English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 26 April 2020, 14:22   #21
Zarnal

Hi Toni.

There is a problem in the interface. If you select " Custom " in " Cycle Exact Emulation Speed ", you cannot enter a number inside. It's ok with 4.3.0.
Old 26 April 2020, 14:52   #22
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

It was already reported in post #2 (easy to miss). It will be fixed in next version.
Old 26 April 2020, 22:30   #23
Pentad

Toni,

AMIX is not booting now. I have included my files for you to look at. The emulated Amiga 3000 color cycles to white, starts to boot and locks up while never moving from the white screen. If you need anything else just let me know.

Thanks for the new builds and your hard work!
Mark
Attached Files
File Type: uae Amix.uae (11.0 KB, 47 views)
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (15.3 KB, 43 views)
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (8.0 KB, 42 views)
Old 27 April 2020, 17:37   #24
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

As a workaround disable more compatible. It also makes MMU emulation slower and is not needed with Amix.
Old 27 April 2020, 18:46   #25
Pentad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
As a workaround disable more compatible. It also makes MMU emulation slower and is not needed with Amix.
Hi Toni,

It was already unchecked (if I'm looking in the right spot: CPU & FPU). I tried checking it to see if it would make a difference and it did not. Same exact issue.

Thanks for your help,
-P
Old 27 April 2020, 19:06   #26
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

The one below "24-bit addressing" and your attached config has it checked.
Old 27 April 2020, 21:42   #27
falken

What exactly does the 24-bit addressing parameter have?
Old 28 April 2020, 19:12   #28
Pentad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
The one below "24-bit addressing" and your attached config has it checked.
Sorry, I was looking at the wrong option. You are right, it was checked. I was able to boot into AMIX a bit farther before I got a panic. I have uploaded my files for you to review.

Thanks!
-P
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AmixScreen.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	67068  
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (12.9 KB, 39 views)
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (9.1 KB, 38 views)
Old 29 April 2020, 15:40   #29
hexaae

Problems with Dynablaster WHDLoad not present up to 4.3.0: game hangs, has no main menu music, input keyboard not working.
My Dynablaster: https://anonfile.com/79A400u6ob/dyn-hex_lha
Bootlog: https://anonfile.com/BcA60au9o5/winuaebootlog_txt
Log: https://anonfile.com/36Cf09uao2/log_txt (some AUDIO/DMA mess...)

Beta 1 (2020.04.26)
No critical issue with any other game I tested...

Last edited by hexaae; 29 April 2020 at 19:21.
Old 29 April 2020, 16:56   #30
hexaae

@Toni
I also noticed some games may have stuttering scrolling (were silky smooth) with Beta1 compared to 4.3.0, unlsess you tweak win32.cpu_idle=165 or so.
With 4.3.0 win32.cpu_idle was unimportant with most of the games and =0 was ok...
Something has changed under this aspect?

Last edited by hexaae; 29 April 2020 at 18:36.
Old 01 May 2020, 14:54   #31
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by falken View Post
What exactly does the 24-bit addressing parameter have?
Nothing to do with beta versions but it means upper 8 bits of addresses are ignored (68000, 68010, 68EC020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentad View Post
Sorry, I was looking at the wrong option. You are right, it was checked. I was able to boot into AMIX a bit farther before I got a panic. I have uploaded my files for you to review.
I couldn't duplicate any Amix issues if more compatible is not ticked. Need to do some more checks later..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexaae View Post
Problems with Dynablaster WHDLoad not present up to 4.3.0: game hangs, has no main menu music, input keyboard not working.
My Dynablaster: https://anonfile.com/79A400u6ob/dyn-hex_lha
Bootlog: https://anonfile.com/BcA60au9o5/winuaebootlog_txt
Log: https://anonfile.com/36Cf09uao2/log_txt (some AUDIO/DMA mess...)
Messages are normal, they simply weren't logged previously. It will stop after about 100 messages.

I can't duplicate and your config has JIT enabled (and fullscreen). As usual, try with basic config first and then add options one by one.

Quote:
@Toni
I also noticed some games may have stuttering scrolling (were silky smooth) with Beta1 compared to 4.3.0, unlsess you tweak win32.cpu_idle=165 or so.
With 4.3.0 win32.cpu_idle was unimportant with most of the games and =0 was ok...
Something has changed under this aspect?
I can't see any difference. Do you have some special config expects something that is not guaranteed to stay that way? (Like you always seem to have )

CPU_Idle should do nothing if program takes over the system.

But yes, 68020+ cycle calculation has changed yet again and it will change in following betas.
Old 01 May 2020, 18:04   #32
hexaae

DynaBlaster in my cfg was launched with:

(L02-03=RCCVPSPC)
SLAVE=DynaBlaster.slave
PRELOAD
Custom1=1
Custom2=0
ExecuteStartup=
ExecutePostDisk=uae-configuration cachesize 0 cpu_cycle_exact true immediate_blits false cpu_multiplier 8
Custom5=2
Custom3=0
Custom4=1
PreloadSize=938142

...so no JIT and CPU cycle exact in the log... Does the same without cpu_multiplier or adding cpu_speed real. I've sent a report for the slave just in case, even though was running fine with WinUAE 4.3.0. My WB starting config (060 AGA + Picasso emulated WB) in signature, but I don't leave JIT on etc. when running DynaBlaster... I also tried from Boot without Sseq (no WB, Picasso, utils etc. loaded) and still does the same. Same if I set 020.

EDIT:
I'll try starting from Basic 1200 + 4RAM quickstart config...

Some games like BCKid WHD run with these parameters have some background scrolling stuttering here after 4.4.0 b1:
whdload SLAVE BCKid.Slave PRELOAD NOCACHE EXECUTESTARTUP "" EXECUTEPOSTDISK "uae-configuration cachesize 0 cpu_speed real" NOCACHE
For a few I've had to add also cpu_throttle -500 or such and cycle_exact true was not enough...

Last edited by hexaae; 01 May 2020 at 18:34.
Old 02 May 2020, 18:32   #33
hexaae

Dyna Blaster WHDLoad

Game does work booting from this cfg (derived from A1200+4MB cfg, just changing 020->060 and adding my HD files): https://hastebin.com/fozijajeqa.php
... so I tried to emulate those CPU/Chipset settings with:

Whdload SLAVE DynaBlaster.slave PRELOAD NOCACHE EXECUTESTARTUP "" EXECUTEPOSTDISK "uae-configuration cachesize 0 cpu_speed real cpu_cycle_exact true cpu_memory_cycle_exact true blitter_cycle_exact true cycle_exact true cpu_multiplier 4 waiting_blits automatic comp_trustbyte indirect comp_trustword indirect comp_trustlong indirect comp_trustnaddr indirect"

...but still doesn't work! Looks like there is something else crucial in the above boot cfg I can't emulate with uae-configuration
CPU/Chipset config via uae-configuration I used should be identical to the boot cfg... or not?

EDIT: just compared saved cfg when the game works, and when it doesn't work and files are identical (!?!??). There must be something else changed in HW status not saved in the cfg I can't track down using configuration files!

Last edited by hexaae; 02 May 2020 at 18:49.
Old 02 May 2020, 19:08   #34
hexaae

Dyna Blaster WHDLoad

So I made some more tests...
As soon as I run (my usual "restore WB" advanced cfg with 060 AGA I use after running nasty games from WB):

C:uae-configuration cachesize 8192 cpu_compatible false cycle_exact false immediate_blits false waiting_blits false cpu_cycle_exact false cpu_speed max cpu_throttle 0 comp_trustbyte direct comp_trustword direct comp_trustlong direct comp_trustnaddr direct win32.cpu_idle 165 sound_stereo_swap_paula false fpu_strict true gfx_filter_autoscale max chipset AGA gfx_filter_vert_offsetf 0

and then try to play again Dyna Blaster WHD with:

C:uae-configuration cachesize 0 cpu_speed real cpu_cycle_exact true cpu_memory_cycle_exact true blitter_cycle_exact true cycle_exact true cpu_multiplier 4 waiting_blits automatic comp_trustbyte indirect comp_trustword indirect comp_trustlong indirect comp_trustnaddr indirect

it hangs with corrupt music player routines (trashed music) and freezes with black screen. I can only RAMIGA+LAMIGA+CTRL.

This happens also with the working boot cfg in previous msg: if I play the game directly after boot it works, as soon as I try to change something with uae-configuration as above in this comment and then try again to reset cpu/chipset like it was in the boot cfg, it doesn't work anymore... As I said the strange thing is that cfg snapshots at this point show exactly the same cpu/chipset settings as the after-boot, but the game freezes....

Last edited by hexaae; 02 May 2020 at 19:21.
Old 02 May 2020, 19:19   #35
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Wait for next beta (later today), I did more CPU speed adjusments that should also fix some b1 issues.
Old 02 May 2020, 20:12   #36
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_4400b2.7z
http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae64_4400b2.7z

Beta 2:

- Custom CPU frequency selection fixed (b1)
- CPU speed adjustment supported in more compatible (prefetch) CPU mode.
- 68020+ speed has changed again. Was also changed in b1.
- "uae-configuration cdimage0 ." left image partially mounted in some situations. GUI eject button always worked.
- FPU FGETMAN should ignore current rounding mode, result is always in extended precision.
- Debugger "mustchange" memwatch point flag was never cleared.
- Added misc panel enable checkbox for beta 1 introduced debug logging. Note that quickstart mode always disables it.
- BPLCON4 sprite bank selection bits have different delay than bitplane "XOR" bits. Sprites: 1 hires pixel. Bitplanes: 2 hires pixels. It was wrong previously.
- "diskchange rdh0:" can be now used to eject drag&drop mounted directory/file/archive harddrive.

- 68030 MMU with more compatible (prefetch) is not stable, at least in Amix (as usual..). Will be fixed later.
Old 02 May 2020, 22:12   #37
hexaae

Dyna Blaster WHD still affected...
Probably a custom music player routine issue I guess, but the strange thing is that it always worked with 4.3.0 and before.

EDIT: naah... disk.1 loaded in df0: as a normal ADF works fine even with my 060 usual WB cfg: it must be a WHDLoad init problem...

Last edited by hexaae; 02 May 2020 at 23:42.
Old 03 May 2020, 13:57   #38
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Dyna Blaster WHD still affected...
It looks like it is slave bug in some situations. Dynablaster vblank interrupt at the end seems to jump back to whdload code which writes D1 to DFF09C but D1 contains value that sets (not clear) at least vblank and ports interrupts.
Old 05 May 2020, 12:52   #39
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:

...but still doesn't work! Looks like there is something else crucial in the above boot cfg I can't emulate with uae-configuration
CPU/Chipset config via uae-configuration I used should be identical to the boot cfg... or not?
I think you're having some problems in your OS. With 4.4.0 I tested your version of "DynaBlaster" with more systems even with 6840 CPU and JIT and I found no problems.
Try a Workbench by default because there will be some library or other in your system that is causing the problem.
Old 05 May 2020, 14:41   #40
hexaae

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
I think you're having some problems in your OS. With 4.4.0 I tested your version of "DynaBlaster" with more systems even with 6840 CPU and JIT and I found no problems.
Try a Workbench by default because there will be some library or other in your system that is causing the problem.
No there's something in that slave or WinUAE, but still not clear...
It works for you? Good, but now try before you run Dynablaster to execute from shell: "uae-configuration cachesize 0" and then re-set "uae-configuration cachesize 16384" (or whatever it was), then run again Dynablaster and you'll see it will freeze keyboard and/or music player is too fast.

Works fine unless/only if you never change WinUAE settings through "uae-configuration"... So maybe there's just an incompatibility with uae-configuration command and 4.4.0b1+ (@Toni Wilen)

EDIT:
made some more tests and it's not a specific uae-configuration tool issue: the same happens if I change JIT CACHES from GUI before I run Dynablaster WHD. You can manually disable JIT, continue emulation, and then re-enable it from GUI and continue emulation, run this WHD game, and you'll be able to reproduce the issue.
It's a curious thing that if you never touch JIT (leave it on or off since you boot, doesn't matter...) the slave will run fine all the time! Once you change JIT CACHES settings (on-off-on or off-on-off), then Dynablaster WHD will freeze. This is the only incompatible WHD game I've found so indeed it might be just a slave issue...

Last edited by hexaae; 05 May 2020 at 18:11.