English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 05 February 2013, 08:38   #1
Aezeroony

Angry Cf formatting problem

Hi all,

New to all this, I have just got a transcend 4gb cf card with IDE adaptor, now, when I try to format my card after partition it just keeps saying not a valid dos disk, have also tried the other way using sfs file format and all goes fine, I can install workbench but then when I try to add anything else to the partitions it keeps coming up with blockbid errors? Pulling my hair out here, any advice would be much appreciated,

Thanks,
Aaron.

Old 05 February 2013, 08:47   #2
thomas

Quote:
when I try to format my card after partition it just keeps saying not a valid dos disk
You don't have enough memory or your partitions are too big. Big partitions need a lot of memory to validate.

Quote:
have also tried the other way using sfs file format and all goes fine, I can install workbench but then when I try to add anything else to the partitions it keeps coming up with blockbid errors?
Probably MaxTransfer set too high. Should be 0x1fe00.
Old 05 February 2013, 14:03   #3
ElectroBlaster

Send a message via ICQ to ElectroBlaster
Check out this excellent guide: http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=19953

Did mine (Transcend 4gb 133x) the same way but within winuae to make life easier!

Took me a while, not as knowledgeable as I used to be and I stumbled about again and again until I finally sorted it.

Now I am thinking about cutting a slot on the 1200 to access the card, case is perfect so im a little unsure, might dig out an old case top that needs retrobriting and cutting that instead. I do not really want to do this setup again on the real thing, it is not impossible but winuae just makes life so much easier. Also Going to create a complete backup along with tools/apps on a cf card via the pcmcia. Should sort it out either way if things go awol