English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 31 December 2019, 15:52   #1
GavinG

FS-UAE ADF to real Amiga?

I'm trying to get mods and samples that I've found online in .lha format onto my Amiga 500+ which has a Gotek USB drive, and I'm not having much luck.

I can unpack the .lha's on my Mac with StuffitExpander.

Then I configured UAE with two HDs mounted, holding WB and a Mac folder, and also a blank .ADF mounted as a floppy. Opening UAE and running WB, I then copied files from the Mac folder onto the .ADF (with writable_floppy_images = 1 set up). The resulting .ADF file opens fine on AUE but not on my actual Amiga, where it reports 'not a DOS disk'. Am I making an error here? Instead of saving to the .ADF file, do I need to run an .ADF complier inside UAE to create an ADF that'll work on an actual Amiga? Or something else?

I used to transfer using ADFOpus on a PC, and the .ADF disks full of .mods opened fine, so what am I missing?

If there was a simple drag and drop Mac app for this it would be transformative. ADFBench lets me open an ADF file and inspect it on my Mac desktop, but you can only look, not drag and drop files into the ADF! So close!