English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 29 September 2015, 12:21   #1
andwan0

It Came From The Desert

anyone manage to get this working on UAE4Droid or DOSBox Turbo nicely? DOSBox Turbo seems to have bad joystick support, and UAE4Droid has problems with fire buttons.

Old 29 September 2015, 13:37   #2
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

I've tried for ages on UAE4Droid - it just won't work. I had some luck with AnUAE4All which has a slowdown setting, but you have to pay for it and it updated last time in 2013, so I suspect it might even have issues with 4.0+ by now.

I recommend you to try UAE4All2, it has got a much better compatibility level than UAE4Droid and it's much more configurable as well. Never tried It Came from the Desert on it, though.

The DOS version of ICFTD runs pretty nicely on aFreebox (the free version of DOSBox Turbo) on my Nexus 5, just tested it.
Old 30 September 2015, 12:53   #3
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenam View Post
I've tried for ages on UAE4Droid - it just won't work. I had some luck with AnUAE4All which has a slowdown setting, but you have to pay for it and it updated last time in 2013, so I suspect it might even have issues with 4.0+ by now.

I recommend you to try UAE4All2, it has got a much better compatibility level than UAE4Droid and it's much more configurable as well. Never tried It Came from the Desert on it, though.

The DOS version of ICFTD runs pretty nicely on aFreebox (the free version of DOSBox Turbo) on my Nexus 5, just tested it.
UAE4ALL2 is great, sometimes you get some wierd stuttering, but that is down to CPU speed, simply changing to 14MHz and your good, .
Have my current A1200 OS3.9 setup running on it.
EDIT:- Just checked ICFTD and it runs very decent on my Phone, infact a little to good, had to enable VSYNC to slow it down abit.

Last edited by FOL; 30 September 2015 at 12:59.
Old 30 September 2015, 14:48   #4
BaldMonk

It took me aaaaaaaaaages to figure out what was up with the joystick support on DosBox Turbo.... Turns out having your cycles up too high (or even auto) messes with it for some reason... So try it out kinda low and see how you go... I think it was either 1000, or 10,000 that was the sweet spot.

I hated UAE4ALL2 at first... The menu was a monster when I first tried it, and while it still leaves a lot to be desired, it's much easier to use now (well, navigating your folders is awful still).
But under the hood, that thing is a BEAST! And the fact you can save a config for each game is outstanding!

No matter what I do, ICFTD still runs a little fast... Always cutting off "meek will inherit the earth"
Any one getting that complete sentence? What settings you on?
Old 30 September 2015, 16:36   #5
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldMonk View Post
I hated UAE4ALL2 at first... The menu was a monster when I first tried it, and while it still leaves a lot to be desired, it's much easier to use now (well, navigating your folders is awful still).
But under the hood, that thing is a BEAST! And the fact you can save a config for each game is outstanding!

No matter what I do, ICFTD still runs a little fast... Always cutting off "meek will inherit the earth"
Any one getting that complete sentence? What settings you on?
Indeed - I still don't like browsing my files with it.

The Amiga Emulator that had the best UI ever on Android was/is Omega500. Outstanding UI and some of the best touch commands I've ever used on Android.

Yeah, I remember that issue about the speed as well... I think I had some problems when shooting at ants in the arcade scenes as well, because of the speed!
Old 01 October 2015, 11:02   #6
BaldMonk

Yeah, Omega was really nice and clean UI wise. I wish we could touch and scroll folders on UAE4ALL2.
Still, I like that I can customize any keyboard button to a physical button on my chinese game tablet in U4A2. Perfect for games that might use a couple keyboard buttons.

The speed issue is much worse on ITFTD than other emulators... So this is better than nothing... And far better than the ugly ass DOS version