English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - Gaming

Old 24 March 2020, 17:40   #1
Misclegend

Doom Eternal

I just tried this game which I downloaded from a torrent

despite some idiots on the web review this game as fantastic Id say this game is really bad and is very inferior to Doom 2016

you are not in Mars anymore, now you are on the apocalyptic earth which is full of demons

The levels are dark weird and horrible, full of floating air platforms which have no sense of reality, and nothing changes during the game,the levels looks all the same

The combat is intensive from the begining, bored and tedious
and it is not like other games that the level of difficulty is increased

The sound of this game is the most horrible thing Ive seen in years,
the shotgun sounds like an air shotgun ,but not of powder
and fact is the sound of the other weapons are horrible too, the few music during the game is horrible too

I don't liked this game, I had good expectations and I was disappointed
what do you think?
Old 24 March 2020, 18:38   #2
Anubis
Na'vi Gamer

What is torrent?

I am not much into Doom games, and except very first Doom game, did not complete any later titles. I did try to play them, but never got anywhere with them.
Old 24 March 2020, 22:31   #3
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I already had big trouble getting into Doom 2016 to be honest, I still have to give it a second try on a really high difficulty. I think that's the only way to get some kind of enjoyment out of a game like this, let it kick your ass. Otherwise it is tedious.
Old 24 March 2020, 23:58   #4
Dunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misclegend View Post
I don't liked this game, I had good expectations and I was disappointed
what do you think?
I love it. It's fantastic - and Mick Gordon has outdone himself yet again with the soundtrack. The levels are excellent and follow the rough plotline of Doom 2, which is also set on earth.

There's a throwaway plot which isn't really important as it very much takes a back seat to some of the most intense combat I've yet seen in an FPS.

It's in danger of adding too much to the formula and in some cases it does feel like you have a little too much choice in your death dealing, but in the main it's a very very solid sequel that builds on the original 2016 release in a similar manner to how Doom 2 built on Doom.

Highly recommended.
Old 30 March 2020, 06:40   #5
Misclegend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
I love it. It's fantastic - and Mick Gordon has outdone himself yet again with the soundtrack. The levels are excellent and follow the rough plotline of Doom 2, which is also set on earth.

There's a throwaway plot which isn't really important as it very much takes a back seat to some of the most intense combat I've yet seen in an FPS.

It's in danger of adding too much to the formula and in some cases it does feel like you have a little too much choice in your death dealing, but in the main it's a very very solid sequel that builds on the original 2016 release in a similar manner to how Doom 2 built on Doom.

Highly recommended.
thanks for your opinion but I think Doom 2016 is better than this
this game is not bad btw,I end up playing it I'm on the level Super Gore Nest
Old 08 April 2020, 00:09   #6
xubidoo
Scoobydoo

Been playing it for a week or so and while i think it looks amazing and sounds great, its just not as much fun as Doom 2016 for me.

Difficulty is to high for me as my reactions are not the best and im stuck already lol.
Not keen on all the jumping and grabbing walls either.

Completed Doom 2016, i dont think ill make it with this one due to both difficulty and just not enjoying it that much.
Old 25 April 2020, 11:56   #7
spiff
Oh noes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
I already had big trouble getting into Doom 2016 to be honest...
I didn't get it either.. the fist level with imps that I kept jumping away from me. So I just figured, meeh rose tinted hype from DOS days and forgot about it.

Corona hit
Started with a xbox pad, enable aim assist, ran on a nice big telly, increased turn speed to match strafe...and now I preach the gospel of doom guy and have Gordon om my spotify list.

Xubidoo, lower (or raise) the difficulty until its fun... all that BS about the proper way to play a game is just (internet) elitism. I can't stand bullet sponges, its just"games as a service" padding being mistaken for good game-play.

Last edited by spiff; 25 April 2020 at 12:04.
Old 30 April 2020, 14:10   #8
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

As a lover of Doom 2016 and also the classic games, all I can say is I can't wait to pick this one up.
Old 30 April 2020, 17:46   #9
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

It isn't guaranteed you are going to like this one though, the game is quite different. But you still slay dooms in it.
Old 03 May 2020, 16:59   #10
outsiderz

the new doom games (doom 2016 + 2020) are great ones. nice gameplay. cool sound. i like the doom games. it´s classic doom stuff.
Old 05 May 2020, 15:28   #11
Misclegend

btw, still playing doom eternal ,and is eternal and very very hard

it never ends,it seems the campaign is much more longer than doom 2016
and fact is that doom 2016 was a long game

doom eternal also is faster loading levels compared to doom 2016, there is a big boost in this
however doom 2016 have better graphics and colors , and you will get more FPS at the same level of detail/resolution

Im on the begining of taras nabad level which a real hell , I can't pass the begining of this,wtf ?
Old 18 May 2020, 16:23   #12
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
It isn't guaranteed you are going to like this one though, the game is quite different. But you still slay dooms in it.
To be honest I am abit concerned about introducing platforming elements to Doom. I guess I will see how I feel when I eventually play it.

If the game is as intense, over-the-top and gratuitous as its predecessor, I'll probably enjoy it
Old 18 May 2020, 17:42   #13
kkgarbod
The Human/Gray Hybrid

Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane
I read that Doom Eternal got reviewed bombed this weekend after Bethesda introduced a rootkit ... sorry, denuvo anti-cheat, software. Read this fcked the game up for quite a few people
Old 19 May 2020, 06:20   #14
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkgarbod View Post
I read that Doom Eternal got reviewed bombed this weekend after Bethesda introduced a rootkit ... sorry, denuvo anti-cheat, software. Read this fcked the game up for quite a few people
Yeah I heard about this, have not played it for a few days but I will see what this is all about.
Old 19 May 2020, 08:14   #15
Shoonay
Global Caturator

This guy knows his stuff and explained it:
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 20 May 2020, 11:04   #16
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

It's the fact that it is introduced when it was already on the market that is the most heinous about the whole thing. You buy the game, you play it long enough so you can't get a refund anymore and then they patch a tumor into your computer.
Old 20 May 2020, 11:40   #17
Shoonay
Global Caturator

That's Bethesda for you, currently the world leaders in fucking things up.
Old 22 May 2020, 00:20   #18
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Thankfully Valve is there to balance them out, you can get a refund on Steam even after the 2 hour limit.
Old 23 May 2020, 14:07   #19
Shoonay
Global Caturator

I did not expect that...
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...owing-backlash
Old 03 June 2020, 14:59   #20
Hewitson

I just started Doom (2016). Great gameplay, but the game is completely ruined by the ridiculous amount of things to collect and the amount of secrets to find. It's a far cry from the original Doom where just completing the level was considered sufficient. Not recommended.