English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.TOSEC (amiga only)

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 26 May 2009, 20:53   #561
DH
Global Moderator

DH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Geordie Land
Age: 52
Posts: 4,089
Seems to be the same with 2000 A.D. (2KAD) Nothing found with that abbreviation. I wonder where the abbreviation came from in Bippy's + Exotica lists.
DH is offline  
Old 26 May 2009, 21:38   #562
PandMonium
Registered User
PandMonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 408
No idea too
there are lots of sets using (wrongly i guess) the abbreviation or variations of the group name (in publisher field there are 200+ sets using either "2000 A.D." / "2000AD" / "2000 AD"), maybe StingRay knows something
PandMonium is offline  
Old 26 May 2009, 21:51   #563
mai
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: GER
Posts: 4,878
This time a proof for the group "Anthrox = ATX".
Screenshot taken from:
Caesar Deluxe (1993)(Impressions)(Disk 2 of 2)[cr ATX][t +1 2KAD][bootable]

Last edited by mai; 09 September 2019 at 23:12.
mai is offline  
Old 26 May 2009, 21:56   #564
DH
Global Moderator

DH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Geordie Land
Age: 52
Posts: 4,089
I can understand the huge problem the renamer's have, on one demo I have the main logo reads '2000AD' then further down in the presents part it's '2000 AD' and on another demo it's '2000 A.D.' what a mess, they certainly weren't consistent with there logo or name

So I guess it's take your pick at which ever one seems appropriate and the rest can be placed into alternative names for them. My preference would be '2000 A.D.' It just looks right
DH is offline  
Old 26 May 2009, 22:37   #565
PandMonium
Registered User
PandMonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 408
yes, my preference too.
its also the name used here: http://noname.c64.org/csdb/group/?id=261
i think we should try to use "2000 A.D." in all dats (since there is no proof for the abbreviation) and the other possibilities be also stored but not used in dats

edit: thanks mai, one less to go. ATX is used 317 times in amiga dats
PandMonium is offline  
Old 27 May 2009, 09:02   #566
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop
Methanoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Roman Verulamium
Age: 53
Posts: 1,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by mai View Post
This time a proof for the group "Anthrox = ATX".
Screenshot taken from:
Caesar Deluxe (1993)(Impressions)(Disk 2 of 2)[cr ATX][t +1 2KAD][bootable]
trivia time:

Supplied by B.H.S. - that was what we put when I supplied titles to ATX - a play on my handle and those of Hydro and another ATX member and on the name of the UK store....
Methanoid is offline  
Old 27 May 2009, 12:50   #567
mr_0rga5m
Tik Gora :D

mr_0rga5m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Round yo momma's
Posts: 1,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanoid View Post
trivia time:

Supplied by B.H.S. - that was what we put when I supplied titles to ATX - a play on my handle and those of Hydro and another ATX member and on the name of the UK store....
Could you tell us more please ?

I know BHS was 'British Home Stores' (now modernised to just Bhs) but the rest im interested in.
mr_0rga5m is offline  
Old 27 May 2009, 17:19   #568
rygar
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Poland
Posts: 227
Nice info about 2000 A.D. group:
http://noname.c64.org/csdb/group/?id=261
rygar is offline  
Old 28 May 2009, 00:19   #569
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop
Methanoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Roman Verulamium
Age: 53
Posts: 1,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_0rga5m View Post
Could you tell us more please ?

I know BHS was 'British Home Stores' (now modernised to just Bhs) but the rest im interested in.
Just Beast-Hydro-Sprog!! - cos they didnt want anyone knowing I was the actual supplier. Didnt want me poached to another crew. As it was since I refused to join a certain "legendary" group they decided it was easier and cheaper to grass me up. One honest member of that group had the decency to tell me but not until after I'd been closed down...
Methanoid is offline  
Old 31 May 2009, 22:32   #570
mai
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: GER
Posts: 4,878
Quote:
abbreviation in idoru list, pic would be nice
Screenshot taken from:
Paramax (1991)(Kingsoft)[cr AFL][t +3 AFL]

Last edited by mai; 09 September 2019 at 23:12.
mai is offline  
Old 31 May 2009, 22:50   #571
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Galahad/FLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 46
Posts: 7,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanoid View Post
Just Beast-Hydro-Sprog!! - cos they didnt want anyone knowing I was the actual supplier. Didnt want me poached to another crew. As it was since I refused to join a certain "legendary" group they decided it was easier and cheaper to grass me up. One honest member of that group had the decency to tell me but not until after I'd been closed down...
I'm going to have a stab at that group being one I was in, and the grass being someone in Sweden?
Galahad/FLT is offline  
Old 01 June 2009, 01:30   #572
PandMonium
Registered User
PandMonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by mai View Post
Screenshot taken from:
Paramax (1991)(Kingsoft)[cr AFL][t +3 AFL]
thanks
any of you know if AFL (Alpha Flight) was also present in C64 and Atari ST scene? i hope so
PandMonium is offline  
Old 01 June 2009, 13:27   #573
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop
Methanoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Roman Verulamium
Age: 53
Posts: 1,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
I'm going to have a stab at that group being one I was in, and the grass being someone in Sweden?
Wot? JBM? Couldnt possibly comment!!!
Methanoid is offline  
Old 01 June 2009, 13:35   #574
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

StingRay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Berlin/Joymoney
Posts: 6,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandMonium View Post
any of you know if AFL (Alpha Flight) was also present in C64 and Atari ST scene?
AFL started on C64 and later had an Amiga section. They never were on Atari though.
StingRay is offline  
Old 01 June 2009, 13:51   #575
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Galahad/FLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 46
Posts: 7,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanoid View Post
Wot? JBM? Couldnt possibly comment!!!
And i'm guessing either N.O.M.A.D. or Splatt! did the decent thing.
Galahad/FLT is offline  
Old 01 June 2009, 18:24   #576
PandMonium
Registered User
PandMonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
AFL started on C64 and later had an Amiga section. They never were on Atari though.
Ok then, thank you
"AFL" is used in Amiga and C64 dats tons of times, "Alpha Flight" is used only once in Amiga and i suppose it is the same group but the renamer didin't knew about the abbreviation
Code:
Commodore Amiga - Docs:
Trilogy Docs Disk 05 (1990)(Trilogy)[m Alpha Flight]
i just asked about this because there are sets in Atari ST dats using "Alpha Flight" too and i was expecting it was the same group, then it must be a different group with the same name or some error / other explanation

Code:
Atari ST - Educational - [ST]:
Code Facile (1989)(Coktel Vision)(fr)[cr Alpha Flight]
Labyrinthe de l'Errare, Le (1989)(Retz)[cr Alpha Flight]

Atari ST - Games - [ST]:
Falcon v1.00 (1988)(Mirrorsoft)[cr Alpha Flight][one disk]
Labyrinthe d'Orthophus, Le (1989)(Retz)(fr)[cr Alpha Flight]
Meurtre a Venise (1989)(Cobra Soft)(fr)[cr Alpha Flight]
Silk Worm (1988)(Tecmo)[cr Alpha Flight]
PandMonium is offline  
Old 01 June 2009, 18:29   #577
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

StingRay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Berlin/Joymoney
Posts: 6,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandMonium View Post
i just asked about this because there are sets in Atari ST dats using "Alpha Flight" too and i was expecting it was the same group, then it must be a different group with the same name or some error / other explanation
The Atari Alpha Flight has nothing to do with the C64/Amiga Alpha Flight, it's a different group.
StingRay is offline  
Old 01 June 2009, 19:53   #578
mai
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: GER
Posts: 4,878
some information

BJ abbreviation seems to be invalid, used only once in current Amiga games dat.
I am not able to find such abbreviation in this set:
Pawn, The v2.2 (1986)(Rainbird)[cr BJ]
Are there another sets to check?
Full name for "BJ" is "The Banana Joe Corporation", meanly known from the C64 scene.

Next information is probably useful for the database, but has nothing to do with abbreviations(off topic)
"Taiffun" should be "Taifun".
Also used once in current Amiga games dat.

"Gordh - Badmon" should be "Gordh - Badamon"
screenshot taken from:
Panzer Battles v1.2 (1991)(SSG)[h Gordh - Badmon]
I have also checked:
TV Sports Boxing (1991)(Cinemaware)[cr ATX][h Gordh - Badmon][v Saddam-Saddam II]

Last edited by mai; 09 September 2019 at 23:12.
mai is offline  
Old 01 June 2009, 20:33   #579
PandMonium
Registered User
PandMonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by mai View Post
BJ abbreviation seems to be invalid, used only once in current Amiga games dat.
I am not able to find such abbreviation in this set:
Pawn, The v2.2 (1986)(Rainbird)[cr BJ]
Are there another sets to check?
Full name for "BJ" is "The Banana Joe Corporation", meanly known from the C64 scene.
Nop, only used in "Pawn, The v2.2 (1986)(Rainbird)[cr BJ]", is this The Banana Joe Corporation some scene group that Banana Joe started or something? there was a "Banana Joe" in C64 like you said and showed in 2nd shot, don't know anything more about him ( http://noname.c64.org/csdb/scener/?id=16480 ) or this group

Quote:
Originally Posted by mai View Post
Next information is probably useful for the database, but has nothing to do with abbreviations(off topic)
"Taiffun" should be "Taifun".
Also used once in current Amiga games dat.
Nice There is only one more set with "Taifun" in TOSEC and it is "Supercode (19xx)(CP Verlag)[cr Taifun]" from Commodore C64 - Games - [D64] datfile, can't find it/him on c64 scene db, any change of those 2 being the same group? or maybe a scener?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mai View Post
"Gordh - Badmon" should be "Gordh - Badamon"
screenshot taken from:
Panzer Battles v1.2 (1991)(SSG)[h Gordh - Badmon]
I have also checked:
TV Sports Boxing (1991)(Cinemaware)[cr ATX][h Gordh - Badmon][v Saddam-Saddam II]
Ok nice catch, "Gordh" and "Badamon" are only used 2 times.
I will take that they were 2 groups, any of you know if they were just 2 guys (sceners) instead of scene groups? Did they work cooperatively? (it could be "Gordh + Badamon"

Edit: Also from your 3rd shot i can see "Fix Limited", i suppose it means that "Fix Ltd" group full name is "Fix Limited" right? Fix Ltd is used 38 times against 0 of Fix Limited and just wanted to know if they really used "Fix Ltd" or the renamer just took the liberty to abbreviate their name

Last edited by PandMonium; 01 June 2009 at 20:40.
PandMonium is offline  
Old 01 June 2009, 20:49   #580
mai
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: GER
Posts: 4,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandMonium View Post

Edit: Also from your 3rd shot i can see "Fix Limited", i suppose it means that "Fix Ltd" group full name is "Fix Limited" right? Fix Ltd is used 38 times against 0 of Fix Limited and just wanted to know if they really used "Fix Ltd" or the renamer just took the liberty to abbreviate their name
Proof:

Last edited by mai; 09 September 2019 at 23:12.
mai is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Short Grey DDNI request.Old Rare Games 8 22 July 2018 18:55
Short cuts in E-UAE jakob.joergense support.OtherUAE 5 12 February 2011 13:27
REQ: Scene group names proof DH project.TOSEC (amiga only) 18 30 November 2010 20:02
WinUAE Wishlist (quite short) bugmenot support.WinUAE 3 06 February 2006 10:46
The Short Grey Frog request.Demos 11 15 August 2001 11:19

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.14688 seconds with 16 queries