English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

View Poll Results: Do you use WHDLoad? If not, why?
Yes - I've registered 109 50.70%
Yes - but I haven't registered 51 23.72%
No - It's too expensive 6 2.79%
No - Unavailability of the original/images files is a problem 7 3.26%
No - I only have a standard A500 0 0%
No - I prefer ADFs 16 7.44%
No - other reason 19 8.84%
What is WHDLoad? 7 3.26%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 October 2005, 10:37   #81
Ironclaw
Banned

No - I prefer ADFs
Old 10 October 2005, 11:12   #82
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Yes, but not registered (yet).
Unfortunately I don't own an Amiga anymore (used to have an A500 & A1200), so WinUAE & WinUAE-X on the XBOX makes up for it.
Great proggie and great emulators.
Old 10 October 2005, 11:29   #83
keropi

WHDLOAD r0x !!!
I would not get an Amiga if it did not exist, I would stick to winUAE
Old 10 October 2005, 23:03   #84
Jamos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper
Did you actually read the reg page on the website saying that Wepl has been on holiday for the last 2 weeks? He only just got back so I'm sure you will get your key *if* you haven't cancelled the payment.
Yes I read his statement, that is why i sent the money after the first of october. I have tried to email him twice the last week but no response. I like to use paypal to resolve disputes and hopefully he will send my the reg key soon after paypal emails him.
Old 11 October 2005, 02:38   #85
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Payed up and registered for a couple of months now.
Old 11 October 2005, 05:55   #86
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamos
Yes I read his statement, that is why i sent the money after the first of october. I have tried to email him twice the last week but no response. I like to use paypal to resolve disputes and hopefully he will send my the reg key soon after paypal emails him.
OK - feel free to email me if you have no luck in the next few days. Maybe he's still away!
Old 11 October 2005, 08:38   #87
Wepl

Quote:
but 1 week and no key sent. Contacted paypal on getting my money back since I have not recieved any reply from the developer.
I have already two times sent your keyfile.
What is your problem? Do you have checked your mail?
Old 11 October 2005, 23:28   #88
Jamos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wepl
either its not going through to yahoo mail or its getting put in the bulk mail folder. Try sending it again i will keep checking my bulk mail. If yahoo is putting your emails into bulk you may want to contact them to have it removed from thier bulk lists.

thanks for replying,
Jamos
Old 12 October 2005, 06:28   #89
Jope
-

I've REGISTERED even.

I finally sat down one day and decided to configure it properly and see if it really works or not (previously it crashed on me)..

Well, I did get it working and about a week forward, I registered it.

Great stuff. :-)
Old 12 October 2005, 09:25   #90
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
either its not going through to yahoo mail or its getting put in the bulk mail folder. Try sending it again i will keep checking my bulk mail. If yahoo is putting your emails into bulk you may want to contact them to have it removed from thier bulk lists.

thanks for replying,
Jamos
YOu just gave him a reason to NOT send it again..

May I suggest it is attached somewhere and password protected or you temp sign up for say GMail just to receive the key
Old 12 October 2005, 12:40   #91
Lexar4000

WHDLoad is fantastic and certainly worth installing. There is no way that I would play Amiga games as frequently as I did if I had to do it from floppies. I remeber the bad old days when I finished a season in SWOS and had to wait hours as it loaded each countries leagues from floppy-disk and showed their "results" - nightmare. And, also, the solving of some compatability issues is pretty brilliant too.

Oh, and surely HD not big enough shouldn't be an excuse anymore. They're well cheap.

Old 12 October 2005, 13:37   #92
Jamos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wepl
Thanks got it, now registered!

As I suspected Yahoo is putting your emails into BULK (ie SPAM) folder by default.
I would suggest that you contact them and tell them that you do not spam and should be removed from thier spam list. I do have alternative emails, but yahoo was the one I used to register unfortunatly.

So whoever reads this and wants to register if you use yahoo mail check your bulk folder for your key

thanks for the responses.
Old 12 October 2005, 13:43   #93
Jamos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym
YOu just gave him a reason to NOT send it again..

May I suggest it is attached somewhere and password protected or you temp sign up for say GMail just to receive the key
It was yahoo putting his emails into bulk by default. all is good now. I hate yahoo, I do have gmail should use it more I guess..
Old 12 October 2005, 14:20   #94
woody57

Unhappy Ok Thats Enough Dissent

Can I point out this thread is

NOT FOR COMPLAINING ABOUT WHD LOAD REGISTRATIONS

As far as I can see Cody created this thread as a reminder to ALL user's of WHD load that registering it is both a thankyou to it's author & an increase in its useability without NAG screen..etc

Some who only use this program ocasionally may feel that registration is NOT to their advantage , but can we at least try to stick the CORE reason of the threads exhistance ?

Last edited by woody57; 12 October 2005 at 14:37.
Old 12 October 2005, 14:32   #95
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

You tell 'em how it is Woody57!!!

lol, you know many moons ago in its infancy WHDload was some what poor and to be honest adf's were the best way to go (especialy when they brought that patch out for dopus)

but i have to admit since rebuilding a couple of miggy's this year WHD is pretty darn impressive.. nearly 4Gig of games playable in one big splat on a disk!! infact that smarty i want to register it,. hmmm may even do it this afternoon.....

not because of the nag screen and to be honest not because of the authors, the reason i will register it is simple ....

i dont have to swap disks in and out or sit there and install disk after disk (got a DVD full of WHD games) and if i need to i have 3 DVD's of ADF's
(i think its the whole TOSEC library lol) so best of both worlds *ahem*

well theres my 5 pence....

another piece of software often over looked is SnoopDos... damn... i wouldn`t even know where to begin if i didn`t have that....
Old 12 October 2005, 19:31   #96
Jamos

It Rocks!

Sorry for the misunderstanding on the key thing, stupid Yahoo bulk folders!

anyways it works great and is well worth the 20$.
Old 12 October 2005, 19:47   #97
mrodfr

hello,

I'm a registered whdload user since years (11/08/00) and I'm verry happy to use whdload games in the HD of my real amiga.

I'm verry happy to see the exact original and complete data work containing in original floppy disk from old amiga games saved forever and could be used.

lots of work from mans in amiga companies don't diseapeared caused just by floppy life. all their work are saved forever now and It's great.

the other little annoying thing when reading whdload site is for some special long awaiting games I would like to see again, keep their stage of 98% since months ;-) ARGH !!!

for me installs makers are gods with skill to do the whdload install job and I'm verry happy to know some of them by using their work. thanks to all of them actual and past.

making the same poll for the most waiting installs all would like to see from cfou, codetapper, psygore,... could be fun !!! ghost'n'goblins, lollypop and some others of course from me

bye
Old 13 October 2005, 17:29   #98
Calgor
(Amigas && Amigos)++

I will be registering it as soon as i get off my butt and format and build my A4000 and A1200. Don't use it yet as I only have floppy based amigas or winuae, but it sounds so convenient, not to mention the hard work everyone's volunteered into it.
Old 18 July 2006, 21:36   #99
lopos2000
Zone Friend

I bought it, I use it and I am lovin' it.
Best thing since sliced bread.
Old 24 July 2006, 22:36   #100
sinatra
Zone Friend

i dont have the money to buy a license. but i have sold my laptop today. so when the money is on my account i'll buy one. whdload is great. my a1200 and me s loving it. and after i found out i could use my pcmcia compact flash adapter to transfer files to the amiga, i wiped of the dust again. slow transfers was always the reason i stopped using the amiga every time i pulled it out of the closet. now i'm filling the disk with whdload games and demos