I just chose to give my support to him and anything that comes of this wether it be big or small, its a big or small step forward.

Last edited by blade002; 27 October 2006 at 12:29.
Old 27 October 2006, 12:37   #45
shillard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast
Since when did the Amiga ever get any advertising ?

Build it and they will come.

Well... If it's capital thats the deciding factor, I'll chuck £50 in the pot Bill (another Bill...groan.. Lets hope this Bill isn't a wicked Willy too)
"Built it and they will come", that's bound to have the investors and punters queueing up. Right.....

If you're so keen to piss 50 pounds up the wall, you can paypal some of it my way. I'll at least send you a "thank you" note, more than you'll see in return for your other proposed investment....

When did the Amiga get any advertising?

C= Australia alone spent tens of thousands of dollars (1980s money, make that hundreds of thousands today) each year in co-op advertising alone, let alone real ATL advertising like TVCs, radio, print, etc.

It was advertising that built the mass Amiga market - you don't sell 3 million machines in 6 years by word of mouth alone.
Old 27 October 2006, 12:40   #46
shillard

Quote:
Ive faced some tough adversity over the years, and something in particular amongst other things happened to me when i was 26 that turned my world upside down and had to force me to think an entirely different way.

At the moment im working 10 hours a day 6 days a week and studying part time doing 4 subjects each semester in an Advanced Diploma of Holistic Medicine ( its a Degree level course ). I had not been to school for 15 years when i started this, and everyone told me i couldnt do it because i would not be able to do it!.. But i have and i AM !!...

And mate, dont EVER EVER ask me what my level of life experience is in a condecending way ever again!.. Its completely uncalled for and its an extremely weak character trait that you possess.
So as I suspected, you've got pretty much the same experience as every other individual on the planet, which equals 3/5 of SFA to do with making a go of an IT sales & marketing operation.

About as useful as asking some dude straight out of the highlands of PNG with a bone through his nose how to build an F-22 Raptor.
Old 27 October 2006, 12:50   #47
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
So as I suspected, you've got pretty much the same experience as every other individual on the planet, which equals 3/5 of SFA to do with making a go of an IT sales & marketing operation.

About as useful as asking some dude straight out of the highlands of PNG with a bone through his nose how to build an F-22 Raptor.

Your seriously not worth wasting my breath on. Where did i ever say also that i have IT sales & marketing operation experience? You act like its me and not Pyromania that is going to take this on.

Your taking everything i say complelely out of context and twisting it into your own little world. Spending time with you would be like spending time with someone attempting suicide in a 4 x 4 prison cell. A very depressing place to be.

Im merely offering the man my support. And if you have IT sales & marketing experience, then great!.. good on ya.. but just because you have experience in that, does not mean the way you think or what you know to be everything.

So what makes you so different from ever other individual on the planet ? .. what makes you stand out from crowd that grants you the right to insult and act like you have the world completely sussed out and no one knows any better than you?

BTW - You asked me what lofty goals i had set out to achieve in the face of adversity, not what my level of IT sales & operation experience is. I answered your question, but you diverted it. Next time ask the RIGHT questions.
Old 27 October 2006, 13:07   #48
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Sorry, the only charities I support are:

www.seashepherd.org

www.rspca.org.au

The rest, including Discreet FX, can go get knackered.
Who said anything about sending money? .. Support doesnt need to come from monatary gain.

Good charities that you support there though. I commend you for that.
Old 27 October 2006, 13:11   #49
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

I dont want to get involved in your rant here shilliard, thats becoming a little personal for my taste so if may I'd like to draw your attention to something that is perhaps might help everyone understand.

Taken from: Amiga Why Do We Do IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillard @http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=26202

Why persist with the Amiga?

Because it's there.
I know it was for amiga then. but surely with the right kinda stuff available it could be amiga now? I appreciate there are concerns with yet again another take over, but realy at worst one more cant hurt now LOL.

Its hard to WANT to support such a vaporware ideal such as the amiga at the moment, but if sega (whom have been outa the console market since the dire crapout on the dreamcast) can slam together some hardware that plays some of the old games to make money then surely with the RIGHT incentives any company can.

NOW

Marketing is an important factor as you have mentioned, but by and large the questions you raised are the basic factors for any company. personally i believe before you get to market one must have a product first. or atleast its ideal. from this you can tailor ones product to the market and its extremes.

personally I can ONLY HOPE that pryomania and the DFX team can make a good go of it I can ask more than that... of course that is untill i buy amiga outright in the next 20 years after I have dominated the world... (heh... its a small dream)
Old 27 October 2006, 13:24   #50
shillard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0
Marketing is an important factor as you have mentioned, but by and large the questions you raised are the basic factors for any company.
So let's see what the answers are.

I'll be very interested.

Just a whiff of "all will be revealed soon", will be enough to send my bullshit detector into overdrive.

Jesus, the gullibility factor here is amazing. Any of you blokes interested in the story of Xenu?
Old 27 October 2006, 13:26   #51
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
So let's see what the answers are.

I'll be very interested.

Just a whiff of "all will be revealed soon", will be enough to send my bullshit detector into overdrive.

Jesus, the gullibility factor here is amazing. Any of you blokes interested in the story of Xenu?
Can anyone smell a turd ?

Oh look i can see a Shillard just behind those tree's!, and i must have just stepped in its shit.

The Shillard is a common creature often found in the throws of complete boredom. It expells vast amounts of verbal excrement from its oriface and can be sometimes heard swallowing its own shit.

A very dangerous creature that is close to extinction due to its own view of self importance over the rest of the pride.

Last edited by blade002; 27 October 2006 at 13:32.
Old 27 October 2006, 13:31   #52
Marcuz

@ blade002 and shillard:

please calm down; we are discussing, to a little degree of competence only, all of us, a business issue. little degree because only the people really involved in that particular assets and transactions know what they are indeed.
we can, and we have, expressed legit questions, not even doubts, as potential/intended users/consumers of an X product Pyromania (who, let me stress it, as far as i know is a valuable asset to this board as he knows well enough amiga to make a live of it, to some extent) want commercially distribute.
so on one side we can be enthusiast as blade002 who backup his positive mind with his own experience of life no matter what it is, or be skeptical as shillard who wants hard facts. i know, because i saw it, both way of thinking have merits and do forward projects.
that said noone is entitled to name calling or to say someone else experience mean jack.

@ everybody else, this apply the same to everyone of us, let wait for the project to be disclosed before express mean attitude, what you have now from amiga inc is pretty much nothing so it can only stay the same or get better. if you want express your doubts and questions do it constructively.
Old 27 October 2006, 13:34   #53
shillard

Perfectly calm, as always.

Show me the business plan.

Until I get some hard facts, and simple answers to simple questions, my assesment remains - more of the same bullshit.

They've all gotten away with it for over a decade, simply because a sucker really is born every minute.
Old 27 October 2006, 13:36   #54
shillard

Quote:
Can anyone smell a turd ?

Oh look i can see a Shillard just behind those tree's!, and i must have just stepped in its shit.

The Shillard is a common creature often found in the throws of complete boredom. It expells vast amounts of verbal excrement from its oriface and can be sometimes heard swallowing its own shit.

A very dangerous creature that is close to extinction due to its own view of self importance over the rest of the pride.
You've clearly seized the moral high ground, I have no choice but to surrender to such a solid wit, that puts the pathetic efforts of Winston Churchill, Oscar Wilde etc to shame....
Old 27 October 2006, 13:43   #55
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
They've all gotten away with it for over a decade, simply because a sucker really is born every minute.
It still serves nothing nor achieves anything to slander my thoughts nor Pyromania's. You could have raised your opinion towards me intially in the constructive manner that Marco mentioned, but no you went out on the offensive.

I was never a sucker, i choose to see the good in the bad, and in 2006 what is the worst that can happen. When Escom bought the Amiga, did you say dont bother ?.. yeah as time went on, things just got worse and worse i lost complete faith in any or every company that tried to claim they would bring the Amiga back to some extent.

But for me its far too draining in life now to be that down on this situation and other situations. It helps more to support than to destroy someones goal, and im in the buisness now of helping not hindering.

I understand your concerns and the way you feel, believe me ive been through the Amiga merry go round as much as anyone on this forum, you arent exclusive in this.

But please next time, if you going to make an initial comment towards me or others on the this forum, please do it in a way that asks the question in a civil manner instead of jumping on my back and acting all high & mighty.
Old 27 October 2006, 13:46   #56
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@shilllard
dont confuse me with some slobbering fanboy i said i can only hope, not saying how much time will tell in truth. but gulibility!? hmm that my friend is a supersition about me on your part.

@blade002,
theres not a need for you to stoop that low my friend, you are way better than that...

Personally i fear that shillard may be holding something.. perhaps he is more hurt than he cares to mention over how the amiga got f*cked over the years..

yeah... its hard to be so jaded, especially in todays market.. if pyro and team dfx dont get it of the ground or run it into the ground( that latter would be hard to do since its already there.) what would it matter? it will still be amiga.. pyro is still pyro and a worthy voice on the forums irrespective.

some people are willingly obstinant of change, thats fine... we need people like that, in fact i am sure that everyone at some point or another is like that for what ever reason. its part of being human and makes us refelct the move to be taken. but theres no need to tear strips off forum members. i think theres a name for it

hmm what was it... post-snipping or something like that.

i would suggest that efforts and energies are better served dealing with issues and problems than hacking on about another forum members beliefs, ideas or feelings.

agree, disagree but not hack... thats amiga.org m8... this is eab!
Old 27 October 2006, 13:47   #57
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
You've clearly seized the moral high ground, I have no choice but to surrender to such a solid wit, that puts the pathetic efforts of Winston Churchill, Oscar Wilde etc to shame....
Its the language you started this with, and its the only language you recognise in this banter of insults that you initially instigated.
Old 27 October 2006, 13:51   #58
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

sigh.......... i can see where this will lead...
Old 27 October 2006, 13:52   #59
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
sigh.......... i can see where this will lead...
Im done now Zetro. Its ok.. Please dont close this thread, No more shall be said, and we will now let Pyromania continue the discussion when he comes back.

Quote:
@blade002,
theres not a need for you to stoop that low my friend, you are way better than that...
And yes you are right, I should not have stooped that low.

Sorry that this happened Zetro.
Old 27 October 2006, 14:03   #60
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@blade002
Its okay man, i dont need any appologies.. both you and shillard express the duality of my feelings towards yet another possible purchase of amiga,

you my friend, see the possibilites and shillard expresses the pain and hurt of decades of completely getting f*cked over by CBM,GW,AT,AI etc... and how dare yet another company try its hand at it....

truth...

Amiga: its the coin thats flipped time will tell on how it lands....

if anyone belives in ESP / Telekenisis, if you could will the coin to land on heads... i got a tenner on it