English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 19 June 2019, 02:29   #1
Leandro Jardim

Looking for specific MagicMenu version

Hi, I'm looking for the latest version of MagicMenu with the older graphics, which works much better with non-interlaced desktops. Currently I have version 1.29, but it did not work very well so far... If anyone has it then would you put it in The Zone for me? Thank you.
Old 19 June 2019, 06:30   #2
ma693541
Computer Wizard

EAB/Google Search.

Leandro Jardim, remember this; Nearly same question. Why can't people learn to search. Use this link too; Amiga Magic Menu Download.
Old 19 June 2019, 07:08   #3
honx

he was looking for that specific version older than 1.29 and your google hits don't show anything regarding v1.29 or older, all hits show version 2.30 and higher so your "google it for you" is NOT useful at all. and i assume, leandro would have been able to search for "magic menu download" by himself... and DO YOU REALLY want to enforce him to remember a question he asked NEARLY 10 YEARS ago? seriously?!?
Old 19 June 2019, 08:38   #4
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leandro Jardim View Post
Hi, I'm looking for the latest version of MagicMenu with the older graphics, which works much better with non-interlaced desktops. Currently I have version 1.29, but it did not work very well so far... If anyone has it then would you put it in The Zone for me? Thank you.
I have not understood correctly that you mean by older graphics, however attached the latest version 2.35 and old version 1.29

http://eab.abime.net/zone/MagicMenu-v1.29.dms

http://aminet.net/package/util/wb/MagicMenu_2.35

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 19 June 2019 at 08:44.
Old 19 June 2019, 10:13   #5
Leandro Jardim

@AMIGASYSTEM:

The best versions of MagicMenu for non-interlaced Workbench screens are probably every one earlier than 2.0. With these versions, the 3D menus are drawn with non-proportional resolutions in mind (640x256). Later versions don't. That's what I meant by older graphics.

Hey, thanks for attaching those versions. Thank you very much!

@honx:
Thanks for your help. I am looking for an old version of MagicMenu, but there isn't need to be older than version 1.29. It can be newer, too. But like I said, it needs to be one of those versions that draw 3D menus the old way, with the old graphics. Probably prior than version 2.0, before Mario Cattaneo help with the graphics of the later versions.

It's good to note that I cited version 1.29 because I have it (before AMIGASYSTEM have attached his disk image), but it has a big problem handling ToolsDaemon menus. Part of the menus appears cut off. So I began writing my thread looking for an old version that works better, if possible.

@ma693541
Sorry, you understood wrong. It's good for you to know that I have the MagicMenu 1.29 version quoted in the first post because I began doing a search with Google, but I have only found it in AMR (so we deduct Google is not perfect, and which we should not rely solely on search engines).

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 19 June 2019 at 22:16. Reason: Completed the text.