English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL suggestions and feedback

Old 08 January 2024, 23:43   #1
AMIPEGUSER

Liga Manager and Bundesliga 3000...

I thought that no Working programs are listed in HOL.

The programs Liga Manager (OASE) and Bundesligs 3000 (Schatztruhe) are no Football Managers.

Both Programs are just a administration programs for League Tables.
You can make listing of the Tables of your own club for every week or for Bundesliga etc. and save them. But there is nothing to play there.
These Programs are just for Tables administrations.
Old 09 January 2024, 11:48   #2
NPI

They are listed as Genre -> Utility. Maybe some day you could filter out utilities, just like you can do that with compilations.
Old 09 January 2024, 15:27   #3
AMIPEGUSER

Ah, sorry.
Did not saw the Category in which stand "utility"
Thanks for the Info
Old 10 January 2024, 07:53   #4
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

My 2 cent: The 'utility' category should only be used if the entry is related to a game. For example a level/map editor. There are now quite a few entries that indeed aren't game related at all (driver license test preparation or those football league table managers). This is just my personal opinion about the matter though.
Old 10 January 2024, 09:09   #5
rygar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
My 2 cent: The 'utility' category should only be used if the entry is related to a game. For example a level/map editor. There are now quite a few entries that indeed aren't game related at all (driver license test preparation or those football league table managers). This is just my personal opinion about the matter though.
On HOL there is info:
"Tired of just playing games? Create your own Amiga software with these construction kits and editors.
This genre also includes paint packages, encyclopedias, typing tutors and even a light synthesizer."

For example i uploaded recenty do FTP "Word Cup Encyclopedia" and "Amilopedia" and both contributions was rejected. In my opinion this category should cover all educational products which are not games.
Old 10 January 2024, 09:20   #6
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

My point is based on this: https://amiga.abime.net/faqs/hol-fundamentals

As I said that is my personal view. That description of the utility category is in my opinion not very carefully worded.
Old 10 January 2024, 13:39   #7
AMIPEGUSER

Well,
maybe it is not easy to describe what is like game Editor or Educational.

I just wondered of these both entries, because there are just administration programs and have nothing to do with games.

By the way, because of Interpreters like Scumm.
In which category did I have to search for entries on that?
I collected also many games which are using scumm, because for me it is no emulation like DosBox.
Game like The Dig, Blade Runner, KQ7 etc. will be still missing.
2.Question: unreleased games are normally missing in action. Is that a whish of HOL?
On some games it will be possible to save screenshots from PC/MAC Versions just to see what they look a like. Or it more confusing?
Old 10 January 2024, 14:00   #8
rygar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIPEGUSER View Post
2.Question: unreleased games are normally missing in action. Is that a whish of HOL?
On some games it will be possible to save screenshots from PC/MAC Versions just to see what they look a like. Or it more confusing?
For me "unreleased" games is very tricky category. There's a lot of games which are now available in full version. There're also many demos which could be handy to create a screenshots and new entries.
More confusing part is subsite "Amiga Games That Weren't" which is not updated.
Old 11 January 2024, 07:48   #9
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Just to close this from my side: There was a discussion about the 'utility' category yesterday and a clarification about it might appear at one point. Sadly due to personal circumstances work on HOL itself and not the content is very slow at the moment.