English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - Gaming

Old 10 May 2016, 22:37   #461
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Seems only Fiss on my list know that handshake... nobody else.

Interesting game, wonder how long before gets too complicated...
Answer: after following the campaign for about an hour Racking my brain how not to stagnate science production lines over here.

EDIT:

2 hours of racking the brain more and I cracked it - inefficiently. Man this game is hard, but awesome. Where the freeplay mode is the ultimate build-optimize game, the campaign is really a difficult puzzle.

Last edited by gimbal; 12 May 2016 at 10:11.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 13 May 2016, 12:52   #462
Daedalus

I've recently started playing Satellite Reign. Only put a few hours into it so far, but was looking forward to it for a long time and I haven't been disappointed so far!

For anyone who hasn't heard of it, Satellite Reign is billed as the spiritual successor to Syndicate, and even has members of the original Bullfrog development team involved.
Old 14 May 2016, 00:08   #463
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Its been on my wishlist for ages but somehow I can't bring myself to buy it :/ I kind of lose interest because they just had to bolt on an RPG system with leveling. The R&D of the original just fit so much better into the RTS mold.
Old 18 May 2016, 14:23   #464
Daedalus

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's not overly done to be fair, and the research portion is still there, just with a little more detail (recruiting / bribing scientists, outsourcing research, stealing prototypes to copy...), but I would prefer it the class system was toned down a little further. Having said that, a lot of the skills can be applied to any squad member so it's only at the start that you need to have your infiltrator to slide down ziplines, for example. Once you've researched the zipline pulley thing, anyone equipped with it can use them.
Old 02 September 2016, 16:00   #465
Cpt. Hindsight

I bought Fran Bow and played it for about two hours yesterday. It's a unique and disturbing point & click adventure that's definitely worth a look. There's a demo on their homepage. Give it a try.
http://www.franbow.com/

Old 02 September 2016, 17:11   #466
s2325
Zone Friend

Yes, I found demo somewhere and really liked it. Worth a try. Another one was The End of The World.
Old 27 September 2016, 00:22   #467
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Death Road to Canada

[ Show youtube player ]

The trailer video (on the steam page, the youtube video is a full twitch stream) says it all basically if this is going to be a game you either deeply love or truly hate. Let me quote a user review which had me in stitches:

Quote:
Was going to Canada with my roommate and some random girl.

Then we saw a hitchhiker in a hockey mask. Decided to give him a lift to Canada too.

Overnight the random girl disappeared. It was funny. Guy in the hockey mask shows us his machette and chainsaw and it's realy funny. She must have just run off.

Then my roommate disappered the next night without leaving a note... it grieved and it wasn't funny. Hockey mask doesn't say anything.

Shortly after, existance as i know it ceases to be, and the guy in the hockey mask continues our journey for us.

10/10
Old 29 September 2016, 19:49   #468
s2325
Zone Friend

Icy Golf for Android
Quote:
Help a penguin to send his ball for golf through ice platforms directly to holes.
http://play.mob.org/game/icy_golf.html

Old 30 September 2016, 11:29   #469
s2325
Zone Friend

Heroes of Loot for Android
Quote:
game on android in which you get to mysterious vaults for fight against uncountable number of enemies. Each time when you begin the game, a vault will be regenerated, and also increase and become more dangerous.
Features:
• Quests for additional objects
• Four main characters: elf, warrior, wizard and valkyrie
• Large number of various objects to help you
http://play.mob.org/game/heroes_of_loot.html

It's action-oriented, not turn-based.
Old 04 November 2016, 12:42   #470
Cpt. Hindsight

Pan-Dimensional Conga Combat

Great little smooth arcade highscore chaser. The game is greenlit, but it's already available now at itch (linked above) if you don't want to wait for the steam release.
Old 04 November 2016, 13:26   #471
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Playing Odallus: The Dark Call - nice retro-looking platformer/action, that looks like old Castelvania games. Game is part of Humble Gems Bundle.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 04 November 2016, 13:52   #472
Cpt. Hindsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Playing Odallus: The Dark Call - nice retro-looking platformer/action, that looks like old Castelvania games. Game is part of Humble Gems Bundle.

[ Show youtube player ]
Don't forget to give Westerado a try as well.
Old 23 January 2017, 22:45   #473
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Tattletail.

One of the better indie horror games I've seen, quite an atmospheric game for an indie developer fresh out of bootcamp. But very short, can be completed in hours. Which is a shame because the mechanics in this game are quite good, some more replay value should have been possible.
Old 06 June 2017, 11:31   #474
thienloc

Crypt of the NecroDancer http://necrodancer.com

What a cool concept, a rhythm game + a roguelike topdown dungeon crawler.
Amazing soundtrack, soon on Steam.

Old 06 June 2017, 15:49   #475
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Playing Vector past week... interesting little free runner game...

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/vector
Old 15 June 2017, 01:54   #476
EreWeGo

As a fan of games like Speedball, Speedball 2, Brutal Sports Football etc, am quite excited for this new title coming to Steam soon:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/59...wl_Tournament/

Old 11 July 2017, 12:30   #477
Lum

Been playing 20XX a bit. The game's inspiration is obvious, but with many twists.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/322110/20XX/
Old 15 July 2017, 13:36   #478
Cpt. Hindsight

If you like Limbo and Inside, Monochroma might be worth a look.

You can get it for just a few bucks alongside some other nice games in bundlestars' Killer bundle X.

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/killer-bundle-x
Old 16 July 2017, 18:36   #479
Lum

For more traditional Megaman, this new Mega Maker is neat.
https://mega-maker.com/
Old 13 August 2017, 14:59   #480
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Cat Quest!

I like difficult games - this isn't one, it's rather "casual". But it's a darned good casual game I tell you; spot on graphics, music and audio and the gameplay is simplistic yet satisfying.

It's a basic light-hearted RPG that borrows most of its elements from Zelda and Diablo. You get to button mash to defeat enemies, cast spells to defeat enemies quicker and you even get to dodge-roll in true Dark Souls style to avoid being hit. You have your bosses, your tons of side quests, your gear, your upgrades, your collectables, your hidden paths. It's all there, in one really cute package.

Side quests are generally chained so you get some progressive little storylines on the side; it's quite well done.

Item upgrades are also simplistic but nice: find the same item again and the one you already have becomes stronger. No inventory management necessary.

So why is it called Cat Quest? Well because you play a cat and basically everyone sentient around you is a cat, plus the game is full of cat-related puns (the capital is the Catpital, the east port is the East Pawt... yeah). Either you're a cat person and you keep smiling or you'll just have to tune it out

Estimated total play time: 10 hours. Not too bad for an indie title with absolutely no random generated content.

Trailer:

[ Show youtube player ]
AdSense AdSense