English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 11 February 2010, 22:20   #21
Dimlow
Likes to be thought of as

Send a message via MSN to Dimlow Send a message via Yahoo to Dimlow
Oh @~'# i have been taking simvastatin for 5 years since i became diabetic from pancreatitis, this could explain a lot!
So xc8 what nice scope did ya get Z
Old 11 February 2010, 23:09   #22
Allen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimlow View Post
Oh @~'# i have been taking simvastatin for 5 years since i became diabetic from pancreatitis, this could explain a lot!
Hi there Dimlow I am also Allen1 on this forum, some of the posts may save you problems later on by recognising problems if they occur.
http://www.spacedoc.net/board/

Last edited by Allen1; 12 February 2010 at 03:00.
Old 11 February 2010, 23:32   #23
bebek

Wow, that went slightly off topic . Thank you Zetr0 for recommendation. I will go for it if my company will not sell to me an old WMA-1 Weller for a good price (around £30 I hope).
Old 11 February 2010, 23:45   #24
ElectroBlaster

Send a message via ICQ to ElectroBlaster
Zetro mate! Many thanx for hunting those down
Something threw me totally off guard today lol, missus took one of her mindees to a local toddler group so I had the morning too myself. Whipped out an old Achme 200watt small form factor psu and attempted to replace some busted capacitors. Fast forward to midday and she comes home and were chatting about a few things so I tell her about the rework station zetro bought from ebay... I expected her to come out with "oh god not more toys". She turned around and reminded me its my birthday in june!!!! Im actually getting excited for once lmao. For the first time in god knows how many years I can see myself acting like an idiot wishing my birthday would come faster lol.
Old 15 February 2010, 22:11   #25
Shadowfire

Since we're trading workshop pics....

Old 15 February 2010, 23:58   #26
Loedown
Precious & fragile things

Old 17 February 2010, 21:14   #27
thinlega
.:Part-Time Winner:.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what do you use the hot air for when soldering? is it for warming up larger areas?
Old 17 February 2010, 23:30   #28
Allen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinlega View Post
Sorry if this is a dumb question but what do you use the hot air for when soldering? is it for warming up larger areas?
I suppose you could do that to lessen heat dissipation when soldering items on a large track etc or to help prevent thermal shock, a halogen heating lamp would be more practical though as they are what is commonly used in a some flow solder pre heating stages.

The hot air system is mainly designed to remove surface mount components by using a shaped head that shields the body of a device and forces the hot air to flow over the devices legs, this melts the solder and allows the device to be removed. By using a smaller head you can also solder components in place or remove them by using the hot airflow to melt the solder, some folk can probably solder bigger devices in place using the respected heads for removal, I was never able to though.
Old 18 February 2010, 00:12   #29
Loedown
Precious & fragile things

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinlega View Post
Usually used to take multi pin packages off a circuit board, like surface mount chips.
Old 18 February 2010, 00:32   #30
xc8
no c= no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimlow View Post
I suggested him this:

http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/dig....html?cPath=11

or this:

http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/dso....html?cPath=11

I am using now (just for simple measurements) the 1st one, DSO (got it as ready product, as the DIY kit has some issues (as I read on their mail list)). Its not too bad.
one 'minus' is that there is no BNC connector, BUT the PCB is ready to put a BNC, I desoldered the RCA and put a BNC , but I think I ordered wrong BNC (more ohms than usually) and I had some noise on the measurements, so went back to the RCA, but then I got an RCA->BNC so I can connect some cheap probes there (no problems). one nice thing too is that you can update the firmware via a TTL RS232 (already did it). Also, there is no dual input but for 49 USD is a very nice tool for our retromachines! -has frequency counter too!! (tested it with a semi-dead ZX +3).

Chris
Old 18 February 2010, 19:02   #31
thinlega
.:Part-Time Winner:.

Thanks for passing on the knowledge guys!