English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 01 December 2011, 19:01   #1
hiredgun

Sensible World of Soccer 97/98 adf??

Thanks to the magic of emulation, I can now play all my beloved childhood favorites on handhelds!! I have managed to gather just about all the Sensible Soccer series, but two that keeps eluding me are the 97/98 Cresswell brothers version and the legendary 97/ 98 World Cup 98 Edition in adf format. I know that there are PC versions, but I'd really like to play them on handhelds, because they are much more practical to play on the go!! I have been wading through posts here the better part of the afternoon (some dating back to 2001, lol) and have drawn a blank so far. Just a lot of dead links or links that didn't materialize. I have also hit all the normal emulation/rom sites and haven't had any luck If someone could give me a hand in locating these two lost gems in adf format, I'd really appreciate it In the meantime I'll keep Googling, but I'm all ready 8 pages deep and drawing blanks, lol. Thanks in advance, H.G.

Last edited by hiredgun; 02 December 2011 at 08:50.

Old 01 December 2011, 19:20   #2
antonvaltaz

http://www.sensiblesoccer.de/index.p...=download_main

EDIT: Sorry, I was in a bit of a rush before. The link above has the 97/98 version as an LHA archive, to be applied over the 96/97 HD version (downloadable from the same page).

The World Cup 98 update was on a CU Amiga coverdisk: http://amr.abime.net/issue_665_coverdisks

I don't know where you can get an ADF of that disk, but you can get the CD-ROM coverdisc (no. 24) from the same issue (which also includes the World Cup 98 update) as an ISO from the EAB file server, in the folder /CD/Magazine Cover CD/CU Amiga/

Last edited by antonvaltaz; 01 December 2011 at 20:24.
Old 01 December 2011, 23:37   #3
hiredgun

Thank you very much for the start!!! I actually found and tried the download you posted in the first link before posting here, and all the links on that page are not working. I have no idea why, but I can't download anything from that page. I think I found the ISO for the World Cup update, but I am not sure as there are a ton of downloads on that page. Are you talking about the first one, which is " CU Amiga Mega CD ROM (Nov 1995)? I appreciate the help, but I don't know if I can convert the LHA or ISO files into ADF. I am running the Amiga Emu on the PSP and GP32X, and as far as I know they only work with ADF files. I'll do some further investigation, as it looks like it's going to take some time to track down the ADF's, lol. Thanks again, H.G.

Old 01 December 2011, 23:41   #4
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

I'm afraid you won't find ADFs for the 97/98 season, there are only HD versions.
Old 02 December 2011, 08:57   #5
hiredgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
I'm afraid you won't find ADFs for the 97/98 season, there are only HD versions.
Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't these folks saying that it was released for floppy, which would mean adf? Maybe I didn't understand the article

http://www.kickoffworld.net/wikickof...f_Soccer_97/98

Old 02 December 2011, 09:17   #6
antonvaltaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiredgun View Post
Thank you very much for the start!!! I actually found and tried the download you posted in the first link before posting here, and all the links on that page are not working. I have no idea why, but I can't download anything from that page.
You're right - last time I visited the site they worked fine, but the links seem to be broken. There is a forum on that site, they may be able to help?

Quote:
I think I found the ISO for the World Cup update, but I am not sure as there are a ton of downloads on that page. Are you talking about the first one, which is " CU Amiga Mega CD ROM (Nov 1995)?
No it's CD no. 24 - filename CUCD24.7z

Quote:
I appreciate the help, but I don't know if I can convert the LHA or ISO files into ADF.
I don't think you'll have much luck with the LHA to be honest. With the CU Amiga one, it was often the case that magazines that had floppy and CD versions of their coverdisks, that they would store the floppy on the CD as a DMS file (compressed floppy image) - which is quite easily convertable to ADF (or maybe your emulator will support it directly).
Old 02 December 2011, 10:28   #7
Graham Humphrey

I've uploaded the original CU Amiga SWOS World Cup update coverdisk as an ADF to the Zone (read the Rules & Help if you can't access the Zone).

You can find the coverdisk instruction pages here - pages 24 and 25.

You can indeed get the team data onto floppy but I don't think they'll all fit on there. I remember doing this years ago on an old floppy version and it worked but you may have to miss out some stuff.
Old 02 December 2011, 18:21   #8
hiredgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
I've uploaded the original CU Amiga SWOS World Cup update coverdisk as an ADF to the Zone (read the Rules & Help if you can't access the Zone).

You can find the coverdisk instruction pages here - pages 24 and 25.

You can indeed get the team data onto floppy but I don't think they'll all fit on there. I remember doing this years ago on an old floppy version and it worked but you may have to miss out some stuff.
This is as close as I could come to a "you da man" smiley !!!!! Lol, thanks a lot, I really appreciate you uploading that to the Zone for me. Now all I have to do is get it to work, but that's just a minor "detail" lol. I'll read the insructions and let you folks know how it is going. Thanks a million, H.G.